munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Are people seriously calling Chubb a bust because he got 98 yards and a TD?

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, nearly 20 pts seems like a solid week.

I will take him all day.       Who was taken in front of him again.

WEEK 2

E Elliot  - 19 pts.

CMC - 6 Pts

Barkley -21 pt

Kamarra-  6 pts

Conner - 13pts

Bell  -  20 pts

Chubb - 19 pts

What is the issue folks?

• Like 3

Just now, vercrazy said:

Are people seriously complaining that Chubb got 98 yards and a TD?

We aren't stat watchers. Did you actually watch the game? Its about his usage and how terrible the browns looked and how theres a no name RB taking about 25-30% of his snaps. This is how you sell players before its too late or buy players before they blow up and everyone else finds out. By watching games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, vercrazy said:

Are people seriously calling Chubb a bust because he got 98 yards and a TD?

I'm confused as well. In my ppr yahoo league, he had 19.80 points

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

They're the Browns. What did you expect?

They need to put him in on all 3 downs. You split him out wide and he actually gets some catches as a WR so he is clearly talented in that regard. Yet at the same time you refuse to keep him in on all 3 downs? They're absolute idiots and I cannot stress how moronic this coaching staff looks with how they use Chubb. My point is, his touches are not the problem here.

That was my point, my man. Agree with all of the above, it's frustrating to watch at times.

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

We aren't stat watchers. Did you actually watch the game? Its about his usage and how terrible the browns looked and how theres a no name RB taking about 25-30% of his snaps. This is how you sell players before its too late or buy players before they blow up and everyone else finds out. By watching games.

How did you not know if Lev Bell had 120 yards rushing or 60 yards rushing if you arent a stat watcher and were watching the game lol?!

8 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

How did you not know if Lev Bell had 120 yards rushing or 60 yards rushing if you arent a stat watcher and were watching the game lol?!

I was watching but I'm not counting stats as the game goes on. He had a bunch of catches. Then when I looked at the end of the game it said he had like 171 total yards so obviously I thought that was high. If I didn't watch the game why would I even mention that stat. I would just assume 171 is right. The total difference was only about 40 yards between the right and wrong stat. So that could easily be overlooked. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Look at the schedule. It's gets a lot tougher from here on out. The question is do you sell before it's too late. The only Brown I'd be comfortable with is OBJ because he's done it before. The others may be in store for some serious regression. Not saying it's going to happen, but as a Chubb owner, I'm a little nervous about the amount of times I see him off the field and the issues I see with the offense (O-Line, pass-heavy playcalling, 3rd down/2 minute role).

Like any hypothetical trade situation it all depends on what you're going to get in return for him. Nobody is going to trade you a top end WR1/RB1 for Chubb right now without added assets.

We all know that most trades in competitive leagues are at best a 60/40 split in one teams favor, unless you're undoubtedly on the right end of that split AND have the depth to be able to give up a consistent double digit scoring RB trading Chubb seems like an extreme overreaction.

There’s literally nothing stopping him from busting out a long 30 yard run next game or so. Hes got more upside and a higher floor than most rbs. Not many rbs drafted behind him that one can definitively say will be better ROS.

5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I was watching but I'm not counting stats as the game goes on. He had a bunch of catches. Then when I looked at the end of the game it said he had like 171 total yards so obviously I thought that was high. If I didn't watch the game why would I even mention that stat. I would just assume 171 is right.

Was just wondering because you asked like 5 times how many rushing yards, then how many total yards he had, then like so does he have 179 or 129 yards.. seems like a lot of yards to be miscounted for, especially since you were initially asking about his production from a rushing standpoint? It was obvious that he was getting bottled up all night running the ball watching the game and especially when you acccount for the fact his long run of the night was 8 yards and he went 21 for 68. So it just seemed odd you’d make a post questioning if someone else watched the game right after that whole sequence of events lol. 

12 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

Like any hypothetical trade situation it all depends on what you're going to get in return for him. Nobody is going to trade you a top end WR1/RB1 for Chubb right now without added assets.

We all know that most trades in competitive leagues are at best a 60/40 split in one teams favor, unless you're undoubtedly on the right end of that split AND have the depth to be able to give up a consistent double digit scoring RB trading Chubb seems like an extreme overreaction.

Name 5 RBs that are better than this "not" RB1

5 minutes ago, pushaZ said:
17 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

Zeke, Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara, Cook, Bell... There are more, but that wasn't hard. 

Edited by MKO3090
  • Haha 1

He has a nice game but that Browns offensive line is mediocre at best. Just look at his ypc. But he should see plenty of volume, at least while Hunt is out. 

Not sure he will be a RB1 based on the offense not being as great as we thought and the line being weak. Still think he is somewhere in the RB 10-15 range.

5 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

you serious?

I'm gonna try and sell. Schedule gets harder from here on out, and Hunt coming back is only going to make things worse. If you don't think Hunt will be that involved, you're only kidding yourselves because he's a capable back

• Like 1

1 minute ago, street sharks said:

I'm gonna try and sell. Schedule gets harder from here on out, and Hunt coming back is only going to make things worse. If you don't think Hunt will be that involved, you're only kidding yourselves because he's a capable back

Yeah initially I was buying the hype on Chubb that  he will just run away with the job and Hunt won't be an issue. And that thought process made a lot of sense. But after watching whats been happening. It doesn't make sense to still buy what everyone was selling. This may be the last chance to sell.

Edited by StevenSC400

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Yeah initially I was buying the hype on Chubb that  he will just run away with the job and Hunt won't be an issue. And that thought process made a lot of sense. But after watching whats been happening. It doesn't make sense to still buy what everyone was selling. This may be the last chance to sell.

What would you even be looking to sell for? 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Someone else rather eloquently answered this for me but I was making an argument FOR Chubb. He's not a top 5 fantasy RB but nobody should realistically have those expectations and be disappointed to find out that he's maybe only a top 10 RB.. if that's the case then you're in for a lot of disappointing fantasy football realizations 

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Again Idk why they keep deleting this. Im not trying to turn this into an AC discussion Im just trying to set an example of current value for Chubb. But I am potentially trading him for M Thomas

Good luck with that

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Yeah and others take advantage of people taking one game out of context.

1- last week Chubb was in on 70% of the snaps and has 17/19 carries. What more would you want?

2- this week he was out for the 2 minute drill late in the first half and got dinged up and was rested late when the game was out of hand. 

Chubb still has 18 carries compared to the 3 for Johnson.

Why would the browns overwork Chubb in a blowout? You think every head coach is as dumb as Ron rivera who is cutting CMC'S career in half by the way he works him to death every game?

The guy is getting 90% of the carries and 4 targets a game. What did you expect from Chubb? If you drafted him expecting more that's a you problem.

Edited by wideopen21
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

Zeke, Barkley, McCaffrey, Kamara, Cook, Bell... There are more, but that wasn't hard. 

K have fun with Kamara and Bell

13 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Yeah and others take advantage of people taking one game out of context.

1- last week Chubb was in on 70% of the snaps and has 17/19 carries. What more would you want?

2- this week he was out for the 2 minute drill late in the first half and got dinged up and was rested late when the game was out of hand. 

Chubb still has 18 carries compared to the 3 for Johnson.

Why would the browns overwork Chubb in a blowout? You think every head coach is as dumb as Ron rivera who is cutting CMC'S career in half by the way he works him to death every game?

The guy is getting 90% of the carries and 4 targets a game. What did you expect from Chubb? If you drafted him expecting more that's a you problem.

Again its not just 1 thing Its a number of things. For one he was sitting on the bench on probably 90% of 3rd downs. He should be in on at least SOME third downs. Him being just a first and second down back drops his value by a lot. Im not expecting him to be used like CMC but I was expecting him to be out on at least 50% of the third downs. Just their general game management. You guys are so happy with his points? He should have had twice that amount. These guys were winning by a significant margin. The announcers kept talking about how this is the time where you want to get your line to dominate and finish the game with a strong run game. Instead what do they do? Try to force throws to beckham. They don't establish the run in the beginning they don't establish it in the end when they have a good lead. The line didn't look great run blocking. They had terrible run plays. No element of surprise whatsoever. This was a lucky game for him. Take away that TD run and everyone here would be crying. If you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Again its not just 1 thing Its a number of things. For one he was sitting on the bench on probably 90% of 3rd downs. He should be in on at least SOME third downs. Him being just a first and second down back drops his value by a lot. Im not expecting him to be used like CMC but I was expecting him to be out on at least 50% of the third downs. Just their general game management. You guys are so happy with his points? He should have had twice that amount. These guys were winning by a significant margin. The announcers kept talking about how this is the time where you want to get your line to dominate and finish the game with a strong run game. Instead what do they do? Try to force throws to beckham. They don't establish the run in the beginning they don't establish it in the end when they have a good lead. The line didn't look great run blocking. They had terrible run plays. No element of surprise whatsoever. This was a lucky game for him. Take away that TD run and everyone here would be crying. If you don't see that then I don't know what to tell you. 

agreed. his usage has been maddening ever since that huge game last year (week 10 i think)

he's played less on 3rd

less in the redzone

and he's routinely been ignored in favor of baker throwing the ball in obvious run situations

ppl want to believe chubb is something he's not. he's nowhere near as valuable as most ppl paid for

Edited by FritzLn