munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

That's absolutely terrible.  Until a guy is an established TD machine in a juggernaut offense (like Gurley last year) I'd never lay that much wood on a guy to score a TD.

I think it's more to do with the odds of browns have great field position all game and building a lead due to the key injuries on the Jets side vs just Chubb himself. Chubb is certainly a good player though. Marlon Mack got shut down by Titans and has an even better o line 

12 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

That's absolutely terrible.  Until a guy is an established TD machine in a juggernaut offense (like Gurley last year) I'd never lay that much wood on a guy to score a TD.

didn't say i was laying it, just relaying the info 🤷‍♂️

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

didn't say i was laying it, just relaying the info 🤷‍♂️

I knew you weren't.  Just couldn't believe how bad the odds were.  I appreciated your post.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2019 at 11:09 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

I mean I don't think there's anything that wrong with what I said. Theres no darnold. Jets missing key defenders. Browns favored by 6-7 on the road. No Hilliard to steal goal line. Game flow and carries are going to be supreme, at least we all hope. He has no excuse to to less than 15 PTs on Monday. That's what I'm expecting because you literally could not ask for any more variables such as the above being presented in this matchup.

16 points.  I need no less than 16 points from him tonight =D 

• Haha 1

Chubb's production given the game script is concerning. Jets went 3 and out almost all night. No 2 minute or 3rd down work make him a low end RB2. Not sure if there is much upside.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Chubb's production given the game script is concerning. Jets went 3 and out almost all night. No 2 minute or 3rd down work make him a low end RB2. Not sure if there is much upside.

I get the slight concern.... but a low end rb2 lol?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Glad he produced tonight but yes I don't know what to make of the fixture that has x player in for 3rd downs and 2 min drill. Considering the browns may stink they may have a ton of 3rd downs lol

7 minutes ago, Newtown said:

What he's looking like right now is high floor mid to low ceiling with volume. Him and Derrick Henry seem to be in similar roles and situations. Unfortunately Chubb was drafted rounds earlier

• Like 1

This offense isn't doing him any favors, some really puzzling usage - especially given the game flow. Should have been a big second half for him, but they just coasted and swapped him in and out sporadically.

6 minutes ago, Newtown said:

This is the exact reason why I cannot stand these forums during the season for the most part. Complete overreactions to the most recent thing they've seen.

22 total touches with 4 catches isn't a good enough workload? He's a top 5 NFL RB talent who is getting 20+ touches a week, come on with the "low end RB2" talk. 

"Not sure if there is much upside." You have to be kidding me. His upside is 209 total yards and 2 TDs as we saw in week 10 last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IF YOU ARENT ON THE CHUBB TRAIN 

TRADE HIM

GET OFF

YOU DONT DESERVE HIM

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Got lit up at the end there... any concern he pops up with a concussion mid week a la Sterling Shepard?

6 minutes ago, munde53 said:

This is the exact reason why I cannot stand these forums during the season for the most part. Complete overreactions to the most recent thing they've seen.

22 total touches with 4 catches isn't a good enough workload? He's a top 5 NFL RB talent who is getting 20+ touches a week, come on with the "low end RB2" talk. 

"Not sure if there is much upside." You have to be kidding me. His upside is 209 total yards and 2 TDs as we saw in week 10 last year. 

If you don't think having a 2 down back is concerning I don't know what to tell you. I thought Duke was holding back his 3 down role. Wait til Kareem Hunt comes back. It'll be lots of fun then.

Edited by Newtown
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Newtown said:

If you don't think having a 2 down back is concerning I don't know what to tell you. I thought Duke was holding back his 3 down role. Wait til Kareem Hunt comes back. It'll be lots of fun then.

Just let them have this one. Cant say anything negative about high draft capital players 

• Like 1

It’s quite simple.

They’re going to run A LOT on early downs so having him in on all 3 downs is draining. You can count on one hand the amount of legit 3 down backs in the NFL in part for this very reason.

22 touches and people crying about usage. Hilarious. The issue here is the horrid line not usage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It’s quite simple.

They’re going to run A LOT on early downs so having him in on all 3 downs is draining. You can count on one hand the amount of legit 3 down backs in the NFL in part for this very reason.

22 touches and people crying about usage. Hilarious. The issue here is the horrid line not usage. 

Agreed on the legit 3 down backs. However I didn't draft this guy in the second round and I don't think anyone else did either for him to be a 1-2 down back. The assumption was he is going to be a 3 down back. At this usage he is a 3rd-4th round pick. Feel bad for those who really reached in the first. This should have also been a HUGE game for him. Instead they got mayfield trying to force throws to Odel. Terrible play calling. His value to me plummeted after this week.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2

I'm concerned. Not necessarily about Chubb, though I'm no fan of his usage. This offense just seems off. Maybe the most appeal for Chubb was expected TD opportunities from being on one of the most prolific offenses. So far, this offense is not close to that. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It’s quite simple.

So they will be one of the most predictable offenses in the NFL when Chubb is on the field. Ok...got it.

No wonder they look so stagnant, yes that was so simple and rudimentary.

• Like 1

Just now, MKO3090 said:

I'm concerned. Not necessarily about Chubb, though I'm no fan of his usage. This offense just seems off. Maybe the most appeal for Chubb was expected TD opportunities from being on one of the most prolific offenses. So far, this offense is not close to that. 

Agreed. Much like Mike McCarthy's stale no motion, no bunch, no stack formations that rely on receivers winning a lot of one-on-one matchups. No RPOs or playaction leave a lot to be desired. I hope it will get better, but this HC is not putting the offense in favorable positions to succeed.

Rotoworld Forums gonna Rotoworld Forum. It's like clockwork.

Some people are out there starting guys like Joe Mixon and we got guys in here complaining about Chubb, a player who has had double digit points in PPR week 1 and 2. Talking about trading pennies on the dollar for a running back that has a great floor and still has an above average ceiling.

It amazes me the amount of people that routinely think any given player is realistically supposed to score 25+ points every single week.

The problem with Cleveland's offense is that Baker looks consistently unsettled. If the OLine can straight out and Baker can loosen up like he did last season its only going to get better from an already good start for Chubb.

Edited by MoonBlaster
  • Like 3

Dude had a good game for fantasy. Line looked s---y but if he continues to do what hes been doing i dont see how he isnt still a top 10 rb by the time Hunt comes back. Id expect the offense to continue to improve as time goes on. Bigger chubb games to come. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

So they will be one of the most predictable offenses in the NFL when Chubb is on the field. Ok...got it.

No wonder they look so stagnant, yes that was so simple and rudimentary.

They're the Browns. What did you expect?

They need to put him in on all 3 downs. You split him out wide and he actually gets some catches as a WR so he is clearly talented in that regard. Yet at the same time you refuse to keep him in on all 3 downs? They're absolute idiots and I cannot stress how moronic this coaching staff looks with how they use Chubb. My point is, his touches are not the problem here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

It amazes me the amount of people that routinely think any given player is realistically supposed to score 25+ points every single week.

Look at the schedule. It gets a lot tougher from here. The question is do you sell before it's too late. The only Brown I'd be comfortable with is OBJ because he's done it before. The others may be in store for some serious regression. Not saying it's going to happen, but as a Chubb owner, I'm a little nervous about the amount of times I see him off the field and the other issues I see with the offense (O-Line, pass-heavy playcalling, etc).

Edited by MKO3090

1 minute ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

Dude had a good game for fantasy. Line looked s---y but if he continues to do what hes been doing i dont see how he isnt still a top 10 rb by the time Hunt comes back. Id expect the offense to continue to improve as time goes on. Bigger chubb games to come. 

At that point you can expect hunt to eat about 40% of his touches. Johnson is aiready eating like 25% and he is basically no one compared to a player like hunt.