Sign in to follow this  
Members_Only_76

Nelson Cruz 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, countseth said:

With the risk of others doing the same, I’ll agree with you on the Mariners thing. I almost never draft any Ms players anymore. I lived near Seattle for 5 years and while the park is cool and the games are fun sometimes, those players are usually underperforming and not worth the investment. 

I dont think Cruz's 4 years in Seattle would be considered under-performing.

He hit 163 Home Runs, 414 RBI and an OPS around .900

Dude is just a good hitter.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cashflow said:

Anyone know why he left today’s game early?

 

Wrist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

 

Wrist. 

 

Did he get hit or did he tweek it swinging?

Edited by ASHLANDARROWS1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

 

Did he get hit or did he tweek it swinging?

 

Swinging. Same wrist that’s bothered him this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr. Strangeglove said:

Left due to left wrist injury suffered while swinging the bat.  😨

 

Ugghh..same wrist he has already had issues with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just heard it's a strain and he's dtd on the Indians broadcast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hanghow said:

Just heard it's a strain and he's dtd on the Indians broadcast. 

Not sure what they diagnosed him with the last time he hurt the wrist, but it is the same one.  It's rather telling he was not able to finish the AB, because Cruz does not strike me as a guy who would just come out for something that he felt was minor.  Perhaps, he was nervous with it given he was out a month last time.  Still, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have him pick up a bat to swing for a number of days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess he goes on the IL.  The Twins have been at 12 pitchers only.  I could see them putting Cruz on the IL to bring up another pitcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll be IL.  Twins have to sit him if they can keep their lead...save him for the playoffs.  If they start to slip though, he'll be back sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

My guess he goes on the IL.  The Twins have been at 12 pitchers only.  I could see them putting Cruz on the IL to bring up another pitcher.

 

32 minutes ago, emcllns said:

He'll be IL.  Twins have to sit him if they can keep their lead...save him for the playoffs.  If they start to slip though, he'll be back sooner.

 

Save Cruz for the playoffs??? They can't save anyone for the playoffs. I'll say there is < 5% chance they IL Cruz. The Indians are 1 GB of them (and getting Kluber back very soon) in the Central, and Oakland or Tampa could easily make up ground if Min falls to a wildcard race. Yes they could rush him back from IL if they slip, but every game matters at this point.

Edited by jvfantasy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he hits the DL, it'll probably be a minimum stay. The Twins are in desperation mode right now. The tribe are making this tight central race.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jvfantasy said:

 

 

Save Cruz for the playoffs??? They can't save anyone for the playoffs. I'll say there is < 5% chance they IL Cruz. The Indians are 1 GB of them (and getting Kluber back very soon) in the Central, and Oakland or Tampa could easily make up ground if Min falls to a wildcard race. Yes they could rush him back from IL if they slip, but every game matters at this point.

And if he can't swing a bat?  I don't think this is a matter of a guy just playing through some tightness in his hamstring, which as a DH is less of a concern, the point is that he has a wrist sprain.  That could mean a number of things in terms of how quickly it heals or doesn't heal.  It's speculation right now, but given he was out a month the last time I say the odds are significantly higher than you suggest. There is no point having him in the lineup if he can't actually make hard contact.  You are not getting any defensive value as a tradeoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

See you next season, Nelson.

You just trying to fear monger or what? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigPapi44 said:

And if he can't swing a bat?  I don't think this is a matter of a guy just playing through some tightness in his hamstring, which as a DH is less of a concern, the point is that he has a wrist sprain.  That could mean a number of things in terms of how quickly it heals or doesn't heal.  It's speculation right now, but given he was out a month the last time I say the odds are significantly higher than you suggest. There is no point having him in the lineup if he can't actually make hard contact.  You are not getting any defensive value as a tradeoff.

 

Per the twins broadcast, this is something Cruz has been playing through. The wrist flairs up every now and then but no structural damage.

Maybe he did something that messed it up yesterday, but everything so far suggests that it's not serious enough to put him out for a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

 

Maybe he did something that messed it up yesterday

 

Yeah, he didn’t hit a HR. That wrist isn’t used to that lately. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

 

I have no idea how to interpret this. It's obviously not great but maybe something he can play through? Hopefully?! 😐

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

 

 

 

 

I have no idea how to interpret this. It's obviously not great but maybe something he can play through? Hopefully?! 😐

 

While Cruz has a tear, a great many fantasy owners have tears. He was tearing the cover off the ball since the All-Star break. 

Hopefully, it is nothing too serious since he seems « encouraged » 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.