munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

I’m torn between chubb and cook at the turn... really can’t decide. 

I'm thinking about him in that top 15 range as well, along with Cook/Conner. I feel like Chubb belongs in that tier with Conner, Cook, Mixon, Bell and having a hard time sorting through those guys. But I would at least put Chubb a clear tier above the group with Freeman, Johnson, Mack, etc.

25 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

To which Smith responded: Opta ardua pennis astra sequi.

Totally forgot I had that - mainly on my phone these days!  Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, GoPackGo23 said:

I'm thinking about him in that top 15 range as well, along with Cook/Conner. I feel like Chubb belongs in that tier with Conner, Cook, Mixon, Bell and having a hard time sorting through those guys. But I would at least put Chubb a clear tier above the group with Freeman, Johnson, Mack, etc.

Exactly where I'm at with him and this is how I have them although I lump Bell in with DJ right after the big 4 assuming zeek signs

1. Chubb- seems like safest pick for gauranteed production until hung comes back. Only con is Hunt imo

2. Cook- mediocre/bad oline and injury prone. They brought in Kubiak to help get the run game started though

3. Conner- rumor is the want to get Samuel more involved aswell as Snell. I don't expect him to avg a TD per game this year

Personally can’t imagine drafting Dalvin, whose missed significant time both years in the league, and might be challenged for goal line carries by Mattison, over Chubb.

25 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

Personally can’t imagine drafting Dalvin, whose missed significant time both years in the league, and might be challenged for goal line carries by Mattison, over Chubb.

Yeah it’s nerve racking for sure. I like the talent and opportunity though. 

12 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Hunt led the league in rushing with Alex Smith as his QB. Alex Smith couldn’t even pronounce “historically great offense”. 

That team had over 6000 yards offense and was second only to New Orleans in yards per play.  Alex Smith went to the Pro Bowl.  

While Hunt led the league in rushing, he scored only 8 times, including 9 straight games without scoring.  Which makes me think, when Hunt does come back, does Chubb still get all the goal line carries?  If so, he would continue having RB1 value.

14 hours ago, BMcP said:

The 2017 Chiefs were just the second team in NFL history to feature a 4,000-yard passer, a 1,000-yard running back, a 1,000-yard wide receiver and a 1,000-yard tight end, joining the 1981 Chargers.

1 hour ago, Chardo said:

That team had over 6000 yards offense and was second only to New Orleans in yards per play.  Alex Smith went to the Pro Bowl.  

While Hunt led the league in rushing, he scored only 8 times, including 9 straight games without scoring.  Which makes me think, when Hunt does come back, does Chubb still get all the goal line carries?  If so, he would continue having RB1 value.

Thanks for the fun facts guys, but I'm not sure that these nuggets necessarily qualify the 2017 Chiefs as "historically great".

Jeez. People love playing devil's advocate so much on here that they are now defending Alex Smith as an all-time great QB. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Chardo said:

Chubb will be Ingram and Hunt will be Kamara.

Not exactly this and to a much lesser extent but the idea is Chubb will grind out plays and get most of the GL work while also being involved in the passing game somewhat. Hunt will be the 'finesse' back if you will that will get most of the work in the passing game but still get early down work here and there and alsoan occasional GL carry.

The split last year for NO was Kamara around 60%-65% and Ingram around 40%-45% of the snaps (both were on the field at times). I would expect Chubb to have similar to Kamara snap count with more of an Ingram role. Still enough to produce at a very good level for what should be a good offense but not enough to justify a top 12 or so pick. 

Edited by Gohawks

47 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Thanks for the fun facts guys, but I'm not sure that these nuggets necessarily qualify the 2017 Chiefs as "historically great".

Jeez. People love playing devil's advocate so much on here that they are now defending Alex Smith as an all-time great QB. 

Even as a KC homer myself I :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Or: they’re just pointing out that that particular offense was, in fact, “great” - to a degree that made history, so to speak.

7 minutes ago, AJdude said:

Chubb and KHunt go together perfectly

Maybe they will in real life, but potentially not as much for fantasy owners. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AJdude said:

Chubb and KHunt go together perfectly

Good joke :)

• Thanks 1

3 months of speculation gonna be a real good read...😑

Posted (edited)

Was able to grab Chubb in the 2nd round (2.2) as 9th pick in a 10 team league. Pretty happy with that result!

Edited by Itsame

22 minutes ago, Itsame said:

Was able to grab Chubb in the 2nd round (2.2) as 9th pick in a 10 team league. Pretty happy with that result!

Too early for me. Who'd you take first? 

I'd be taking this guy early in the first round if we knew what Hunt's role will be when he returns. Chubb is in the perfect position...good defense that will keep their team in games, should have an offense that will find themselves in the red zone often, getting all the goal line and third down touches, and was super effective last year on a per touch basis. The only thing I'm worried about is Hunt coming back and Chubb only getting 15-18 carries a game during the fantasy playoffs. If Hunt remains truly a backup when he returns, I want Chubb right after the first 3-4 RBs are off the board...but if Hunt cuts into his touches then I won't be drafting him unless he falls to the late 3rd/early 4th round.

13 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I'd be taking this guy early in the first round if we knew what Hunt's role will be when he returns. Chubb is in the perfect position...good defense that will keep their team in games, should have an offense that will find themselves in the red zone often, getting all the goal line and third down touches, and was super effective last year on a per touch basis. The only thing I'm worried about is Hunt coming back and Chubb only getting 15-18 carries a game during the fantasy playoffs. If Hunt remains truly a backup when he returns, I want Chubb right after the first 3-4 RBs are off the board...but if Hunt cuts into his touches then I won't be drafting him unless he falls to the late 3rd/early 4th round.

What if he gave you elite RB1 production for 10 weeks and then become and high end RB2? Not worth it? 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

What if he gave you elite RB1 production for 10 weeks and then become and high end RB2? Not worth it? 

Then I'd rather draft Cook or Conner in the spot I would have to take Chubb at. That's the tier I have him stuck in and every mock I find myself flip flopping between Chubb and Cook. IF (big if) Cook is healthy during the fantasy playoffs I think he offers more upside after week 10 than Chubb does with Hunt back in the mix.

3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Then I'd rather draft Cook or Conner in the spot I would have to take Chubb at. That's the tier I have him stuck in and every mock I find myself flip flopping between Chubb and Cook. IF (big if) Cook is healthy during the fantasy playoffs I think he offers more upside after week 10 than Chubb does with Hunt back in the mix.

I like cook a lot. I’ve been torn between cook or hunt at 10 for 2 weeks now. Conner scares me this year and I’m not sure why. Pittsburgh has never had a RBBC (im a Steelers fan) but I’m getting a weird vibe this year. 

I thought Hunt was suspended 12 games but it’s 8.  That’s gonna fly by.  I think chubb’s gonna have a monster 2 months though.  Wide open offense with lots of scoring opportunities.  

1 minute ago, Rickydragon said:

I thought Hunt was suspended 12 games but it’s 8.  That’s gonna fly by.  I think chubb’s gonna have a monster 2 months though.  Wide open offense with lots of scoring opportunities.  

Hunt won’t be back till week 10 because of the week 7 bye. After not playing in an NFL game for an entire year, and not being able to practice with the team for 9 weeks, I’ll be shocked if he has any immediate impact. Week 12 is when I expect hunt to start cutting into the workload. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1