• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Browns are back to being the Browns. I don't have a problem with a team signing Hunt but I do have a problem with the Browns doing it for a few reasons.

1. You just had a mess with Gordon. While it isn't the same thing, bringing in another mess just a few months later that is going to draw bad attention isn't wise.

2. You have Chubb who is a young stud. So why bring in a mess when you already have a back? If a team like Tampa, NY, Indy, and etc picked him up it would make sense. Now, you are going to have two very good backs fighting for a role both do well. Seems like a dumb move from a PR standpoint. 

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Browns are back to being the Browns. I don't have a problem with a team signing Hunt but I do have a problem with the Browns doing it for a few reasons.

1. You just had a mess with Gordon. While it isn't the same thing, bringing in another mess just a few months later that is going to draw bad attention isn't wise.

2. You have Chubb who is a young stud. So why bring in a mess when you already have a back? If a team like Tampa, NY, Indy, and etc picked him up it would make sense. Now, you are going to have two very good backs fighting for a role both do well. Seems like a dumb move from a PR standpoint. 

I'm not happy as a Chubb keeper owner, but I'm coming around on this signing making sense longterm for Cleveland. One caveat...if the longterm plan is to trade either Hunt or Chubb and improve their team. If that's the plan, the deal makes perfect sense because there is so little risk in the signing. 

I don't think they're worried about a PR nightmare. They're the Browns...they ARE a PR nightmare. This doesn't do anything to most but show they have a plan and are making moves to be a better team down the road. Since Hunt is from Cleveland anyway, the city will likely welcome him with open arms. And in all honesty, who cares if it's a PR disaster with the rest of the NFL/nation if the Cleveland fanbase is fine with it? That's who the Browns need to keep happy. That said, I don't really think it's a bad PR move...Americans have extraordinarily short memories today. This will be forgotten by this time next year and the Browns will be lauded when they trade either Chubb or Hunt for picks. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

While it make suck for fantasy, lot's of teams have done just fine with multiple backs, Kamara/Ingram, Coleman/Freeman, Michel/White. Adding talented players to your roster is never a bad thing especially at a depressed cost.

And as far as bad attention is concerned, sadly nobody cares about this stuff. If anything, Kareem Hunt in the fold probably sells more tickets in Cleveland.  Whenever one of these domestic violence guys gets signed people always talk about a PR backlash, etc but it never actually happens. Twitter and talk show blowhards get all fake-outraged for a news cycle or two but nobody actually stops watching.

Edited by fletch44
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

While it make suck for fantasy, lot's of teams have done just fine with multiple backs, Kamara/Ingram, Coleman/Freeman, Michel/White. Adding talented players to your roster is never a bad thing especially at a depressed cost.

Two of those pairings have complementary styles, though. I don't see that with Hunt and Chubb. They feel too similar to me. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Two of those pairings have complementary styles, though. I don't see that with Hunt and Chubb. They feel too similar to me. 

Michel and White was probably a bad example. I think the other two pairings are similar enough. Each would be a feature back for a lot of other teams (probably not Freeman anymore due to durability issues). Point is, adding talent at a low cost is never a bad thing regardless of depth at the position. You can always cut him if things don't work out.

14 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Michel and White was probably a bad example. I think the other two pairings are similar enough. Each would be a feature back for a lot of other teams (probably not Freeman anymore due to durability issues). Point is, adding talent at a low cost is never a bad thing regardless of depth at the position. You can always cut him if things don't work out.

I don't know that Kamara could be a stand-alone feature back. He has a slight build that I'm not certain can hold up, and he and Ingram bring different assets to the game. They complement each other. I don't see that with Chubb and Hunt. Hunt doesn't have the speed or quickness to play that Kamara/White role. Jmho :)

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I don't know that Kamara could be a stand-alone feature back. He has a slight build that I'm not certain can hold up, and he and Ingram bring different assets to the game. They complement each other. I don't see that with Chubb and Hunt. Hunt doesn't have the speed or quickness to play that Kamara/White role. Jmho :)

Kamara will do fine as a lead back. He is slippery and does a nice job of avoiding serious contact. The only reason Kamara+Ingram exists or any RBBC with very talented RB's is because one or both of them are on cheap rookie contracts or a cheap 1 year deal. Freeman+Coleman, but now that Coleman's rookie deal is up they won't pay both. Ingram isn't worth paying to keep around with Kamara ascending and will have to be paid in 1 or 2 seasons. Ingram won't want to settle for a short-term 1-2 year deal because he knows the Saints won't want to keep him beyond that when they have to pay Kamara.

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

Kamara will do fine as a lead back. He is slippery and does a nice job of avoiding serious contact. The only reason Kamara+Ingram exists or any RBBC with very talented RB's is because one or both of them are on cheap rookie contracts or a cheap 1 year deal. Freeman+Coleman, but now that Coleman's rookie deal is up they won't pay both. Ingram isn't worth paying to keep around with Kamara ascending and will have to be paid in 1 or 2 seasons. Ingram won't want to settle for a short-term 1-2 year deal because he knows the Saints won't want to keep him beyond that when they have to pay Kamara.

As a Saints fan, I would love to see Kamara be able to handle 20-22 touches a game for 16 games every season, but I just don't see it. I agree, he's quick and slippery, but being a feature back in the NFL is still a brutal calling. I'm not convinced he can handle that. 

But...this is the Chubb thread. LOL. Who would play the Kamara role in the Chubb/Hunt duo? I don't see either of them being the Kamara or White type of player. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

As a Saints fan, I would love to see Kamara be able to handle 20-22 touches a game for 16 games every season, but I just don't see it. I agree, he's quick and slippery, but being a feature back in the NFL is still a brutal calling. I'm not convinced he can handle that. 

But...this is the Chubb thread. LOL. Who would play the Kamara role in the Chubb/Hunt duo? I don't see either of them being the Kamara or White type of player. 

CJ2K held up. CMC has held up. Plenty of guys his size hold up if they limit contact.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, devaster said:

CJ2K held up. CMC has held up. Plenty of guys his size hold up if they limit contact.

Yeah but CMC and Kamara just aren’t built the same. Different body types. 

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Had similar thoughts. Browns are finally trending up and they bring in this scumbag.

2 hours ago, fletch44 said:

And as far as bad attention is concerned, sadly nobody cares about this stuff. If anything, Kareem Hunt in the fold probably sells more tickets in Cleveland.  Whenever one of these domestic violence guys gets signed people always talk about a PR backlash, etc but it never actually happens. Twitter and talk show blowhards get all fake-outraged for a news cycle or two but nobody actually stops watching.

Before this year, ratings were down like 5 years straight. Seems they have more of a handle on it, and viewership was up this past year.  Not sure how much has to do with DV, but people for sure stop watching stuff for political/personal reasons.

Likely no one on a fantasy football forum obviously.

Edited by dmb3684

3 hours ago, fletch44 said:

Hunts case wasn't DV, I think it would technically be battery. DV gets thrown around too much

• Like 1

CHUBB FANTASY VALUE DESTROYED.

Duke value Destroyed

Hunt value destroyed

When an OC has 3 talented option in the backfield to attack the defense and keep them off balance the OC will use those options.

Good luck figuring out the touch distribution week to week :D

Best hope is Dorsey flips Hunt by the trade deadline to a rb desperate team for a draft pick

4 hours ago, fletch44 said:

You knew someone was going to sign him. They probably got him for peanuts. If he doesn't work out, they cut him. If he does, you're adding a great back at a minimal cost. The PR aspect is the only downside. Which, let's be honest, people will be fake outraged for a month or two but no one is going to stop watching and it won't dent their bottom line.

Every team was figuring out how they could take a Prob Bowl 2yr rb on a cheap contract with the warts.

I think Dorsey  does the fake rehabilitation process and flips him out on a trade to a desperate team. You can't keep chubb+hunt+duke; it just can't work long term

Seems the unpopular opinion but I believe this is good for the browns.  $1M bucks max gets you a stud, RFA rights, a potential trade.  Nothing to lose but lots to gain as a football move for Dorsey IMO.

But I know this is a fantasy football forum.  Worse for Hunt than Chubb IMO.  Could've gone to an RB-needy team.  This is just a longer wait until relevancy for him as far as I'm concerned.  I'd guess Chubb remains the starter all year albeit with lesser volume in the second half.  Never good for your fantasy outlook when another stud suits up next to you.

14 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Seems the unpopular opinion but I believe this is good for the browns.  $1M bucks max gets you a stud, RFA rights, a potential trade.  Nothing to lose but lots to gain as a football move for Dorsey IMO.

But I know this is a fantasy football forum.  Worse for Hunt than Chubb IMO.  Could've gone to an RB-needy team.  This is just a longer wait until relevancy for him as far as I'm concerned.  I'd guess Chubb remains the starter all year albeit with lesser volume in the second half.  Never good for your fantasy outlook when another stud suits up next to you.

Eventually it will kill Cleveland when it comes to courting future FA’s if they keep bringing guys in only to flip them for picks in a few months.

38 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Eventually it will kill Cleveland when it comes to courting future FA’s if they keep bringing guys in only to flip them for picks in a few months.

Have they done it with anyone else? If they do this with Hunt, isn't it just a one-time occurrence due to a unique circumstance? 

6 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Alright keeper leaguers...what are you doing with Chubb now? I was planning to keep him as a 6th rounder, but now I'm not so sure. Even if Hunt gets a 6-game suspension, Chubb is going to be sketchy to own for the final 10 games with Hunt in the backfield. In fact, I could easily see Hunt just taking over and Chubb being relegated to little more than 5-8 touches a game...especially if the Browns have any plans at all to trade Hunt when he becomes a RFA in 2020. 

When do you have to declare keepers?  Everyone reading the tea leaves make it sound like it's unlikely that the Browns keep both Chubb and Hunt for 2020.  Depending on your team and keeper rules, it might be worth holding onto someone of Chubb's talent with an eye towards 2020 and seeing what happens then.  If we assume Hunt is out for the first 6 games and takes over after that, then the worst case scenario is you have a great player to help boost your standings for the first half of the fantasy regular season.  If it turns into a 50/50 situation then there are probably worse players out there you could use as a Flex if you have a Flex spot.  It's all risky of course.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

CHUBB FANTASY VALUE DESTROYED.

Hopefully my dynasty leaguemates share this same sentiment.  

14 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Have they done it with anyone else? If they do this with Hunt, isn't it just a one-time occurrence due to a unique circumstance? 

Hyde

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Hyde

Yeah...derp. Lol. I was a Hyde owner this year, so I was likely trying to block that memory. :D

9 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Hopefully my dynasty leaguemates share this same sentiment.  

Duke's usage destroyed Chubb's value down the stretch when it mattered the most. You actually think he's going to have value now that he's sharing carries with someone better than himself? 

Denial

1 hour ago, FritzLn said:

Duke's usage destroyed Chubb's value down the stretch when it mattered the most. You actually think he's going to have value now that he's sharing carries with someone better than himself? 

Denial

100 yds week 15 & 16...tough crowd.

27 minutes ago, psygolf said:

100 yds week 15 & 16...tough crowd.

Well lets not forget those games against the ravens, texans and panthers. Had what 110 yards rushing combined, but the 2 tds did salvage those weeks luckily.