munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

If Hunt gets 6 to 10 games, I would still by Chubb around a late 3rd or early4th. You get a top 15 back for those weeks. Try to win as many games as possible with him early and hope for the best. Never hurts to handcuff chubb with hunt, but I couldn't imagine blowing a 7th on him.

2 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

If Hunt gets 6 to 10 games, I would still by Chubb around a late 3rd or early4th. You get a top 15 back for those weeks. Try to win as many games as possible with him early and hope for the best. Never hurts to handcuff chubb with hunt, but I couldn't imagine blowing a 7th on him.

Can't imagine people will be taking him there after the suspension hits.

If they trade Duke+ Hunt  is suspended for half the season, there is no one Dorsey will add in FA who will take an touches away from Chubb so he may be worth a late 2nd rd early 3rd pick gamble  and between weeks 1-8 you scoop the next waiver wire rb stud to your team to mitigate any Hunt risk come playoff time.

There is always an early season rb on the waiver weeks  who will make the difference and another from nowhere come playoffs who carries your team to the title

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

If they trade Duke+ Hunt  is suspended

There is always an early season rb on the waiver weeks  who will make the difference and another from nowhere come playoffs who carries your team to the title

A fine strategy *if it came with guaranteed squatter rights to those waiver studs.

• Like 1

Browns RG Zietler traded to the Giants.  Zietler was a top 10 OG last season but they do have last years 2nd round pick Austin Corbett waiting to assume that spot.  Theoretically it dings the CLE running game a bit but how much (if at all) remains to be seen. It should still be one of the top OLs in the NFL and maybe this frees some salary cap dough to stabilize another position?  Swapping Zietler for Corbett and adding Golden Tate with the freed up cap space would be a shark move.  

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jumper said:

Browns RG Zietler traded to the Giants.  Zietler was a top 10 OG last season but they do have last years 2nd round pick Austin Corbett waiting to assume that spot.  Theoretically it dings the CLE running game a bit but how much (if at all) remains to be seen. It should still be one of the top OLs in the NFL and maybe this frees some salary cap dough to stabilize another position?  Swapping Zietler for Corbett and adding Golden Tate with the freed up cap space would be a shark move.  

Tate and landry can both fill the same role so why add him? They need a true field stretcher and a big body jump ball type of wr for the redzone

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, jumper said:

Zietler was the top-graded pass blocking G. I don't think the running game dips though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Tate and landry can both fill the same role so why add him? They need a true field stretcher and a big body jump ball type of wr for the redzone

Totally agree, regarding the slot WR situation, but don't the Browns already have a "big body jump ball type," in TE DNjoku?

A true field stretcher makes since as well (to go/compete with Callaway).

*as an owner of Njoku, I hope the Browns don't add another big body jump ball type, but that's just me being selfish.

Edited by FollowTheLeader

4 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Totally agree, regarding the slot WR situation, but don't the Browns already have a "big body jump ball type," in TE DNjoku?

*as an owner of Njoku, I hope the Browns don't add another big body jump ball type, but that's just me being selfish.

I think they'll probably look to draft a young WR to fill this role.   

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

They lost Josh Gordon and Perriman is more than likely not the answer although he did form a a rapport with Baker down the stretch.  Callaway is rather small and has drop issues.  Njoku is a TE but you still need more size for wr formations especially as Baker takes the leap and they implement empty backfields and use 4-5 wr sets.

Don't forget  Monken was hired as the OC  and he is an Air Raid guy which runs a lot of 4wr sets. . . Same dude that  had Fitzmagic  looking like an MVP candidate first 4 games of season. . .🤣

Edited by dashoe

Posted (edited)

I’d “ like” to see Njoku remain the top red zone target, but I’m letting fantasy get in the way (I don’t care about the actual Browns lol.) Fantay wise, I’d rather see the Browns add a PCampbellKHarmon type, more so than: HButler, NKHarry, AJBrown or DKMetcalf. I get it, real football, any one of those 4 guys gets added to this offense and :BOOM: *if it’s a later draft pick WR, I’m not as concerned fantasy wise.

I’ll show my self out now...

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dashoe said:

They lost Josh Gordon and Perriman is more than likely not the answer although he did form a a rapport with Baker down the stretch.  Callaway is rather small and has drop issues.  Njoku is a TE but you still need more size for wr formations especially as Baker takes the leap and they implement empty backfields and use 4-5 wr sets.

Don't forget  Monken was hired as the OC  and he is an Air Raid guy which runs a lot of 4wr sets. . . Same dude that  had Fitzmagic  looking like an MVP candidate first 4 games of season. . .🤣

Would you expect Hunt (when back) to be used as a wr in those 4-5 wr sets?

Edited by psygolf
  • Like 1

I would expect all three of their RBs to split out wide fairly frequently.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jumper said:

Only a top O-line in pass-blocking - they desperately need to improve in the run game, so maybe they think Corbett can move them in the right direction.

11 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Would you expect Hunt (when back) to be used as a wr in those 4-5 wr sets?

Who knows. Kitchens is calling the plays. Did Chubb ever line up as wr last season or did Duke have that role exclusively? 

Hunt makes Duke and his contract expendable.

24 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Who knows. Kitchens is calling the plays. Did Chubb ever line up as wr last season or did Duke have that role exclusively?

Maybe he lined up outside once??  Couldn’t tell you.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I would expect all three of their RBs to split out wide fairly frequently.

Seems like an effective scheme

Yep - I think, as @dashoe has oft mentioned, we are going to see a full-blown shift offensively from a Haley scheme with certain Kitchensian concepts grafted on to a new Kitchens/Monken scheme incorporating plenty of Air Raid concepts.  So projecting usage based on what happened last year may be something of a fool’s errand.  

I think between Kitchens’s inclination to use his RBs in creative and unorthodox ways, coupled with Monken’s focus on getting as many playmakers onto the field simultaneously as often as possible, it’s fair to expect the RBs to line up in a whole host of formations, including out wide more often than average.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Yep - I think, as @dashoe has oft mentioned, we are going to see a full-blown shift offensively from a Haley scheme with certain Kitchensian concepts grafted on to a new Kitchens/Monken scheme incorporating plenty of Air Raid concepts.  So projecting usage based on what happened last year may be something of a fool’s errand.  

I think between Kitchens’s inclination to use his RBs in creative and unorthodox ways, coupled with Monken’s focus on getting as many playmakers onto the field simultaneously as often as possible, it’s fair to expect the RBs to line up in a whole host of formations, including out wide more often than average.

Do we really know what "Kitchensian-Monken concepts" are?  Kitchens has never gone into a training camp with complete control of the modus operandi of an Offense, and Monken never had rb talent.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Do we really know what "Kitchensian-Monken concepts" are?  Kitchens has never gone into a training camp with complete control of the modus operandi of an Offense, and Monken never had rb talent.

Nope.  That’s just my interpretation of what it would be like based on past implementation of scheme and spoken comments.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, psygolf said:

The answer is no. This why I state to predict Chubbs weekly use and numbers  based on last season is a wasted effort.  I am going to make the assumption that he will be an RB1 based solely on opportunity  as the primary in  what is shaping up to be the building of a dynamic offense but I don't have a clue as to how he gets there nad that rb1 status has an asterisk because it may be volatile with stud numbers one week and wtf happened the following

To assume Duke will be irrelevant on this offense if he stays and that Hunt won't be relevant if his suspension is silly.

I am quite confident in Baker a top 10 QB once I see which wr's  they give him in the offseason. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

The answer is no. This why I state to predict Chubbs weekly use and numbers  based on last season is a wasted effort.  I am going to make the assumption that he will be an RB1 based solely on opportunity  as the primary in  what is shaping up to be the building of a dynamic offense but I don't have a clue as to how he gets there nad that rb1 status has an asterisk because it may be volatile with stud numbers one week and wtf happened the following

To assume Duke will be irrelevant on this offense if he stays and that Hunt won't be relevant if his suspension is silly.

I am quite confident in Baker a top 10 QB once I see which wr's  they give him in the offseason. 

Your response looks to be incomplete 

24 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Your response looks to be incomplete 

Would you mind at least providing a complete response of your own?

11 hours ago, BMcP said:

Nope.  That’s just my interpretation of what it would be like based on past implementation of scheme and spoken comments.

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

I am also completely fascinated by what this Kitchens / Monken marriage will bring. We know Kitchens can squeeze the best of Baker, we know Monken's Air Raid creates aerial bomb shows with the Bucs leading the league in passing yardage (320.3 per game) despite erratic Winston and bleh Fitzpatrick under center. This guy is going to be a Top-6, minimum, QB in 2019 and my pick for this year's version of Mahomes.

This is a Chubb thread, however... and who the hell knows what the RBs will do. On the plus and obvious side, a more explosive pass game will keep boxes lighter --  last season, Chubb ran the ball into 8-man boxes a league-leading 30 percent of the time. On the contrary, the Bucs ran into 8-man boxes less than 20 percent of the time. Of course, the teams are built completely differently, but the verticality Monken brings will undoubtedly help. I have no doubt all RBs here are in better hands now.

BUT Fantasy-wise, "Usage" then becomes the major point of contention. Will it be a committee with all backs there? Will one take over, considering Kitchens' Arians-roots? Chubb could become a screaming bargain if so, but I still am leaning the 100+ ADP value of Hunt and stashing, and using my second rounder on something with more sure volume. If he starts falling to mid-to-late Round 3, however...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BMcP said:

Would you mind at least providing a complete response of your own?

He forgot his emoji...