Joe Odam

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

Guice getting his first run in almost exactly a year. He looks STRONG. 

Guice's ADP (not an all day Peterson reference) about to ⬆️

Edited by Joe Odam

He takes way too much unnecessary punishment

16 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

He takes way too much unnecessary punishment

he's hyper right now. He hasn't tasted game action in a year. 

Posted (edited)

Wrong topic.  Guice = Pretty good though. 

Edited by Iron-cock

Kid looked spry af last night. Got him the 9th last week and the 8th a couple days ago. Giddy up. Skins O is still trash but no reason to think he won’t be the dude there.

If he can manage to stay healthy, he'll be real fun to watch. Violent runner, the way he squares up and runs down hill.

Staying healthy could mean relinquishing touches to the rest of the backfield. Not sure if I wanna bet on the draft price, we'll see.

9 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Derrius Guice- Every Touch from preseason Week 3

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001043628/Every-Derrius-Guice-touch-in-his-debut-Preseason-Week-3

(Guice eventually punched it in at the goal line, but it was nullified by a penalty)

Watched.  Honestly not impressed.  Only one carry showed something promising. Everything else looked like JAG.  What I see on that tape doesn't take the job away from Peterson.  I haven't seen anything that makes me move him up my board.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Try watching it again once you sober up a bit.

What did I miss?  Other than nice speed on the run left, and a good stiff arm, I see a guy getting what's blocked.  I'm not seeing wow moves, I'm not seeing missed tackles, I'm not seeing anything beyond ordinary.  Help me out. What are you seeing?

12 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Watched.  Honestly not impressed.  Only one carry showed something promising. Everything else looked like JAG.  What I see on that tape doesn't take the job away from Peterson.  I haven't seen anything that makes me move him up my board.  

Chardo I think we have to take your fantasy card, he had 3 carries of 5 plus yards, 1 was a 12 yard run, he had people miss on more than half his touches and he never lost yards, plus he caught both passes.  JAG are you trolling?  The guy is coming off a serious injury and you think Peterson is still in his 20's.  After thinking more about this ya I revoke you fantasy card.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Chardo said:

This “analysis” is completely divorced from reality.

• Like 3

Just watched the video again, and I stand by my comments.  He had a very nice run left, and a good stiff arm.  Every other carry was ordinary, got what was blocked.  He caught two routine passes, was tackled promptly by the first defender.  What am I missing?  What looked special?  I want to love him, but I'm not seeing it.

• Like 1

It's his frenzy and power. He rumbles. Not sure what else to point out. He runs like he's trying to tackle the defenders.

I don't think we're getting ahead of ourselves. But you can imagine him breaking tackles all year long.

10 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Just watched the video again, and I stand by my comments.  He had a very nice run left, and a good stiff arm.  Every other carry was ordinary, got what was blocked.  He caught two routine passes, was tackled promptly by the first defender.  What am I missing?  What looked special?  I want to love him, but I'm not seeing it.

Several nice runs where he got more than was blocked. His very first reception he broke the tackle of the first unblocked defender but a DL was trailing the play and finished him off.

So was Peterson being rested last night because he is the starter? Honestly have not followed this backfield situation at all, but I have been intrigued by Guice since his college days. 

2 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

So was Peterson being rested last night because he is the starter? Honestly have not followed this backfield situation at all, but I have been intrigued by Guice since his college days. 

I think it’s a sign they’re going to give Guice all he can handle.   You don’t work him like that with real contact if there’s nagging injuries in PS.  

Guice will be the starter week 1.    AP will have a solid workload for a few weeks at least.

All ABOARDDDD!   

4 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Yup. But Guice could end up taking over the backfield at some point in the season. Similar to AD's rookie year. Difference being Guice has a hungry hall of famer ahead of him. It will be difficult for Guice to unseat AD this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Simply put, you’re missing everything you should be looking for considering the circumstances. Nobody was expecting highlight reel plays from Guice last night. If you’re a believer in Guice you saw plenty to be excited about.

Peterson was rested because at this point in his career, he doesn't need the work and they don't need to see him.  He will be the nominal starter, but it will be very much a committee barring injuries. 

Just now, Chardo said:

Peterson was rested because at this point in his career, he doesn't need the work and they don't need to see him.  He will be the nominal starter, but it will be very much a committee barring injuries. 

Guice runs like Lynch and may be faster. And that was his first time back and he didn’t look like he lost a step or quickness. 

If you think they are going to give Peterson more carries than him (provided he stays healthy), then I want to play in your league.