Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

The Giants are 1.5 games behind division-leading Dallas and we've not reached the half-way point yet.

New York's season is far from over.

Plus they are getting their playmakers back. Tate has been in a couple of games, with Saquon and Engram coming back this week.

tenor.gif?itemid=14127713

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Hessss backkkkkk! Just in time to play me! 

Same here.

You know, originally when the news came back that he was out 4 to 8 weeks, I thought to myself "Well I guess that's not the worst news, consideringI face the guy who has Barkley 4 weeks from now. Perfect. So I get to miss Barkley in the 2019 season. Don't even have to face him at all. What I nice pleasant little gift that is" 

And then ever since then, the handful of weeks since, the whole thing had been out of sight out of mind for me. Not once did I as much as even entertain the thought that 4 to 8 weeks still leaves open the possibility of returning on that minimum timeline. I had already written things off in my mind as "Never had to face Barkley in the 2019 season. Dodged him ".  Ya know, a past tense thought applied as an inevitable manner to a future event. Like I was just saying, it was "out of sight, out of mind"

Out of sight out of mind, that is, until this morning, when I clicked into the scoring preview for my upcoming matchup this week for the first time. And that's when I noticed that the normally meager scoring projection that my particular opponent had been sporting each week over the several weeks prior, suddenly, this particular opponent's scoring projection, well its quite robust. Which, of course caused me to do a double-take, where my initial thought was "132 points for my...wait, wha? Huh? 132 for this 2-4 squad who struggles to even hit 100 each week. The f**k? F**k's going on? 

And that's when I scrolled down to see that, not only was Saquon Barkley in his lineup, but he was there with a 17.8 point projection; and not only that, but a 17.8 point projection that was situated next to an opponent icon that displayed - Sunday, 1 pm est VS. Arizona Cardinals

And that's when I thought "Goddamnit. Motherf**ker. S**t. Didn't he just get hurt, what, like 10 days ago or some s**t? Has it been that long already?? And at home facing that turnstile of a defense, Arizona. Great. And now I see that, F**K me RUNNING...he practiced in full yesterday too!?. 40 spot, guaranteed."

And that brought me here, which brings things up to date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

The Giants are 1.5 games behind division-leading Dallas and we've not reached the half-way point yet.

New York's season is far from over.

i'll be honest with you i completely forgot that division existed

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

What can we expect from this big beautiful man tomorrow in his return?

He's the consensus #1 pick. Don't expect anything just set and forget and hope he puts out as usual

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dlionsfan901 said:

What can we expect from this big beautiful man tomorrow in his return?

An erection. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

This thread has taken a weird turn. Is there a full moon?

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Juke said:

spacer.png

Thanks for the obligatory Simpsons meme that doesn't match what you quoted

17 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Thanks for the obligatory Simpsons meme that doesn't match what you quoted

He thinks because he has a Sideshow Bob avatar that anything Simpson's related works. 

5 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Will not match the projection this week. Temper expectations.

Yeah, exactly my thinking (just traded for him, so might be a little more relaxed about it than the guys who drafted him). Just want him to get through this week without exacerbating the injury. 

6 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Will not match the projection this week. Temper expectations.

Great post. Very well thought and insightful. The hours and hours of research and analysis you put in have convinced me to sign up for your blog!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MonsterMan said:

Could get some rain today in NJ, how does that effect his play?

Looks like the rain wont start until after 3pm. Giants nor Jets haven't played at Metlife since last Sunday so field should be great.

That tweak that took him out for a minute gonna linger into next week? ROS?