Sign in to follow this  
Joe Odam

Derrius Guice 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Not sure how his value will be if they don't have a quarterback yet. They also, have a tougher 2019 schedule against run defenses, but as we all know defenses can change year to year.

They won't go into OTA's without a competent qb. Knowing Snyder it will be the highest priced....not necessarily the best

2 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

They won't go into OTA's without a competent qb. Knowing Snyder it will be the highest priced....not necessarily the best

Alex Smith is holding 21 million hostage, so unless he retires, they're in a tight bind. They'll need to try and get Fitzmagic or Teddy at a cheaper rate.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:29 PM, devaster said:

I'm curious if anyone has the numbers, but how often do RB's that don't catch the ball much end up catching the ball in the NFL? We always hear excuses like it wasn't part of the scheme in college and he has good hands but didn't get a chance to show them, but then a lot of these RB's never ending up catching many balls in the NFL.

Melvin Gordon and Zeke were almost nonexistent in the passing game in college.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:47 PM, GreatScott! said:

So long as he has no set backs in the off-season I think he will be worth a 3rd or 4th round pick in redraft. 

maybe you will get him in the 3rd, but i think he'll be gone by the 4th. everybody is looking for that sleeper/up and coming rb. since he has nothing in the nfl, but has huge upside will push him up in the drafts. though he is not really a sleeper, he has the "unknown" factor and an early round draft pick going for him and that will be his early round=top 3 rnds...appeal 

9 hours ago, petekrum said:

Melvin Gordon and Zeke were almost nonexistent in the passing game in college.

Gurley and Ingram didn't get much either. Plenty of examples. 

12 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

Over/Under

1200 total yards

8 total TDs

Total yds? I'd go over...over on the TDs, too. 

Because of uncertainty starting the year I’d go under. But with the caveat that the second half of the season I think he can/will be on a pace for well over that once he hits his stride and gets a full workload. Maybe like 50 yds/.25 TDs per game in first half of season, and 90 yds/.75 TDs per game in the second half

Edited by elroypedro

I'd like to see him make a cut before I start throwing down assumptions on his over/under.

He still favors the leg and did not slow down well on that video of him showing his straight line speed.

I'd like to say he could be the stud we want him to be, but if I am guessing today, I'll take the under for these reasons:

• 4 surgeries is no small thing.
  • They may be re-signing AP & Chris Thompson is still on the roster... those guys eat.
  • Who knows what they have in store at QB next season.

Edited by Winky
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 6:07 PM, Winky said:

I'd like to see him make a cut before I start throwing down assumptions on his over/under.

He still favors the leg and did not slow down well on that video of him showing his straight line speed.

I'd like to say he could be the stud we want him to be, but if I am guessing today, I'll take the under for these reasons:

• 4 surgeries is no small thing.
  • They may be re-signing AP & Chris Thompson is still on the roster... those guys eat.
  • Who knows what they have in store at QB next season.

Gruden expressed optimism his lead back would be ready for 2019 following preseason ACL surgery (and three additional mid-rehab knee surgeries) last year. 

I couldnt touch him until rd5  and i doubt he will be there as a starting rb but given the amount of surgeries and he if  isnt in TC on day 1. . . .PASS!!!

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if they brought AP back.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Mr2Saint said:

Over/Under

1200 total yards

8 total TDs

Over yards, under TDs

On 2/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Mr2Saint said:

Over/Under

1200 total yards

8 total TDs

Under and Under for yards and touchdowns. This team has no weapons and as of now not even a quarterback. The hype is high on Guice. I will change my decision come training camp and after free agency. I do believe AP is back and they ease Guice in more next year.

Guice to be a 3 down workhorse?...

Derrius Guice, PPR machine? In speaking with Jay Gruden about Guice, Gruden expressed optimism about Guice being ready for 2019 and mentioned one of the things he really liked about him was, "He doesn't have to come off the field on third down." Gruden expanded on that, saying that though LSU never really used him in the pass game, the Redskins discovered last year in practice and OTAs that's he's a really good pass-catcher, and they will use him in that role this season.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/26133969/fantasy-football-15-things-learned-2019-nfl-combine

13 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Under and Under for yards and touchdowns. This team has no weapons and as of now not even a quarterback. The hype is high on Guice. I will change my decision come training camp and after free agency. I do believe AP is back and they ease Guice in more next year.

Hard to imagine he starts the season at 100% health taking a full load of work.

Have we seen any rb come back from a season ending injury and  surgery ready to start week 1 as the primary?🤔

9 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

The Skins signing Antonio Brown (potentially) would seem to help open things up for Guice quite a bit.

I'm more concerned with who they bring in at QB, honestly. AB would be nice, but won't matter if their QB can't open up the offense for everyone. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

I'm more concerned with who they bring in at QB, honestly. AB would be nice, but won't matter if their QB can't open up the offense for everyone. 

A QB upgrade plus AB would be fantastic for Guice, no doubt. But if it’s one or the other, I think AB lining up at WR forces the defense to adjust regardless of who’s under center. Conversely, bringing in a guy like Josh Rosen without any serious threats at WR won’t help Guice much imo. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford

AB's not coming but there's plenty of role players in FA and depth in the draft for the Skins to add one more piece.  OL still in tact and strong.  Defense isn't awful when healthy.  They need a QB and a difference maker at WR and they're competitive.  It's within reach.

Biggest concern for Guice is returning from ACL.  You just never know if they favor a leg and are a risk to re-injure.

Next biggest concern is if AP returns.  He shouldn't take a ton of work, but "shoulds" count for s--- in this game.

On 3/6/2019 at 8:42 AM, sasnumberonefan said:

Case keenum, not bad imo

1 minute ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Case keenum, not bad imo

Yep, I'm okay with it. I figure they still try to trade for Rosen and groom him, but Keenum is the perfect bridge, and Guice retains his value for now. 

10 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Yep, I'm okay with it. I figure they still try to trade for Rosen and groom him, but Keenum is the perfect bridge, and Guice retains his value for now. 

I think they bring back ap too, coaches and ap seem like they have formed a great symbiotic relationship

• Like 1

I really like Guice but in standard leagues he is already going at 3.01, same as AJ Green, as the 13th RB off the board (17th in PPR, FFC ADP). I don’t see how his ADP will decrease as the off-season progresses and he becomes further and further away from the injury. Could he be worth it yeah but He’s already almost being drafted as a RB1 so I’m order for him to beat his draft slot he is going to have to have a huge year.

Adrian Peterson re-upping for a 2 year deal with Washington throws doubt to the health of Guice and whether he will be able to contribute much in 2019.

• Like 1