munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, dropshadows said:

There's nothing to be disappointed about unless you drafted Chubb[/Kamara/DJ/Conner/Bell/Mixon/Gurley] before Cook in the [1st or] 2nd round. That's about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

What did I just read?

OK. So he's on track for being RB8 or RB9 in most of the last 5 seasons. This is not taking Hunt into account. Where in that does it say his current pace is RB1?

My last comment was a bit snarky at the end, so apologies for that, but what I was showing was that if Chubb continues his current pace, the worst he would finish in the last 5 years is the 9th best RB (2018), and typically he'd finish as the 8th best RB (2017, 2016, 2014).

That, by definition, would make him an RB1, even in a 10-team league, albeit a mid-low end RB1.

The main point was that Chubb had an ADP in the RB6-RB8 range so if he finishes as RB8, he wasn't a home-run pick, but he returned the value he was expected to provide. There's legitimate reasons for concern with him (and I do own Hunt in a league with only 3 bench spots, so I'm not dismissive of them), but your comment was that his current pace ignoring those concerns is bad, and the numbers suggest otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cbsholy said:

HE HEARD US, FELLAS! HE REALLY HEARD US!!!1!

thank you so much, ya Nagy lite bastid!!!1!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Coach speak but I think we should be feeling good. Chubb might be heading 25 touches a game, and get higher profit touches than between the 20s. Teams gonna need to rely on the run game a bit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Coach speak but I think we should be feeling good. Chubb might be heading 25 touches a game, and get higher profit touches than between the 20s. Teams gonna need to rely on the run game a bit

feed the kid early and often ... will make that sputtering passing game look a whole lot better when the CHUBB is fully erect-ified .. 

• Like 3

Am I the only one concerned that the Browns are gunna run Chubb into the ground until week 8 or 9 and then he will be too tired or hurt to close out the year? 

Hunt is a very real threat...

9 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

Am I the only one concerned that the Browns are gunna run Chubb into the ground until week 8 or 9 and then he will be too tired or hurt to close out the year? 

Why can't Chubb handle zeke-level workloads again? College workhorse and his BMI is better than Zeke...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BarbaricEric said:

let's wait 'til we hear he's recovered fron his sports hernia surgery and is actually training again before we annoint him anything more than what he is right now - nothing. 

30 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Anyone else excited to watch chubb only get 10 carries against the rams? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

let's wait 'til we hear he's recovered fron his sports hernia surgery and is actually training again before we annoint him anything more than what he is right now - nothing. 

spacer.png

• Haha 7

The usage was really encouraging tonight. Was in on like nearly every 3rd down and caught a few passes. And should have had a TD if Baker didn't snap the ball so quick so OBJ couldn't get set.

But holy hell, what happened on that last series??? On the 4 yard line, 3 timeouts, and they literally pass the ball 4 times and lose oh my lordddd

Definitely encouraged with the usage and being in on 3rd downs. I think the poor play calling will figure itself out, or else they’re going to keep losing games like this

Minus that penalty call and the horrendous coach in the end... his line really should have been 100 and 2tds and catches.  They tried really, really hard to lose this game and they did it!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, street sharks said:

The usage was really encouraging tonight. Was in on like nearly every 3rd down and caught a few passes. And should have had a TD if Baker didn't snap the ball so quick so OBJ couldn't get set.

But holy hell, what happened on that last series??? On the 4 yard line, 3 timeouts, and they literally pass the ball 4 times and lose oh my lordddd

They would rather have baker run around like a chicken rather than hand the ball off. 3 time outs not one rush. Still the browns. I was panicking last week though cause Chubb really wasn’t involved in the passing game. That changed this week which raises his value by quite a bit. One step at a time I guess with this coaching staff.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still encouraged yada yada, but Geesh the Browns are painful to watch. I thought this team was going to be fun as hell to watch all year. Nasomuch....

This guy was the only bright spot for the Browns.....

Mayfield looked awful and the coach looks like he is in way over his head.

Chubb rocks.....Browns still look like they are searching for their identity...they so badly want Mayfield to be THE GUY, instead of just a solid dude keeping the chains moving.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, street sharks said:

That was so stupid. I was yelling at the screen: “Chubb! Chubb! Chubb!” And not just for selfish reasons, lol - that was just terrible playcalling. Reminded me of when the 49ers lost the Super Bowl a few years ago because of four straight incomplete passes inside the 10. Inexcusable for Chubb not to get the ball at least once or twice in that scenario IMO. I mean they didn’t even try play action. Empty backfield every play, smh.

This guy is going to be rock solid all year and if he plays 14 games there is no way he doesn’t finish as a top 8 RB. Awesome to see him getting some targets too.

Baker cannot read defenses. Especially zone. Hopefully, at some point in time his coaches realize this.

This team has no idea who they are. They were set up for failure. A rookie coach who looks clueless, a QB who got overhyped too early, and they went and got a bunch of splashy players at skill positions. They have no offensive line and can't figure out what kind of team they want to be. They never should have traded their best linemen for Vernon. Wouldn't shock me if Kitchens gets canned this season.

I think Chubb is one of the better players on the offense and they need to commit more to the run, but even their running game isn't all that great.

It's only going to get worse when Hunt returns