munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

Chubb hasn't taken the field once as Hunt has been used exclusively as the first team running back in the dress rehearsal. If people think Hunt isn't going to be on the better side of the split when he comes back a rude awakening is coming. 

Probably has nothing to do with preseason and preserving their prized RB, I'm sure.  Hunt is definitely the starter once he returns.  

1 minute ago, Tugginroot said:

Probably has nothing to do with preseason and preserving their prized RB, I'm sure.  Hunt is definitely the starter once he returns.  

Yeah, that's why they benched their prized QB too. 

3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Chubb hasn't taken the field once as Hunt has been used exclusively as the first team running back in the dress rehearsal. If people think Hunt isn't going to be on the better side of the split when he comes back a rude awakening is coming. 

Or maybe they are just resting the stud RB since he’s basically the only guy they have for 9 weeks... 

If Chubb doesnt play at all tonight then i dont think it means everything.  If Chubb comes out second, then i'm worried.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Barkley hasn’t taken the field once as Gallman has done significantly more work. What ******** scrubs. Would not draft either until the 10th+ round. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

If Chubb doesnt play at all tonight then i dont think it means everything.  If Chubb comes out second, then i'm worried.

That's a fair point. 

2 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Cuz’ QBs take the same beating RBs do.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Barkley hasn’t taken the field once as Gallman has done significantly more work. What ******** scrubs. Would not draft either until the 10th+ round. 

Barkley wasn't active. Gallman isn't Hunt. 

Damn dude, you don't understand how preseason and certain situations work, do you?

Why are people allowed to troll on here? I feel bad for anyone who actually takes that horrible advice and believes it. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Barkley wasn't active. Gallman isn't Hunt. 

You fail to see the flaws in your argument. You know it’s bad when I knew what you’d reply before you even replied.

Edited by Gohawks

Chubb is a stud. They are getting Hunt some work in before he spends half the season on the shelf and away from the team. I picked him up just in case something happens to Chubb, but I don’t even own him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

Why are people allowed to troll on here? I feel bad for anyone who actually takes that horrible advice and believes it. 

It's the internet and a lot of kids in time out are still allowed to use their "devices."  Ah, 21st century parenting. 

• Haha 1

I routinely pass on drafting Chubb... for other players in his area... due to the fact that Hunt will be back and he's still an elite talent. Thinking that, it's hard for me to ever pull the trigger and draft him so high.

Change my mind.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

I routinely pass on drafting Chubb... for other players in his area... due to the fact that Hunt will be back and he's still an elite talent. Thinking that, it's hard for me to ever pull the trigger and draft him so high.

Change my mind.

Chubb was elite in Cleveland last year.  Hunt was elite in a system where every RB puts up elite numbers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Change my mind.

Happen to catch the game tonight, err?

7 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Happen to catch the game tonight, err?

???

3 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

???

He’s been terrible this preseason

• Thanks 1

I love me some Chubb.  He will be a top 5 back thru 8 weeks. The problem is the lingering return of Kareem Hunt.  Brushing him off is naive imo.  None of us know how the situation will play out.  If both are healthy I'd imagine we'd be seeing some sort of committee or shared role.   Teams don't give out touches based on the needs of the fantasy industry.  Even if Chubb is ballin out, I'd have to imagine Hunt will be in the mix.  They want to win games and I'd imagine Hunt getting touhes will be a part of that.  We just don't know for sure tho. 

If not for Hunt I'd take Chubb inside the top 8 or 10.

Posted (edited)

Preseason stats

Chubb 1-12 rushing 1-14 rec

Hunt  7-17 rushing 1-3 rec

Obviously its preseason and there’s not a lot of stats to go by. I feel like Hunt has been underwhelming to say the least. The one series Chubb played this preseason he looked incredible. Chubb had more total yards in one series than Hunt had in essentially a half of football. And that was the starting Oline and qb for the first half last night

Like I said not a big sample but let’s say Hunt comes back in week 10 with Chubb playing great and Hunt plays like he’s played the last 2 preseason games, he will be change of pace back at best.

Edited by BRIGUY11

:lol: Pre-season is 99% meaningless. Is Nathan Peterman high on people's draft lists?

The Chubb/Hunt thing is beat to death. You could delete all the posts in this thread and put something like this and lock it:

8 weeks of probable goodness, unknown second half situation. Does Hunt cut into his touches just a little or more ie enough to damage Chubb's output after that? We won't know till then. Do you feel lucky?

Bomont said it best.

I can only add there is plenty of time for Hunt to get suspended or something else bad, before he hits the field.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ponza88 said:

Change my mind.

In his area such as who? Gurley/Mixon/Cook/Conner? I can make arguments against all 4 just as easily as I can against Chubb.

The concern that Hunt could come back and eat into Chubb's workload during your run to the playoffs is valid, but the fact remains that you need to have a good enough team for the first 10 weeks to even be in position to make a run at the playoffs. Chubb gets you there. What happens when Hunt returns will remain a mystery until he returns, but just as easily as he comes back and steals carries - he could also get hurt, or get suspended, or come back and do nothing.

There's a lot that can happen in that timespan, and there will always be late-round picks and waiver wire pickups that pay pick dividends at the RB position throughout the season. I think there's enough options out there for you to feel confident drafting Chubb, while also making shrewd moves in the late rounds of the draft and on the WW to protect yourself just incase.

Edited by Wize1

On 8/23/2019 at 8:13 PM, mulhollandvelvet said:

This was a legendarily bad post. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2