Sign in to follow this  
Joe Odam

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Joe Odam said:

Lol talk about lazy, narrative based opining. If you follow this guy closely instead of parroting the useless, regurgitated poop the media releases then you’d see Guice was LOVED in Baton Rouge,  and not just by the fans. He is LOVED in DC for the same reasons. His community involvement is incredible. Or maybe watch the video someone caught on their cell phone of him giving a complete stranger a $100 bill to go get themselves a coat at a gas station. Or his work at the children’s hospital. Or his numerous charity affiliations. I can’t stand when people blindly follow fake news because they don’t have the time to see for themselves. Turns out there was very little to no fire behind his character “smoke” when the dust settled after the draft. Read up on his quotes and you’ll see he uses those inflammatory reports that caused him to fall in the draft as fuel to be elite in the NFL. He might be a mistake prone kid but he’s not a thug or addict. I’ve got no agenda nor do I have any personal investment in Guice but I have spent quite a bit of time studying him for dynasty purposes to make sure he isn’t a dirtbag that could follow the Gordon route. He is not. 

:lol: "FAKE NEWS" "FAKE NEWS" . Sound like a Trumpster.  Tekashi69 gave random people $100 bills, and raised money for cancer as well.  I guess he's a good, mature person as well.  How better way for Guice to shake the knocks on his maturity and character concerns than to turn around and do something good.  I'm not 100% buying it yet, and maybe you're just gullible.  His '2019 NFL MVP speaks about his ego to me, more than his drive.  We'll see how how mature he is when he's still playing second fiddle to a 34 year old AP who's clearly taking away from his 'MVP' season :(

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, kdko said:

Just because AP had a great year, doesn't mean that Guice would have.  AP might be 33 years old, but he actually knows what it takes to be successful in the NFL and has competed at the highest level for many years.  Who knows if Guice would have made all the right cuts, plays, etc.  Dude doesn't seem to have his head on straight given the off the field drama before the draft and announcing he's gonna be the 2019 MVP before even taking the field.

Such a ridiculous statement. Off the field drama? You mean the stuff that caused him to drop in the draft...the same stuff that was disproven? You don’t like him saying he’s going to be the MVP? I guess you’d prefer a wallflower or a snowflake? 

How about you do a little research on Derrius. Go look at how he grew up and the environment that he has spent his adult years breaking out of. Go see that he grew up around crime, drugs, violence...an environment that typically cycles young men in and out of prison. Guice runs angry and with passion because of his desire to break away from the life he once knew.

He is loved in the LSU community, and not just by fans. This is a guy who has not been disruptive or a problem...EVER... at LSU. And he believes in himself and is full of confidence <gasp!>. 

Guice’s head is on very straight. How good he’ll be in Washington remains to be seen, but I’m not going to bet against him. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kdko said:

:lol: "FAKE NEWS" "FAKE NEWS" . Sound like a Trumpster.  Tekashi69 gave random people $100 bills, and raised money for cancer as well.  I guess he's a good, mature person as well.  How better way for Guice to shake the knocks on his maturity and character concerns than to turn around and do something good.  I'm not 100% buying it yet, and maybe you're just gullible.  His '2019 NFL MVP speaks about his ego to me, more than his drive.  We'll see how how mature he is when he's still playing second fiddle to a 34 year old AP who's clearly taking away from his 'MVP' season :(

If that’s what his MVP statement says to you, then you don’t know much about him. And if AP is in Washington in 2019 (doubtful), then my bet is that Guice will soak up every bit of wisdom Adrian can give him about being a RB in the NFL. 

I’m not saying Guice will be an all-time great next year or in his career, but I am saying not to let this peripheral stuff sullie your opinion on him because it’s nonsense. This guy is a hero in Baton Rouge, and not just because of his exploits on the Tiger Stadium field. 

12 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Such a ridiculous statement. Off the field drama? You mean the stuff that caused him to drop in the draft...the same stuff that was disproven? You don’t like him saying he’s going to be the MVP? I guess you’d prefer a wallflower or a snowflake? 

How about you do a little research on Derrius. Go look at how he grew up and the environment that he has spent his adult years breaking out of. Go see that he grew up around crime, drugs, violence...an environment that typically cycles young men in and out of prison. Guice runs angry and with passion because of his desire to break away from the life he once knew.

He is loved in the LSU community, and not just by fans. This is a guy who has not been disruptive or a problem...EVER... at LSU. And he believes in himself and is full of confidence <gasp!>. 

Guice’s head is on very straight. How good he’ll be in Washington remains to be seen, but I’m not going to bet against him. 

Yeah, that stuff.  He literally could have said anything else other than declaring himself MVP and that would have been better.  'Working hard to be the next MVP' would have worked.  He literally came out and made the most arrogant statement.  Declaring yourself the MVP when you haven't even taken a snap in a real game just screams ego to me.. he needs to get over himself and actually do something on the field other than hurt himself first. 

A lot of NFL players come from a bad environment growing up.  Sh*t, I came from a poor and bad neighborhood.  That's nothing new and is irrelevant to choices that he decides to make.  Tons of players and people have overcome those adversities, and it's not an excuse for anything.  From your amount of knowledge of LSU and their fanbase, maybe you're an LSU fan?  Most good college players are beloved by their fanbase regardless of personal issues unless they're taking down the entire football program with them, so i don't understand your narrative on that either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

If that’s what his MVP statement says to you, then you don’t know much about him. And if AP is in Washington in 2019 (doubtful), then my bet is that Guice will soak up every bit of wisdom Adrian can give him about being a RB in the NFL. 

I’m not saying Guice will be an all-time great next year or in his career, but I am saying not to let this peripheral stuff sullie your opinion on him because it’s nonsense. This guy is a hero in Baton Rouge, and not just because of his exploits on the Tiger Stadium field. 

Fair enough, I guess we'll see and I may be completely wrong about everything.  Just my opinion on the dude,

10 minutes ago, kdko said:

Fair enough, I guess we'll see and I may be completely wrong about everything.  Just my opinion on the dude,

The thing is that your opinion is based in the false info that came out prior to the draft, causing him to fall. In all honesty, if none of that stuff had come out and he had been the top 20 pick he was shaping up to be, would his MVP tweet really be as big a deal to you? 

And if you thought my talk about his background is making excuses for him, then you misunderstood or I miscommunicated...or both. It’s not an excuse. It’s just the reality, and it fuels him to be a better player and, most importantly, a better person. Meaning I believe he head is on very straight, he is very motivated, and he is going to be a player the Redskin community will be proud to call their own. 

I am an LSU fan, but that doesn’t remove my objectivity. I couldn’t stand Laron Landry and was embarrassed that he was an LSU guy. I’m not a fan of who Eric Reid has become. Fournette has turned into a dipwad and better get his stuff together if he really wants to be a quality NFL RB. I don’t just believe LSU guys are the best players and best people ever (hyperbole intended). But when I look at Guice, knowing his story and who he strives to be, I see a confident young man who is going to be the best player and person he can be. And he will endear himself to Washington. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

The thing is that your opinion is based in the false info that came out prior to the draft, causing him to fall. In all honesty, if none of that stuff had come out and he had been the top 20 pick he was shaping up to be, would his MVP tweet really be as big a deal to you? 

And if you thought my talk about his background is making excuses for him, then you misunderstood or I miscommunicated...or both. It’s not an excuse. It’s just the reality, and it fuels him to be a better player and, most importantly, a better person. Meaning I believe he head is on very straight, he is very motivated, and he is going to be a player the Redskin community will be proud to call their own. 

I am an LSU fan, but that doesn’t remove my objectivity. I couldn’t stand Laron Landry and was embarrassed that he was an LSU guy. I’m not a fan of who Eric Reid has become. Fournette has turned into a dipwad and better get his stuff together if he really wants to be a quality NFL RB. I don’t just believe LSU guys are the best players and best people ever (hyperbole intended). But when I look at Guice, knowing his story and who he strives to be, I see a confident young man who is going to be the best player and person he can be. And he will endear himself to Washington. 

Well said.

Thank you for shutting up UCF

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kdko said:

Just because AP had a great year, doesn't mean that Guice would have.  AP might be 33 years old, but he actually knows what it takes to be successful in the NFL and has competed at the highest level for many years.  Who knows if Guice would have made all the right cuts, plays, etc.  Dude doesn't seem to have his head on straight given the off the field drama before the draft and announcing he's gonna be the 2019 MVP before even taking the field.

Really hope people in my leagues feel the same way. People who get Guice as their RB2 next season are gonna laugh all the way to the bank.

2 hours ago, kdko said:

You think AP is gonna hold a Guice back next year? Tells me all I need to know.

4 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Really hope people in my leagues feel the same way. People who get Guice as their RB2 next season are gonna laugh all the way to the bank.

He’s going to be my RB3...maybe even my RB4. Keeper league 😁. 

5 hours ago, petekrum said:

You think AP is gonna hold a Guice back next year? Tells me all I need to know.

AP finished as RB #19 in PPR.   Spend draft capital elsewhere early, or man up and draft Guice as your RB2 next year if you think he's going to finish with those numbers or better :D  I'll bet against that.

36 minutes ago, kdko said:

AP finished as RB #19 in PPR.   Spend draft capital elsewhere early, or man up and draft Guice as your RB2 next year if you think he's going to finish with those numbers or better :D  I'll bet against that.

We'll see if AP is even in Washington next year. He wasn't explosive this year in the game I saw, and the only reason he was a Redskin is because Guice tore his ACL. He was signed to a one-year deal in August, and that tells me Washington fully expected to let him go elsewhere after a year. Peterson averaged 4.15 ypc, and he totaled 1,243 yards and 8 TD on 271 touches. Frankly, I don't understand the doubt that Guice can reach and/or exceed those numbers. If he averages 15 carries a game, I have a hard time seeing him come short of AP's rush yardage total (1,042). 

Granted, there are some things that need to be sorted out first...such as QB and OL. And he'll probably have Thompson to share touches with, but CT has missed 12 games in the last two years. Still, I expect Guice to top AP's 1250 yards, 20 receptions, and 8 TDs in 2019. Those aren't super high numbers, so it's not like it's an unreasonable expectation. 

5 hours ago, kdko said:

I guarantee he finishes with better numbers than AP had this year. Bookmark it.

2 hours ago, petekrum said:

I guarantee he finishes with better numbers than AP had this year. Bookmark it.

if he plays the same number of games AP did....zero question about it. Guice>>>>>>>>>>>34 year old AP

36 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. That's what makes fantasy sports great. There can be more than 1 path to a championship. I hope you way works really good for you.

With coaching turnover, FA additions, teams change, who was good last year might not be good this year. An argument can be made for and against Henry being taken late 1st or early to mid 2nd and an argument can be made for him to go in the 4th and 5th.

It's pretty simple really. Everyone sees Henrys talent. If you think the beginning of 2018 is what Henry will be like next season then DND.

If you think the way Henry ended 2018 is what he will be like next season take Henry late 1st or early to mid second.

If you think Henry will be up and down all season like a roller coaster then drop him to the 6th round and consider for a flex spot.

If you think Henry gains some consistency across the whole season and adds a few pass receptions to help boost his floor then take him in the 3rd round.

It really boils down to what you think about Henry as a player, his coaches, how you think the team will utilize him on offense. We all saw his first half of the season where he was terrible. We also saw his weeks 13-17 where he was the best fantasy RB on the planet. Million dollar question is how will the coaches feel about Henry entering Henrys contract year? More committed to him? Willing to throw him a handful of passes? Maybe more than 2 games this season with more than 20 carries? Will the OLine be healthy to start the season? 

A man wiser than me once told me when 2 people disagree on something the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. If I say late 1st to early to mid 2nd round and you say 4th round maybe all the way to 5th round I think his true ADP will settle around the 3rd round range, which would be pretty fair.

Seems like you have an unhealthy obsession running since he came into the league. Do you even participate in any other threads on here ?

You realize you need more than derrick Henry to.fill out your team, not to mention there are many more consistent offensive teams with RBs.

Clearly you have this guys cleats, stop worshipping someone who hasn't even proven himself , your story book responses isn't a position of strength .

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well said.

Thank you for shutting up UCF

4 minutes ago, FootBallAz said:

Seems like you have an unhealthy obsession running since he came into the league. Do you even participate in any other threads on here ?

You realize you need more than derrick Henry to.fill out your team, not to mention there are many more consistent offensive teams with RBs.

Clearly you have this guys cleats, stop worshipping someone who hasn't even proven himself , your story book responses isn't a position of strength .

*looks at thread title and shrugs shoulders*

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FootBallAz said:

What's going on here?

Why would you post this in the Derrius Guice Thread?

DH discussions have no place here. If you need to berate me bring it over to the DH Season Outlook thread

You can find it here:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Absolutely LOVE this dude's attitude. You can tell he's foaming at the mouth for next season. Can't imagine the hype 8 months from now when NFL network shows Redskins training camp footage :o

1 hour ago, FootBallAz said:

Did I just warp to an alternate thread or something?? I scrolled up just to make sure I clicked on the correct thread title. Lol. 

• Like 1

As of Jan 11th Guice has an ADP of 28.6 (rb11) overall in standard and 38.9 (rb16) overall in PPR on fantasy football calculator. 

28 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

As of Jan 11th Guice has an ADP of 28.6 (rb11) overall in standard and 38.9 (rb16) overall in PPR on fantasy football calculator. 

Any ADP of Guice is pure guesswork. Pure hype, even.

Putting him over Henry, Carson, Chubb or Lindsay, with zero evidence? I don't see it, but that's just me, maybe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Any ADP of Guice is pure guesswork. Pure hype, even.

Putting him over Henry, Carson, Chubb or Lindsay, with zero evidence? I don't see it, but that's just me, maybe.

I might put him over Henry because he just seems like a tease, but if DH puts together a full season like he did over the last few games this year...beast. I would't put Guice over Chubb for sure. Carson...depends on what they do with Penny. I'm not convinced Carson will be the guy next season. As for Lindsay, I'm not real sure what to make of him. I like him a lot, but will they try to force Freeman the ball more next season? I dunno. As of now, I wouldn't put Guice over him. 

So many variables with Guice right now...starting with where AP ends up. 

• Like 1

Guice is at least right in the mix with those guys. He has as high of a ceiling and potential upside as any of them at the least(he and Chubb could be high RB1s one day - dont think that is close to true of Henry, Carson, Lindsay), and he has similar floors to those three(all of whom could fall back to being non-relevant fantasy backs this year or next - except Chubb, it just seems impossible that could happen to him). I’d say Chubb is the safer high end guy going forward, but I see no issue with picking Guice alongside or above those next guys. I’d personally rank them Chubb, Guice, Lindsay, Henry, Carson in dynasty. And Chubb, Lindsay, Henry, Guice, Carson in redraft this year. I am low on Carson because of the Penny situation

• Like 1

8 hours ago, elroypedro said:

Guice is at least right in the mix with those guys. He has as high of a ceiling and potential upside as any of them at the least(he and Chubb could be high RB1s one day - dont think that is close to true of Henry, Carson, Lindsay), and he has similar floors to those three(all of whom could fall back to being non-relevant fantasy backs this year or next - except Chubb, it just seems impossible that could happen to him). I’d say Chubb is the safer high end guy going forward, but I see no issue with picking Guice alongside or above those next guys. I’d personally rank them Chubb, Guice, Lindsay, Henry, Carson in dynasty. And Chubb, Lindsay, Henry, Guice, Carson in redraft this year. I am low on Carson because of the Penny situation

strong post