munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

 

Yeah it is an overreaction. Plenty of great players under perform. It happens. Whether it’s in week 1, mid season or whenever. But people need instant validation since it’s the first game and have no patience. Kelce last year in week 1 scored like 5 points. It was over reaction city, everyone calling him a bust. The next week he has a monster game and narrative changes. 

 

Agreed but as many have added that watched the full game like I did. There’s a big difference from a player having a bad game from a player that’s supposed to be a focal point in the offense being completely removed from the field once they breach into the redzone. Outside of injury (which he wasn’t) that’s just odd.

Things will improve for Chubb though.

Edited by quietj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

85 total yards, 17 carries, 3 catches, in a game in which the team looked absolutely terrible, and people are complaining?

There must be a lot of first-time fantasy owners on Chubb this season.  The guy got vultured at the goal line.  It happens.  Deal with it and move on.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

85 total yards, 17 carries, 3 catches, in a game in which the team looked absolutely terrible, and people are complaining?

There must be a lot of first-time fantasy owners on Chubb this season.  The guy got vultured at the goal line.  It happens.  Deal with it and move on.

 

Well said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

 

Yeah it is an overreaction. Plenty of great players under perform. It happens. Whether it’s in week 1, mid season or whenever. But people need instant validation since it’s the first game and have no patience. Kelce last year in week 1 scored like 5 points. It was over reaction city, everyone calling him a bust. The next week he has a monster game and narrative changes. 

 

and i can list the opposite in which players underperformed week one and there was more of that to come (Freeman, J Howard, etc). If chubb ran off 80+ yards and 2TDs you'd be calling him an RB1 ROS league winner and this "it's only week one! OVERREACTION CITY" post wouldn't even exist. Can't have it both ways. Do i think he will be horrible? No. But ignoring usage patterns because "it's week one" isn't that much better than overreacting

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Guwop said:

 

and i can list the opposite in which players underperformed week one and there was more of that to come (Freeman, J Howard, etc). If chubb ran off 80+ yards and 2TDs you'd be calling him an RB1 ROS league winner and this "it's only week one! OVERREACTION CITY" post wouldn't even exist. Can't have it both ways. Do i think he will be horrible? No. But ignoring usage patterns because "it's week one" isn't that much better than overreacting

Dude. Gurley, Mixon, Montgomery, Aaron Jones, KerryOn, James Conner, Fournette, Tevin Coleman, Sony Michel, Freeman, Guice, those are guys to worry about. If he hadn't been vultured by a guy who's already injured he'd be seen as a big winner. Got 16 carries in a game where they never led. Chubb isn't even on the panic radar unless you have anxiety problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Dude. Gurley, Mixon, Montgomery, Aaron Jones, KerryOn, James Conner, Fournette, Tevin Coleman, Sony Michel, Freeman, Guice, those are guys to worry about. If he hadn't been vultured by a guy who's already injured he'd be seen as a big winner. Got 16 carries in a game where they never led. Chubb isn't even on the panic radar unless you have anxiety problems.

 

So you pretty much made my point. If he boomed this thread would be different and nobody would say "it's only week one". People only want to be objective when a player doesn't hit a certain mark. There are plenty of "it's only week 1" reactions in the threads of the players you mentioned despite you thinking they have legit concerns. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Guwop said:

 

So you pretty much made my point. If he boomed this thread would be different and nobody would say "it's only week one". People only want to be objective when a player doesn't hit a certain mark. There are plenty of "it's only week 1" reactions in the threads of the players you mentioned despite you thinking they have legit concerns. 

I proved your point?

Chubb got a full workload in a losing game. Averaged 4.4 YPC. Why would you be even slightly concerned?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be most concerned about the O-line.

I really wanted Chubb and missed out on him. And I’m debating whether to target him now with a buy low offer. But I posted earlier in this thread that if Chubb and other Browns players turn out to be a bust and we’re looking back and asking “what went wrong” the culprit would likely be the O-line.

The O-line is the engine and they looked like trash. I think I might be able to buy Chubb plus another piece for the RB I took right after Chubb in my draft (don’t want to get into specifics and get off topic), but I’m strongly debating not doing it because of the O-line.

For current Chubb owners, I wouldn’t completely panic. I think the Browns will still be pretty solid and Chubb will produce. But I’m definitely concerned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is a prime example why the forum is the worst thing after week 1.

There's threads like the Montgomery and Gurley ones where there's week one overreaction but at least you can understand it with the coach and the knee. However, the dude got 90% of the RB touches and still got 20 total touches in a game that the Browns struggled on offense and people are still going to complain? I swear people will b**** about literally anything after week 1. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gufomel said:

I would be most concerned about the O-line.

I really wanted Chubb and missed out on him. And I’m debating whether to target him now with a buy low offer. But I posted earlier in this thread that if Chubb and other Browns players turn out to be a bust and we’re looking back and asking “what went wrong” the culprit would likely be the O-line.

The O-line is the engine and they looked like trash. I think I might be able to buy Chubb plus another piece for the RB I took right after Chubb in my draft (don’t want to get into specifics and get off topic), but I’m strongly debating not doing it because of the O-line.

For current Chubb owners, I wouldn’t completely panic. I think the Browns will still be pretty solid and Chubb will produce. But I’m definitely concerned. 

 

It isn't just the offensive line.  The whole team has a risk of being a dysfunctional mess.  People assumed because Beckham was coming in that this team was suddenly going to be pure magic.  The Browns have a QB who still doesn't have a full season of games under his belt and is a bit of a headcase.  He has never played with OBJ, who is also certifiable.  This could be the biggest meltdown since Colombia at the 1994 World Cup, and if that happens, then you have (1) bad game flow and (2) fewer TD opportunities.  As I've said before, it's not yet time to panic, but these risks were all there before Sunday too.  I agree he's probably a buy now if you have someone who panicked over what was actually a good game, but go in with your eyes wide open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

I proved your point?

Chubb got a full workload in a losing game. Averaged 4.4 YPC. Why would you be even slightly concerned?

Just the O line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

 

It isn't just the offensive line.  The whole team has a risk of being a dysfunctional mess.  People assumed because Beckham was coming in that this team was suddenly going to be pure magic.  The Browns have a QB who still doesn't have a full season of games under his belt and is a bit of a headcase.  He has never played with OBJ, who is also certifiable.  This could be the biggest meltdown since Colombia at the 1994 World Cup, and if that happens, then you have (1) bad game flow and (2) fewer TD opportunities.  As I've said before, it's not yet time to panic, but these risks were all there before Sunday too.  I agree he's probably a buy now if you have someone who panicked over what was actually a good game, but go in with your eyes wide open.

I don't think anyone is giving proper credit to how fierce the titans defense actually is. I made this mistake earlier. The O line isn't great but neither was the giants last season and Barkley went HAM. The defense can almost never key on on the run game, and I for one love that for chubb. The line isn't too much worse off from last season and chubb did work. With odell Landry njoku and higgins running routes, I think there are way better days (and he didn't even have a bad day all things considered!!) ahead for chubb and the entire offense as a whole... I just wonder what the goal line vulture was about. Why do that? 

 

Looking down the schedule. Seattle, NE, Denver, Buffalo, and Baltimore twice including in the playoffs does not excite me as an owner of Chubb and Odell. 

Edited by Mrmann1
Added schedule
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you about the tough schedule, but I believe in the talent. The Browns team as whole looked unprepared, sloppy, and surprised the Titans were hanging with them. Time to get to work this week.

Besides the vulture TD, Chubb looked decent to me. I just hope that the team is in sync this week against the Jets, and a bonus is that Mosley got dinged up with the groin - not sure how well he'll be moving out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news for Chubb owners.  Hilliard, who vultured Chubb on Sunday, is not practicing today.

Now one just has to hope that the Browns aren't interested in signing John Kuhn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

Good news for Chubb owners.  Hilliard, who vultured Chubb on Sunday, is not practicing today.

Now one just has to hope that the Browns aren't interested in signing John Kuhn.

 

even better is that it will allow Chubbo to stay on the field for more 3rd downs ... we need some more receptions here

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Set it and forget it. You would be a fool to trade him after week 1. 

Its gonna be a long year, so no need to make drastic decisions after week 1. 

 

Chubbs will be fine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a feeling of a "bust" game as the Titans have a way of keeping games close. Literally everything went wrong in this game, especially killer penalities on defense that kept the Titans chains moving. another real problem is how pass happy the team was in the first half, like they needed to prove Baker and OBJ is a real thing. The goal line happens and is not overly concerning. However I was penciling him in for 2-3 catches a game at a decent clip, and he got not much done on Sunday. Titans defense is really good and ranked really well last year. The only team that really destroyed them were the colts because, well, they were the colts with luck and with that o line and coaching.

 

All in all, I'd be looking to sell it the package was nice and fair but the state of RBs is quite a mess right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 1:16 PM, CViewPride35 said:

Set it and forget it. You would be a fool to trade him after week 1. 

Its gonna be a long year, so no need to make drastic decisions after week 1. 

 

Chubbs will be fine. 

Schedule seems a bit brutal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zshenko said:

No quinnen williams or mosley.... man chubb is going to break some nasty runs monday night.

Wow, those are two huge injuries. I was already a bit optimistic about a potential positive game script with Darnold being out, but those two injuries are a big deal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, zshenko said:

No quinnen williams or mosley.... man chubb is going to break some nasty runs monday night.

 

Agreed. But if he doesn't go off I am selling immediately. This is a matchup where Chubb could get 30 carries, and have an elite rb1 game. Keyword: should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

Agreed. But if he doesn't go off I am selling immediately. This is a matchup where Chubb could get 30 carries, and have an elite rb1 game. Keyword: should.

 

Selling Week 2? Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...