munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

WOW!!! I seriously hope you are trolling us.. . 🤭

You literally used Berry as your supporting evidence. Berry is not known to break any news.

-Berry's tweets are not followed  for information in the same way as Scehter/Rappoport.

-Berry is not a reporter

-Berry is not an NFL insider

I acknowledged the Berry-hate misdirection tactic in my post. Whether forum members choose to put any stock in the opinion of an ESPN fantasy analyst who recently spoke directly with NFL coaches at the combine is up to them.  

Edited by Lamont Sanford

2 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

I acknowledged the Berry-hate misdirection tactic in my post. Whether forum members choose to put any stock in the opinion of an ESPN fantasy analyst who recently spoke directly with NFL coaches at the combine is up to them.  

Isn't he more entertainment then expert at this point?

4 hours ago, FISH20 said:

Who said he was an “expert”? I called him a fantasy analyst. Feel free to call him an entertainer instead if you’d like.

That said, how entertaining would Matthew Berry’s “15 Takeaways from the NFL Combine” be if they were 100% baseless fabrications? If you believe his thoughts on Nick Chubb are baseless, so be it. While I don’t take Berry’s (or anyone else’s for that matter) word as gospel, I believe it’s more likely he was told something by someone at the combine that left him with that impression.

7 hours ago, FISH20 said:

He is a fantasy entertainer former tv writer, he's not even an analyst per se aside from reciting a players stats and giving his opinion on them. I wouldnt put any stock into his comments because he doesnt break news from sources or has relationships inside front offices,agents or players.  He has never been affiliated with the NFL, teams, players or football aside from fantasy.

His comments are as valid as any other comments being thrown around at the combine which means they aren't worth much.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

He is a fantasy entertainer former tv writer, he's not even an analyst per se aside from reciting a players stats and giving his opinion on them. I wouldnt put any stock into his comments because he doesnt break news from sources or has relationships inside front offices,agents or players.  He has never been affiliated with the NFL, teams, players or football aside from fantasy.

His comments are as valid as any other comments being thrown around at the combine which means they aren't worth much.

And yours comments are? What exactly are your credentials?

No offense Dashoe, I appreciate your contributions to the forum, but why should your opinion carry more weight than Matthew Berry’s? I certainly don’t take Berry’s opinion as gospel by any means, but I also don’t completely dismiss it simply because he doesn’t refer to himself as an “NFL Insider”. Fact is, he’s more connected than any of us, he was at the combine, he did speak with NFL coaches, players, etc. At least we have some reason to believe there’s merit to his opinion vs the random, biased opinions of you, me, and other forum members.

You seem so confident in your takes and so quick to dismiss others. So, why should I or anyone else on this forum trust your advice over Matthew Berry’s? That’s a honest question. Maybe the answer will surprise me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

And yours comments are? What exactly are your credentials?

No offense Dashoe, I appreciate your contributions to the forum, but why should your opinion carry more weight than Matthew Berry’s? I certainly don’t take Berry’s opinion as gospel by any means, but I also don’t completely dismiss it simply because he doesn’t refer to himself as an “NFL Insider”. Fact is, he’s more connected than any of us, he was at the combine, he did speak with NFL coaches, players, etc. At least we have some reason to believe there’s merit to his opinion vs the random, biased opinions of you, me, and other forum members.

You seem so confident in your takes and so quick to dismiss others. So, why should I or anyone else on this forum trust your advice over Matthew Berry’s? That’s a honest question. Maybe the answer will surprise me.

Maybe you missed the part where i stated👉 .. . . His comments are as valid as any other comments being thrown around at the combine which means they aren't worth much. 👈

Basically Berry is providing HEARSAY, which means he is giving an OPINION and not a verifiable fact. The NFL combine is full of coaches/GM's front office types giving misinformation and standard organizational speech. they are not revealing what they are truly thinking and planning. Gettleman stated at the combine OBJ was not available for a trade. . and then OBJ was traded. 😱

That's my OPINION. 👁️

Why do people get so touchy about OPINIONS? 🤷‍♂️

Seriously why are you getting so defensive about opinions? 🤷‍♂️

I state why I don't value Berry's OPINION. I didnt say he is stupid or I don't like him. I stated he is an entertainer former writer with no NFL insider background and his OPINION is as good as any other which means it isnt worth much. 👀

Matthew Berry has never been a verifiable source of NFL breaking news on player and team moves. 

Never🧐

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Maybe you missed the part where i stated👉 .. . . His comments are as valid as any other comments being thrown around at the combine which means they aren't worth much. 👈

Basically Berry is providing HEARSAY, which means he is giving an OPINION and not a verifiable fact. The NFL combine is full of coaches/GM's front office types giving misinformation and standard organizational speech. they are not revealing what they are truly thinking and planning. Gettleman stated at the combine OBJ was not available for a trade. . and then OBJ was traded. 😱

That's my OPINION. 👁️

Why do people get so touchy about OPINIONS? 🤷‍♂️

Seriously why are you getting so defensive about opinions? 🤷‍♂️

I state why I don't value Berry's OPINION. I didnt say he is stupid or I don't like him. I stated he is an entertainer former writer with no NFL insider background and his OPINION is as good as any other which means it isnt worth much. 👀

Matthew Berry has never been a verifiable source of NFL breaking news on player and team moves. 

Never🧐

You’re right, it’s Berry’s OPINION, and because he is more connected and informed than any of us his OPINION should be regarded as such. It may not be worth much, but it should be worth more than the OPINIONS of those less connected and less informed.

I just think it’s funny that I post Berry’s OPINION article for those interested and you immediately bash his OPINION, as if yours is more valuable to the forum than his.

Like I said, people can take Berry’s article for what it’s worth. I’m not interested in debating the merit of Berry’s opinion any longer.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

3 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

You’re right, it’s Berry’s OPINION, and because he is more connected and informed than any of us his OPINION should be regarded as such. It may not be worth much, but it should be worth more than the OPINIONS of those less connected and less informed.

I just think it’s funny that I post Berry’s OPINION article for those interested and you immediately bash his OPINION, as if yours is more valuable to the forum than his.

Your reading comprehension is lacking  but that is evident given your bias.

I didnt bash berry's opinion I stated it's as VALID(key word) as any other which means they are not worth much 👉  "His comments are as valid as any other comments being thrown around at the combine which means they aren't worth much."  

So if you process that statement for a second  it means i don't value his opinion  any more or less than another made during the combine. . .🤔

nor did i state my opinion should be more valuable,  that's simply you casting an aspersion

Wow you are really planting your flag on this Berry Hill. . .😆

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Your reading comprehension is lacking  but that is evident given your bias.

I didnt bash berry's opinion I stated it's as VALID(key word) as any other which means they are not worth much 👉  "His comments are as valid as any other comments being thrown around at the combine which means they aren't worth much."  

So if you process that statement for a second  it means i don't value his opinion  any more or less than another made during the combine. . .🤔

nor did i state my opinion should be more valuable,  that's simply you casting an aspersion

Wow you are really planting your flag on this Berry Hill. . .😆

Boooooooorrrrrriiiiiinnnnng. Let’s move on.

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Boooooooorrrrrriiiiiinnnnng. Let’s move on.

👍

• Like 1

Matthew berry can shove his opinion up his a**, what a worthless "analyst" or whatever he claims he is

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 5:48 AM, Lamont Sanford said:

Who said he was an “expert”? I called him a fantasy analyst. Feel free to call him an entertainer instead if you’d like.

That said, how entertaining would Matthew Berry’s “15 Takeaways from the NFL Combine” be if they were 100% baseless fabrications? If you believe his thoughts on Nick Chubb are baseless, so be it. While I don’t take Berry’s (or anyone else’s for that matter) word as gospel, I believe it’s more likely he was told something by someone at the combine that left him with that impression.

I appreciate you sharing this.  And you did adequately put a disclaimer on the source so people could discount the likely accuracy of Berry's statement accordingly.  That being said, even if I were to take Berry's blurb at 100% face value it must be acknowledged likewise that CLE coaches could fully intend to carry out this plan to "have Chubb be the guy with no RBBC" and yet it doesn't come to fruition for various reasons.  As we used to say in the army,  "no plan survives contact with the enemy."  I personally believe that CLE sees itself in a possible SB window with Mayfield being on his cheap rookie contract and are loading up as much as possible. 

Also doesn't hurt they just saw what happened with the Rams and CJA needing to relieve Gurley on the back end thus having two RB1-level guys on the roster they thought was both prudent and affordable.  IMHO the "switch out RBs as needed like tires at a NASCAR race" philosophy is going to become much more widespread in the NFL. Teams that try to have a single workhorse RB who plays heavy snaps all regular season plus the entire post-season will be at a disadvantage against teams who have a stable of fresher RBs that are mixed and matched and thus less snaps and (hopefully) less injuries they're playing through. Even though the 'Zeke or Barkley player might be superior to one half of a RB 1A/1B  combo, when you put the right pair together the 1A/1B might add to more than the sum of its parts.  It worked great with Kamara/Ingram, now the league is going to see if they can get the same synergy from other combos and Chubb/Hunt looks like a a great pairing for this strategy. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jumper said:

I appreciate you sharing this.  And you did adequately put a disclaimer on the source so people could discount the likely accuracy of Berry's statement accordingly.  That being said, even if I were to take Berry's blurb at 100% face value it must be acknowledged likewise that CLE coaches could fully intend to carry out this plan to "have Chubb be the guy with no RBBC" and yet it doesn't come to fruition for various reasons.  As we used to say in the army,  "no plan survives contact with the enemy."  I personally believe that CLE sees itself in a possible SB window with Mayfield being on his cheap rookie contract and are loading up as much as possible. 

Also doesn't hurt they just saw what happened with the Rams and CJA needing to relieve Gurley on the back end thus having two RB1-level guys on the roster they thought was both prudent and affordable.  IMHO the "switch out RBs as needed like tires at a NASCAR race" philosophy is going to become much more widespread in the NFL. Teams that try to have a single workhorse RB who plays heavy snaps all regular season plus the entire post-season will be at a disadvantage against teams who have a stable of fresher RBs that are mixed and matched and thus less snaps and (hopefully) less injuries they're playing through. Even though the 'Zeke or Barkley player might be superior to one half of a RB 1A/1B  combo, when you put the right pair together the 1A/1B might add to more than the sum of its parts.  It worked great with Kamara/Ingram, now the league is going to see if they can get the same synergy from other combos and Chubb/Hunt looks like a a great pairing for this strategy. 

Like I said in the Hunt thread, I love the idea of acquiring Chubb and Hunt in keeper leagues. Less so in redraft, but still appealing. 

I’ve said all along that Hunt will have a role, as it would be foolish to keep him on the sidelines completely. I just don’t necessarily think Hunts role will affect Chubb enough for owners to worry about. If Chubb’s numbers decline a tiny bit upon Hunts return so be it. He’ll still be the clear lead back on a great offense.

While Hunt is suspended, Chubb should be an RB1, Hunt useless.

By week 10, Chubb should be an RB1,  Hunt a low end RB2/3/flex. 

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

<snip>

By week 10, Chubb should be an RB1,  Hunt a low end RB2/3/flex. 

If fantasy has taught me anything, it's that I should be wary of believing the persistence of usage trends beyond a single season and "most logical scenarios" being what actually occurs.  This could easily turn into a Patriots scenario where usage every game is gameplan dependent and Chubb's week-to-week variability breaks the meter because Duke Johnson scores 36 points to Chubb's 2.6.  Or a Packers situation where Chubb plays the Aaron Jones role and his owners are frustrated by the continued high amount of touches given to the relatively less effective Jamaal Williams.  I think on average that Chubb will produce RB1 numbers after week 10, but there's a decent risk he has one or more low usage/production weeks with a line like 14/45/0 and no receptions which kills your playoff hopes. 

I would expect Chubb to be a very safe low-end, maybe higher, RB1 next season. Hunt's 8 game suspension nearly eliminates him from the conversation in my opinion. I view Hunt as a high upside handcuff and depth for the Browns in 2019. However, if Chubb falls on his face in 2019 the Browns can easily go to Hunt and not look back. Really depends on how well Chubb does during his first 8 games though. I wouldn't expect the team to start getting Hunt involved 50/50 or more unless Chubb fails to impress. And based on last season's production from Chubb and the new additions on offense I wouldn't expect him to falter.

• Like 3

I believe, Chubb is worth the risk, especially if you can get him potentially as your flex rb. Use a 3rd round if applicable in your draft and it won't be the worst. 8 Weeks of no Hunt, screams production. If you can win 5 to 6 games in that time span you're going to be fine. Worst case use him as trade bait to a weaker team.

People forgot how damn good Hunt was haven't they? Chubb is a DND for me. This is going to be a split backfield when Hunt returns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

People forgot how damn good Hunt was haven't they? Chubb is a DND for me. This is going to be a split backfield when Hunt returns.

No. KC offense didn't miss a beat when Hunt left. He's nothing spectacular.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

This is just wrong. But anyone expecting Hunt to usurp Chubb if Chubb isn't struggling is also unrealistic. Chubb was fantastic last season and has 8 games to really have a stranglehold on the job. The Hunt addition may have Chubb falling in drafts making him a great value.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

They definitely missed a few beats, don't fool yourself. Hunt was involved in a lot of designed downfield passing plays; linebackers had a very tough time covering him coming out of the backfield

• Like 1

Seeing all of the doubters is really taking me from half, to FULL CHUBB. After week 8, I'm thinking a realistic split is 80/20 Chubb/Hunt, which really doesn't diminish Chubb's value. I heard from Matthew Berry that they are bringing Kareem Hunt along so he can be there emergency kicker.

1 hour ago, devaster said:

This is just wrong. 

Ok, so give me some stats. Offense looked really similar to me.

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Go look at Mahomes stats before and after Hunt went down. This is just a bad take.

44 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Ok, so give me some stats. Offense looked really similar to me.

Of course the offense looks similar because the offense didnt change. What changes is how you use players within the offense based on their talent and capabilities. 😜