munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

The only way you could believe Hunt is like most other backups is if you’re completely new to fantasy football. Maybe you are, I don’t know. I’d strongly suggest you learn more about Kareem Hunt, as he is absolutely nothing like most other backups. In fact, even referring to him as a “backup” sounds really uninformed.

Only a rookie(Sounds like you are) would be worried about a guy coming back week 10 and taking playing time from a late first round fantasy pick if he has been doing great those 9 weeks.

Kamara was still a top RB1 with Ingram getting double digits touches per game so it's not unheard of that Chubb can stay a RB1 with Hunt still getting work

We are all just repeating the same thing over and over at this point lol. If hunt scares you stay away. If you want to take the risk on him being the #1RB for at least 10 weeks then you better get him first round because he isn’t sliding at this point. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

This whole "how much work is Hunt going to take" is just a never ending argument and it boils down to this - how good do you think Nick Chubb is?

Look at it this way....say Hunt was picked up by the Giants or Dallas and not the Browns.  Do we think Saquon or Zeke would be in a timeshare with Hunt?  My gut would tell me that Hunt would only spell them unless they were really dinged up.  We are talking about two of the most talented RB's ever though.  Is Chubb as good?

If you think NIck Chubb is on the level of Saquon or Zeke, then you will think he will only be spelled but remain the workhorse.  If you think Chubb and Hunt are comparable in talent, you will think they will share.

You are severely underestimating how good Kareem Hunt is.

Just now, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Only a rookie(Sounds like you are) would be worried about a guy coming back week 10 and taking playing time from a late first round fantasy pick if he has been doing great those 9 weeks.

Good point. I’m sure Freddie Kitchens and Todd Monken will take Nick Chubb’s fantasy ADP into consideration while deciding how to deploy Kareem Hunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

Good point. I’m sure Freddie Kitchens and Todd Monken will take Nick Chubb’s fantasy ADP into consideration while deciding how to deploy Kareem Hunt.

They would rather take the advice from a guy that wants to bench a top 5 RB after 9 weeks into the season to give someone else the touches. Wow.

7 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

This whole "how much work is Hunt going to take" is just a never ending argument and it boils down to this - how good do you think Nick Chubb is?

Look at it this way....say Hunt was picked up by the Giants or Dallas and not the Browns.  Do we think Saquon or Zeke would be in a timeshare with Hunt?  My gut would tell me that Hunt would only spell them unless they were really dinged up.  We are talking about two of the most talented RB's ever though.  Is Chubb as good?

If you think NIck Chubb is on the level of Saquon or Zeke, then you will think he will only be spelled but remain the workhorse.  If you think Chubb and Hunt are comparable in talent, you will think they will share.

Honestly, yes, I do think Hunt would be in a timeshare of some kind with Barkley and/or Zeke. If a team is smart/lucky enough to have two pro bowl caliber RBs they would presumably use both of them. Why wouldn’t they?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

They would rather take the advice from a guy that wants to bench a top 5 RB after 9 weeks into the season to give someone else the touches. Wow.

When that someone else is Kareem Hunt, yes. When you have another RB on your team that good, it would be foolish to put more miles on Chubb than you need to win games.

1 minute ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

When that someone else is Kareem Hunt, yes. When you have another RB on your team that good, it would be foolish to put more miles on Chubb than you need to win games.

No thanks. I like how E. Smith and B. Sanders were used. 

11 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Kamara was still a top RB1 with Ingram getting double digits touches per game so it's not unheard of that Chubb can stay a RB1 with Hunt still getting work

That's not the best example. New Orleans has had 51 total rushing TD's over the last two years. The Browns have had 26 in the same timespan. We know the type of system that New Orleans runs. We can't be certain, that the Browns will follow suit. 

The state of my brain after reading 20 pages of the same back and forth debate about the number of touches players are going to get 3 MONTHS from now.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897bee06af14212536d2e

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897559c52c8575ca940fb

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897559c52c8575ca940fb

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

So do I, but it's not optimal. RBs that stay healthy that long are extremely rare.

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

If you’re scared of Hunt returning, just cuff Chubb with him. 

I had this option and passed. I'm not burning a bench spot for at least 10 weeks to figure out if a potential third down back is worth playing alongside my RB1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

That's not the best example. New Orleans has had 51 total rushing TD's over the last two years. The Browns have had 26 in the same timespan. We know the type of system that New Orleans runs. We can't be certain, that the Browns will follow suit. 

That's a fair point. No guarantees that they get as many rushing TDs as the Saints but I feel comfortable in saying they'll definitely increase from that 26 number. Look at the sheer difference in talent on offense. At the end of the day you can argue a major issue with any RB after the top 3. Zeke and Melvin holdouts, DJ poor O-Line and rookie coach/QB, Bell hasn't played a game in 19 months, Mixon has to deal with a poor Oline, Dalton, and missing Green for weeks, Dalvin Cook and Gurley have injury questions, Damien Williams already has a hammy, etc. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Honestly, yes, I do think Hunt would be in a timeshare of some kind with Barkley and/or Zeke. If a team is smart/lucky enough to have two pro bowl caliber RBs they would presumably use both of them. Why wouldn’t they?

Exactly this. Let's use baseball as an example. Lets say you have an MVP caliber 1st baseman and the team either made a mid-season trade for another All-Star caliber first baseman or had someone playing first base in your AAA farm system tearing the cover off of the ball, you wont let this guy ride the bench, you'll throw him in the outfield or something to make use of his bat. For those of you that watch the Mets, you can refer to the Alonso-Smith situation.

In any sport, its the same thing, you find a way to get your best players onto the field. The Browns have their sights set on the playoffs and keeping your backs fresh down the stretch is important IF you have the luxury, which the Browns will have.

11 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

If you’re scared of Hunt returning, just cuff Chubb with him. 

This is a good point however, I just think, Hunt will eat into Chubb's value enough that he will likely cause a headache for Chubb owners that are playoff bound.

Edited by nonstopfan

3 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Who knows, this could be a Kamari/Ingram type of situation when he returns. 

If so, who would be in the Kamara role and who would be in the Ingram role?

21 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I had this option and passed. I'm not burning a bench spot for at least 10 weeks to figure out if a potential third down back is worth playing alongside my RB1

I agree with this.  Drafting Hunt doesn't seem like a good idea, even if you have Chubb.  In theory, yes it is good, but unless you have a very deep bench, it is likely you will be dropping Hunt before week 10 due to injuries and bye weeks.  I don't know who Chubb's week 1-8 handcuff is, but he's the better guy to have on your bench than Hunt.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Who knows, this could be a Kamari/Ingram type of situation when he returns. 

Could be, but what evidence do we have of that. Did the GM or HC openly say that they like what the Saints did or are doing with their running game and we want to emulate that when Hunt comes back? Do they have any ties to the Saints tree?  I haven't done research to that level so I'm just asking,

I guess the whole point of all of these arguments is that there are so many scenarios that can take place. For someone you draft in the top 5, your expectation should be, barring an injury, that you are going to ride this guy to the championship. You don't have that assurance with Chubb. Sure, they can be as dynamic as Kamara and Ingram in 2017 or maybe Chubb may play the less effective role of Ingram in 2018 where he averaged just 8 points per game in PPR over the final 6 games. Maybe, Hunt takes the Kamara role and becomes a top three back from week 10 on.

Again, some people moving Chubb up all the way to a top 5 pick is not looking at all of the scenarios. 10 weeks of dominance is fun. I've been there. But not setting up your fantasy team for the playoffs will only mean a quick first round or post bye week exit.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

AB digs those old leather helmets, also not a ton of relevancy to today’s NFL.

9 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

If so, who would be in the Kamara role and who would be in the Ingram role?

Ingram -> Chubb

Kamara -> Hunt

But the entire speculation that they're going to split the backfield still doesn't make much sense to me, UNLESS the Browns are just crappy by week 10 and they want to see what they have in Hunt and not exhaust Chubb for no reason. If they are rocking at 6-3 when week 10 rolls around, I don't think they will suddenyl go to a 50/50 split. Hunt would simply act as a change of pace back.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Ingram -> Chubb

Kamara -> Hunt

But the entire speculation that they're going to split the backfield still doesn't make much sense to me, UNLESS the Browns are just crappy by week 10 and they want to see what they have in Hunt and not exhaust Chubb for no reason. If they are rocking at 6-3 when week 10 rolls around, I don't think they will suddenyl go to a 50/50 split. Hunt would simply act as a change of pace back.

Why does a relatively even split make no sense to you? If you think Hunt comps closer to Kamara and Chubb to Ingram, why would Cleveland limit a Kamara-like weapon to merely change of pace duties?

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 2