Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

If one wanted to beat the "forced missed tackles" drum when it comes to being the better measure of a rb's talent-level (which I think still gets you into a preferred style debate), then it would make sense to analyze the list of those rbs with the best broken tackle/touch %.

Ok you may be right about using broken tackles per touch to each is their own. I like the total broke tackles when looking for fantasy RBS because it also implies that rb got the ball a ton as well. 

But could you tell me other "preferred styles" of RBS that ya hint at? I'm assuming ya mean guys that read the oline well and make a cut for big yards or something like that?

On 4/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, Stonej14 said:

Ok you may be right about using broken tackles per touch to each is their own. I like the total broke tackles when looking for fantasy RBS because it also implies that rb got the ball a ton as well. 

But could you tell me other "preferred styles" of RBS that ya hint at? I'm assuming ya mean guys that read the oline well and make a cut for big yards or something like that?

I don’t have a preferred style...as long as they can average 4.4+ ypc.

12 hours ago, psygolf said:

I didnt ask for your preferred style. I asked for the other "preferred styles" of running backs that you keep inferring as I defend my broken takcles being related to rb talent comment.

You said

"It’s only only a description of “style”...then you need to acknowledge the confounding variables"

I responded and defended my comment and you replied.

If one wanted to beat the "forced missed tackles" drum when it comes to being the better measure of a rb's talent-level (which I think still gets you into a preferred style debate)

So could you please tell me the other style of RBS there are. Besides the guys that yanno make guys miss and get yards all by themselves. Is the other style of rb the RBS that get tackled on first contact?

And for not having a preferred style as long as they get 4.4+ ypc. That's like literally 25 of the 40 leading rushers in the nfl. That's why I think its a lesser evaluator of talent. Almost everyone does it. However the outlier is david johnson who was the rb10.and averaged 3.7 ypc. But I guess ya rather have frank gore and his 4.4 ypc?

12 hours ago, psygolf said:

Your bar is very low given the TOP 31 RB's average at least 4.4 ypc. . . 🤣

Why not just say as long as they play on Sunday?  😱

Well then if that's your criteria, you will be obviously be drafting the top ypc rb's? 🤔

Aaron Jones   5.5   
Phillip Lindsay 5.4 
Kerryon Johnson 5.4 
Matt Breida 5.3     
C.J. Anderson 5.2   
Nick Chubb 5.2      
Gus Edwards 5.1     

A couple of hose guys may work out if you prioritize wr's as your top draft picks

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

Well then if that's your criteria, you will be obviously be drafting the top ypc rb's? 🤔

Aaron Jones   5.5   
Phillip Lindsay 5.4 
Kerryon Johnson 5.4 
Matt Breida 5.3     
C.J. Anderson 5.2   
Nick Chubb 5.2      
Gus Edwards 5.1     

A couple of hose guys may work out if you prioritize wr's as your top draft picks

That's a pretty good list of players.. Swing and miss there.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

That's a pretty good list of players.. Swing and miss there.

Yeah that was the point of my comment. if u prioritize locking in elite wr's u can take shots on a couple of those rb's working out 👁️

Edited by dashoe

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Yeah that was the point of my comment. if u prioritize locking in elite wr's u can take shots on a few of those rb's working out 👁️

Oh, it comes across as you are crapping on those players.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Oh, it comes across as you are crapping on those players.

No I'm crapping on 4.4 ypc as the metric for evaluation. . . .😱

• Like 1

Just now, dashoe said:

Noted and agreed with you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Noted and agreed with you.

Ok glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was taking crazy pills for a minute 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dashoe said:

Aaron Jones   5.5   
Phillip Lindsay 5.4 
Kerryon Johnson 5.4 
Matt Breida 5.3     
C.J. Anderson 5.2   
Nick Chubb 5.2      
Gus Edwards 5.1     

The top 31 rbs in ‘18 all averaged over 4.4

...interesting, good to know.

Link?

Edited by psygolf

No if to you took the ypc of each of the top 31 RBS and averaged them all together you would get 4.4 ypc. A few averaged less. David Johnson got 3.7ypc 

28 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Ok glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was taking crazy pills for a minute 

You might want to open up a HoF page before you join in on the potty party.

2 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

No if to you took the ypc of each of the top 31 RBS and averaged them all together you would get 4.4 ypc. A few averaged less. David Johnson got 3.7ypc 

New math?

17 minutes ago, psygolf said:

New math?

Whoops misread that. Dashoe wasnt talking about the top 31 RBS in football averaging 4.4 ypc or more. He was saying that the there are 31 RBS in football that average 4.4 or higher ypc. 

I was saying that of the 30 top rushers in the nfl last year 25 of them averaged 4.4 ypc. So if 4.4 ypc is you set point of a talented rb you have a 25 in 30 chance of getting one. This excludes guys like david johnson who only rushed over 4.4 once. His rookie year. 

22 minutes ago, psygolf said:

You might want to open up a HoF page before you join in on the potty party.

Wtf is a potty party and what does the HoF page got to do with this

53 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

what does the HoF page got to do with this

I think there are some talented rbs in the HoF

31 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Well duh.. that's why they're in the hall of fame. 

Is the 4.4ypc your bench mark for whether a player gets in the hall of fame? 

2 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Well duh.. that's why they're in the hall of fame. 

Is the 4.4ypc your bench mark for whether a player gets in the hall of fame? 

It won’t keep you out

33 minutes ago, psygolf said:

It won’t keep you out

Ok I'm obviously new here but I gotta ask. Are you one of those losers who just gotta have the last word? This is a terrible argument. 

6 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Ok I'm obviously new here but I gotta ask. Are you one of those losers who just gotta have the last word? This is a terrible argument. 

I don’t care to have the last word...maybe I just have more stamina because I do not give a pass on bad stats, no matter how long one has been here.

I will give a pass on those who need to throw out insults online though.  No harm, no foul.

4 hours ago, psygolf said:

Also, Jerome Bettis.

13 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Also, Jerome Bettis.

I owned him when he carried 5 times for 1yd, 3tds.

Beautiful thing.

31 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I don’t care to have the last word...maybe I just have more stamina because I do not give a pass on bad stats, no matter how long one has been here.

I will give a pass on those who need to throw out insults online though.  No harm, no foul.

Your the one throwing out poor stats.

You've said that broken tackles is used more for a "preferred style" than talent. Then could not come up with another "style" of running back to give me. Still waiting tho, I'd love to learn it maybe it can help me this upcoming fantasy season

Then say that you dont care what type of rb ya get as long as he gets 4.4 ypc which would give you 31 possible RBS that you would've rather had that david johnson the 3.7 ypc guy. 

Then you say "4.4 ypc wont keep ya out of the HoF." Bettis ypc average is 3.8ypc I guess that wont keep ya out either. Or riggins 3.9ypc or csonka 4.1ypc or marcus Allen's 4.1ypc. Or emmit Smiths a 4.2 ypc

I've tore down every straw man you can build then you just throw out some more garbage. so your either a troll or just gotta have the last word which is fine sometimes ya gotta stand your ground but theres nothing wrong with admitting that your biased towards something and you like your way despite any inaccuracies with it, I'm clearly biased to the broken tackles and talent equivalents. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

Your the one throwing out poor stats.

You've said that broken tackles is used more for a "preferred style" than talent. Then could not come up with another "style" of running back to give me. Still waiting tho, I'd love to learn it maybe it can help me this upcoming fantasy season

Then say that you dont care what type of rb ya get as long as he gets 4.4 ypc which would give you 31 possible RBS that you would've rather had that david johnson the 3.7 ypc guy. 

Then you say "4.4 ypc wont keep ya out of the HoF." Bettis ypc average is 3.8ypc I guess that wont keep ya out either. Or riggins 3.9ypc or csonka 4.1ypc or marcus Allen's 4.1ypc. Or emmit Smiths a 4.2 ypc

I've tore down every straw man you can build then you just throw out some more garbage. so your either a troll or just gotta have the last word which is fine sometimes ya gotta stand your ground but theres nothing wrong with admitting that your biased towards something and you like your way despite any inaccuracies with it, I'm clearly biased to the broken tackles and talent equivalents. 

I’m sorry that you need the different styles of running backs spoon fed to you...*you’re going to have a tough on this forum if you happen to stick around.

Tip#1: stop confusing real football with ff...I said I would always take a rb that gets 4.4ypc, we were talking nfl rb talent...not ff roster-building.

But for your purposes, I’ll humor...yes, 4.4 ypc may not amount to much, especially if the rb is only getting 5-10 carries, but news flash >>> neither does 5.0ypc at that rate.

Try to keep up.

Edited by psygolf