munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

He also thinks that AB is best suited for a rebuilding team and not for one in a "win now" mode lol. Best to move on

You missed my point, it had nothing to do with his talent, it has to do with him not being offered the guaranteed $ he is looking for from a contender.

Bhawk...I’m pretty good at predicting these contract situations...and happy to be surprised if things do not play out as I see them.

Not offended if one disagrees with me...which should be a refreshing trait.

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Wow!

Sometimes I cant determine if people are trolling or they truly lack the ability to process and comprehend information. You know those are not rankings based on overall production in terms of "best" player rather they are rankings according to  each metric category? 

Which is why EACH COLUMN is sortable and ranked?

Sometimes it's best to quit before you start :lol:

Marlon Mack, 4th overall RB off the board

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Marlon Mack, 4th overall RB off the board

Stud, imo

Gents...tip: do NOT use football outsiders to differentiate your 2019 rb draft targets.

Edited by psygolf

On 2/20/2019 at 7:38 PM, dashoe said:

That was the point dude you stated his YPC like it measures that he is stud and highly effective runner;  YPC alone is a metric that doesnt tell you much so use metrics that tell you how effective he is as a runner and allow for better comparisons to his peers. You also dont need to have an equal number of carries to make comparisons you need a minimum number to be statistically significant which in this case is 100 carries.

You zero'd in on his YPC for whatever odd reason.  That was one thing i mentioned alongside TDs, and yards, while only starting in 9 games.  When did I say his YPC alone made him a stud?  Reading comprehension, bro.

On 2/22/2019 at 11:25 PM, psygolf said:

Stud, imo

Don't bring Mack into this, he's my boy.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:45 PM, BMcP said:

Good one!  LOL!  Unless I missed it, Miller never added “a full yard per carry and 3 TDs” to his stats off three carries.

Obviously I was kidding.  My point was that long runs don't always equate with explosiveness.    I like Chubb, but I think using RPC to evaluate hims doesn't make a lot of sense.   I think for Chubb, those are anomalies. Even SnowBeast would have made those runs.  

Edited by K197040

10 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Obviously I was kidding.  My point was that long runs don't always equate with explosiveness.    I like Chubb, but I think using RPC to evaluate hims doesn't make a lot of sense.   I think for Chubb, those are anomalies. Even SnowBeast would have made those runs.  

I don't think anyone was using RPC to evaluate him here. Unless someone was trying to use it to discredit him.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I don't think anyone was using RPC to evaluate him here. Unless someone was trying to use it to discredit him.

Here's the quote that started the YPC discussion.

Decent?  He had 1150 yards from scrimmage, averaged 5.2 ypc and had 10 TD's in only 9 games started... Far from simply decent.

Edited by K197040

Just now, K197040 said:

"Decent?  He had 1150 yards from scrimmage, averaged 5.2 ypc and had 10 TD's in only 9 games started... Far from simply decent."

And?

1 minute ago, Tread_Lightly said:

Ppr redraft this guy gonna be picked way too soon imo 

Before the Hunt pick-up I don't think so. But he could be with Hunt on the roster. Then again Hunt showing well in the pre-season will probably kill the value of Chubb. Way too early to know.

22 minutes ago, devaster said:

And?

What do you mean, "and"?   You said you didn't think anyone on here was using YPC to evaluate him.   I posted a quote that cited YPG in evaluating him.

10 minutes ago, K197040 said:

What do you mean, "and"?   You said you didn't think anyone on here was using YPC to evaluate him.   I posted a quote that cited YPG in evaluating him.

YPC wasn't specifically being used to evaluate him though. Only one poster was zeroing in on that metric to argue against Chubb.

32 minutes ago, K197040 said:

After a certain amount of carries...ypc is a fine qualifier for a (stud) player running with a football in his/her hand.   

The ones who discounted his ypc because of his 3 longest runs failed in their attempt because they did not take the 3 longest runs away from the other rbs they were comparing him to.

15 minutes ago, devaster said:

Before the Hunt pick-up I don't think so. But he could be with Hunt on the roster. Then again Hunt showing well in the pre-season will probably kill the value of Chubb. Way too early to know.

Byner-Mack 2.0 ?

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

After a certain amount of carries...ypc is a fine qualifier for a (stud) player running with a football in his/her hand.   

The ones who discounted his ypc because of his 3 longest runs failed in their attempt because they did not take the 3 longest runs away from the other rbs they were comparing him to.

I agree with the first part.

And to be honest, I haven't done the research and math on the second part and I don't know what specific RBs were being compared to Chubb.  But my guess is that taking away any of the top RB's 3 best carries would not drop their YPC by a full yard.   Assuming they had close to a full season's worth of carries.

9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I agree with the first part.

And to be honest, I haven't done the research and math on the second part and I don't know what specific RBs were being compared to Chubb.  But my guess is that taking away any of the top RB's 3 best carries would not drop their YPC by a full yard.   Assuming they had close to a full season's worth of carries.

Well math is funny that way...

Ex- Take away Lindsay's longest run, who had similar carries as Chubb, and his ypc drops .32, just off of that one carry.

12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Ex- Take away Lindsay's longest run, who had similar carries as Chubb, and his ypc drops .32, just off of that one carry.

Maybe I missed the original conversation.  Was someone comparing Lindsay to Chubb?   I'd rather have Chubb. 

Take away CJ2K's 3 runs over 90 yards during his 2000 yards rushing season...

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Maybe I missed the original conversation.  Was someone comparing Lindsay to Chubb?   I'd rather have Chubb. 

Related image

smh.

52 minutes ago, psygolf said:

yeah that was the point of how unreliable quoting ypc is without context, lindsay, kerryon and a couple of other rb's had a higher ypc than chubb. with  keryrryon being #1 in ypc I believe.

which is why it's better to use other metrics such as dyar,dvoa,succession in comparing rb's. YPC is a pisss poor metric for efficiency because it is easily skewed

it's not hard to go read the original posts and responses insead of simply responding to what you THINK the debate is about

Sometimes I think you guys just want to debate  about something that wasnt the point at all. . .:lol: