munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

I'll simplify it for you. I am on an anti-YPC tirade and psygolf is on an anti-football outsiders tirade; only he never realized I wasnt  debating how great of a site FO is.

I just think using ypc to define a stud rb is a terrible mertric. when you realize that aaron jones,lindsay,kerryon,breida,gus and Ekeler either finished higher than or equal to Chubb in the top 5 ypc. :lol:

Anything over 5.0 ypc when you approach 200 carries has & always will be considered a STUD performance.

It’s called football history.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Good lord can we chill with the ypc debate in the Chubb thread?? Slogging through this "debate" has probably made everyone's chubb go flaccid. 

Best contribution yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually more like, can we chill with talking about what a “stud” is?   Is this a cattle breeding forum I stumbled into or are we talking fantasy football?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m just defending 5.2 on 193 carries...a number every team would love to take if you offered it to them before any started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BMcP said:

Actually more like, can we chill with talking about what a “stud” is?   Is this a cattle breeding forum I stumbled into or are we talking fantasy football?

I'm not entirely sure what I've stumbled onto with this thread...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I'm not entirely sure what I've stumbled onto with this thread...

Offseason  nonsensical noise that sounds like the parents voices in a Charlie Brown cartoon. . .😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WE HAVE NEW EMOJIS!!!!😀😁😴 😝😱. . . . .😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

WE HAVE NEW EMOJIS!!!!😀😁😴 😝😱. . . . .😍

Maybe it's also time to stop advertising your championship team from two yrs ago-?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Maybe it's also time to stop advertising your championship team from two yrs ago-?

 

What are you going on about dude?

Are you ok? 🤤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

What are you going on about dude?

Are you ok? 🤤

The roster is at the bottom of all DaShoe posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The roster is at the bottom of all DaShoe posts

 

AAhhh my old signature. I forgot all about that, I thought I deleted it.  😆

I turned off signatures a year ago because some guys posts are  huge because they have long signatures;so I don't see anyones signature including my own.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

AAhhh my old signature. I forgot all about that, I thought I deleted it.  😆

I turned off signatures a year ago because some guys posts are  huge because they have long signatures;so I don't see anyones signature including my own.

Up until a few months ago I had a really old team in my sig. it's just easier in AC forum to say, check the sig instead of copying and pasting all the time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 11:38 PM, psygolf said:

Anything over 5.0 ypc when you approach 200 carries has & always will be considered a STUD performance.

It’s called football history.

 

Agreed with Psy here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 7:04 PM, dashoe said:

 

 

Given the draft pick used and the contract 99.99999999999% sure that scenario won't happen  because chubb doesnt suck.

 

I envision you will see the freeman+coleman  type of setup if Hunt  returns  during the season. with chubb being the primary by default .

 

What will be interesting is what does Dorsey do in 2020 if he wants to keep both? 

Agree - no shot they trade Chubb. But the committee risk is real, so I'll side with the draft value... Hunt going after 100 in Best Balls right now, and the upside is astronomical if Chubb is worked too hard to start year / breaks down. A fresh Hunt after the rest of the league has grinded for 6 weeks, inside this o, behind that line... could be deadly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freddy Kitchens today saying "nick chubb is our RB."  Hunt just an insurance policy and trade bait

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kdko said:

Freddy Kitchens today saying "nick chubb is our RB."  Hunt just an insurance policy and trade bait

“Kareem Hunt is our RB now” is also true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RotoStreetJournal said:

Agree - no shot they trade Chubb. But the committee risk is real, so I'll side with the draft value... Hunt going after 100 in Best Balls right now, and the upside is astronomical if Chubb is worked too hard to start year / breaks down. A fresh Hunt after the rest of the league has grinded for 6 weeks, inside this o, behind that line... could be deadly.

You do know the line sucked blocking for Chubb?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kdko said:

Freddy Kitchens today saying "nick chubb is our RB."  Hunt just an insurance policy and trade bait

Uhmmm that's nothing more than stating the obvious. . Kareem Hunt is suspended and may not even see the field during the regular season depending on Goodells mood; so not sure what else would have been logical to say unless he wanted to be clever for laughs and state Duke was his starting rb too. . .😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

HC Freddie Kitchens on Kareem Hunt 2nd chance: "The 2nd chance is not now. He's got a lot of work to do between now and when that 2nd chance comes. We'll see how that goes."

 

I think this is more insightful because it signals that the Browns are being realistic about  how the suspension may keep Hunt off the field for most of the season. They are not even talking about how excited they are about him or how much his talent can help the team.  All comments are about him  working on being a better person and the organization helping him to become one.

There isnt much you can do with a player in league office limbo; you can't gameplan for him.

Chubb and Duke  could literally get all the reps in camps and preseason because as hunt awaits permission from goodell to even practice. I 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kdko said:

Freddy Kitchens today saying "nick chubb is our RB."  Hunt just an insurance policy and trade bait

 

Translation from Coachspeak to English: "Kareem Hunt is our RB after his suspension." Lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Translation from Coachspeak to English: "Kareem Hunt is our RB after his suspension." Lol. 

 

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kdko said:

 

Nope.

 

It was a joke, hence the "lol" at the end. 

 

That said, I don't really care what coaches say...there's a reason the phrase "coach speak" came into being. I care what they do, and we'll see soon enough what Kitchens will do. But as of now, him saying "Chubb is our guy" means less than a hill of beans to me. Just have to let things play out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

 

It was a joke, hence the "lol" at the end. 

 

That said, I don't really care what coaches say...there's a reason the phrase "coach speak" came into being. I care what they do, and we'll see soon enough what Kitchens will do. But as of now, him saying "Chubb is our guy" means less than a hill of beans to me. Just have to let things play out. 

Coach speak means nothing to me too. Hunt will hurt Chubbs value if they are both active. It's already showing in the drafts I'm in. Chubb is slipping to the 3rd round (I think but I'll double check)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Coach speak means nothing to me too. Hunt will hurt Chubbs value if they are both active. It's already showing in the drafts I'm in. Chubb is slipping to the 3rd round (I think but I'll double check)

So what’s Hunt going for? Could be a worthwhile “draft both” play if prices are right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jumper said:

So what’s Hunt going for? Could be a worthwhile “draft both” play if prices are right. 

7th round ish. Varies a bit though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...