Sign in to follow this  
Members_Only_76

Nelson Cruz 2019 Outlook

I read something on Twitter that Sanchez is murder on right hand batters so the Twins are loading up with left hand hitters tonight?

How can you sit a healthy Nelson Cruz?  This is really disappointing.  

32 minutes ago, AHF said:

How can you sit a healthy Nelson Cruz?  This is really disappointing.  

More like really ridiculous. Dude has hardly played as it is with bad weather and NL rules.  No reason he should be on bench if healthy and DH is available.

9 hours ago, illasakhil said:

Any word on injury??

All scans negative; might try swinging the bat tomorrow. Hopes to avoid DL

seems like we generally dodged a bullet (maybe caught a little shrapnel)

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, merlin401 said:

All scans negative; might try swinging the bat tomorrow. Hopes to avoid DL

seems like we generally dodged a bullet (maybe caught a little shrapnel)

According to Dan Hayes of The Athletic Cruz has battling soreness in the wrist for a while now, just been playing through the nagging injury. He ices the wrist after games. 

On 5/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, MrBrett said:

According to Dan Hayes of The Athletic Cruz has battling soreness in the wrist for a while now, just been playing through the nagging injury. He ices the wrist after games. 

Has the decline finally begun where does Cruz get it together and put together another consistent season

DLed. This is gonna be a tough call whether to hold or not if you don't have available DL space.

7 hours ago, Finisher said:

DLed. This is gonna be a tough call whether to hold or not if you don't have available DL space.

Wtf...  There isn't a league shallow enough for me to drop Nelson Cruz, over a brief IL stint. 

Hopefully we'll hear something soon. Twins have a deep and loaded lineup, so seems like they're really taking their time with him. I remember him saying he'd come off IL when first eligible, but that was last Friday

Activated. Get him back into your active lineups for tomorrow for all you weekly and daily leaguers that are on a platform that requires prior day activations. He should eat. 

• Thanks 2

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, Sonny_D said:

Activated. Get him back into your active lineups for tomorrow for all you weekly and daily leaguers that are on a platform that requires prior day activations. He should eat. 

back today as you stated. he is in a loaded lineup. what is everyone expectations ROS?

2 games back and on the bench today, prob for rest purposes on the wrist

How on earth is this guy still this good?!?!

At 39, he is one of the best hitters in the game and on an absolute tear right now!

I wish i grabbed more shares. sigh. 

4 minutes ago, MathieuVirtuoso said:

Reminds me of Big Papi... always got severely underrated @ an older age, and always under-drafted. Was a great bargain on draft day. 

I have always loved him but the past 4 seasons I have been reluctant to draft him due to his age.  Every year I miss out.

Posted (edited)

[...] It’s too bad that he sits when there is no designated hitter spot for him. Why can’t he play OF, he used to play it? Is he really that bad defensively now? Dude can rake, and has been, he should be playing every day in any league. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Have drafted him later than expected the last two years and this guy produces.  Will miss games due to interleague play and injuries but if he is healthy you have to start him.  I am in a weekly head to head league and I started him knowing he would'nt play in the first three games at Miami.  He rewarded me with 37 pts thru Saturday.  Play this man whenever you can!!!!!

Absolute beast.

Boom stick is simply remarkable. Very much wish I owned him. Congrats to you guys.

Over the last two weeks, Boomstick has hit 23/48 .479 AVG, with 17 runs, 12 bombs and 25 RBIs.

Jesus H Christ.

Nelson has been on Cruz control since the all-star break. Overall numbers would have likely been better if it was not for the IL stint.

It is possible that when he decides to retire it would be without a hint of diminish skills (i.e. just like David "Big Papi" Ortiz).

#BeastMode

Posted (edited)

Dude is hitting like a bat out of hell, which supports my theory of dudes exposed to the biggest piece of s*** “professional” sports organization known as the Seattle Mariners.  The guy gets back on a real team and isn’t taking the opportunity for granted being away from s***ville.  Happy for Nelson that he could end his career on a winner.  He deserves it.  Hard working dude who cares to compete and rises up when it matters.  He’s the anti Mariner.  He didn’t deserve to end his career with those losers.  Great pickup by the Twins.  Hopefully he can lead them to a surprise deep playoff run.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Dude is hitting like a bat out of hell, which supports my theory of dudes exposed to the biggest piece of s*** “professional” sports organization known as the Seattle Mariners.  The guy gets back on a real team and isn’t taking the opportunity for granted being away from s***ville.  Happy for Nelson that he could end his career on a winner.  He deserves it.  Hard working dude who cares to compete and rises up when it matters.  He’s the anti Mariner.  He didn’t deserve to end his career with those losers.  Great pickup by the Twins.  Hopefully he can lead them to a surprise deep playoff run.

With the risk of others doing the same, I’ll agree with you on the Mariners thing. I almost never draft any Ms players anymore. I lived near Seattle for 5 years and while the park is cool and the games are fun sometimes, those players are usually underperforming and not worth the investment. 

• Like 1