munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

11 hours ago, psygolf said:

Eventually it will kill Cleveland when it comes to courting future FA’s if they keep bringing guys in only to flip them for picks in a few months.

Meh.  This is a pretty unique example.  Doesn't even hit the radar for a FA.  FAs care about 1) money 2) winning ..... 6) front office antics.

52 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Meh.  This is a pretty unique example.  Doesn't even hit the radar for a FA.  FAs care about 1) money 2) winning ..... 6) front office antics.

Or eventually Dorsey will earn a reputation that he runs his roster with the loyalty & attention-span of a FF owner.

3 hours ago, FritzLn said:

Duke's usage destroyed Chubb's value down the stretch when it mattered the most. You actually think he's going to have value now that he's sharing carries with someone better than himself? 

Denial

He did?  What week was that exactly?  Was it Week 12 when Duke had 2 carries and 2 catches?  It can't be that week.  Chubb had 84 yards rushing and 44 receiving with 2 tds.  Perhaps it was Week 13?  Hmm, Duke had 2 catches for 12 yards.  Chubb had another rushing td and 41 yards receiving.  Probably Week 14?  Nope, Duke literally had no catches and negative yards rushing.  So, I guess you're referring to Weeks 15 and 16 as when he "destroyed" Chubbs value?  A combined 40 yards rushing and 79 yards receiving?  Meanwhile Chubb is over 100 yards in both games?  

Help me understand.

• Like 1

Yeah, Chubb did just fine with Duke getting more involved.

4 hours ago, FritzLn said:

Duke's usage destroyed Chubb's value down the stretch when it mattered the most. You actually think he's going to have value now that he's sharing carries with someone better than himself? 

Denial

I didn't own Chubb but how??  Duke got similar playing time and usage all season per game.  I'm not saying Hunt won't really hurt Chubb's value(it has to).  But I would say the same about for any top 10 RB who's team added Hunt(who I also think is a top 10 RB talent wise).

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He did?  What week was that exactly?  Was it Week 12 when Duke had 2 carries and 2 catches?  It can't be that week.  Chubb had 84 yards rushing and 44 receiving with 2 tds.  Perhaps it was Week 13?  Hmm, Duke had 2 catches for 12 yards.  Chubb had another rushing td and 41 yards receiving.  Probably Week 14?  Nope, Duke literally had no catches and negative yards rushing.  So, I guess you're referring to Weeks 15 and 16 as when he "destroyed" Chubbs value?  A combined 40 yards rushing and 79 yards receiving?  Meanwhile Chubb is over 100 yards in both games?  

Help me understand.

1 TD and no more receiving work weeks 14,15,16 (when it mattered)

routinely taken off the field inside the 20

if you were only hoping for 10 points from Chubb then i guess he gave you everything you needed

you'll be hoping for a hunt injury all season

Edited by FritzLn

From Week 8 onward, Chubb received exactly the same number of targets (3) each week with three exceptions: only one in Weeks 9 and 15, and six - in Week 14 (the first week you mentioned).

Duke’s 5.4 touches/game wasn’t doing anything to Chubb’s value.

Duke really didn't do much to Chubb's value at all last year. Hunt is much better runner then Duke though and isn't going to be used like Duke/Sproles/Cohen etc. I think it could get really ugly for Chubb if him and Hunt are active together. Chubb was already average in the receiving department last year, now he may be splitting carries with a RB that is arguably better then him.

6 minutes ago, FISH20 said:

Duke really didn't do much to Chubb's value at all last year. Hunt is much better runner then Duke though and isn't going to be used like Duke/Sproles/Cohen etc. I think it could get really ugly for Chubb if him and Hunt are active together. Chubb was already average in the receiving department last year, now he may be splitting carries with a RB that is arguably better then him.

Chubb is better than Hunt. Anyone can run in that KC offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FritzLn said:

1 TD and no more receiving work weeks 14,15,16 (when it mattered)

routinely taken off the field inside the 20

if you were only hoping for 10 points from Chubb then i guess he gave you everything you needed

you'll be hoping for a hunt injury all season

He eclipsed 10 points in every single one of those weeks.  And he had 6 catches.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Chubb is better than Hunt. Anyone can run in that KC offense. 

I'll take Hunt and his added receiving ability over Chubb. You can talk about KC's offense all you want but Hunt is a talented RB.

Next Gen Stats had Hunt as their most elusive RB in 2017. #1 rated RB in "yard gained after close" defender (within 1 yard). He was also #1 in missed tackles according to PFF.

7 hours ago, devaster said:

Yeah, Chubb did just fine with Duke getting more involved.

Key point people are missing. Kitchens kept Haleys offense intact when he took over as OC

No one knows what a kitchens offense looks like, he was never a HC or a full time OC.

if u are going to change the offense you do it now before Baker becomes to  indoctrinated in the Haley scheme

So no one knows what Duke or chubb or Hunt will do in this offense.

I will rpt:

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT A KITCHENS OFFENSE LOOKS LIKE  :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FISH20 said:

I'll take Hunt and his added receiving ability over Chubb. You can talk about KC's offense all you want but Hunt is a talented RB.

Next Gen Stats had Hunt as their most elusive RB in 2017. #1 rated RB in "yard gained after close" defender (within 1 yard). He was also #1 in missed tackles according to PFF.

I do believe Chubb has receiving ability, too. 

And if I'm not mistaken, didn't NGS have Chubb as the most elusive RB in 2018? Or something like that? Maybe tops in missed tackles, too? I know Chubb was highly rated by PFF in a few NGS. 

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

And if I'm not mistaken, didn't NGS have Chubb as the most elusive RB in 2018? Or something like that? Maybe tops in missed tackles, too? I know Chubb was highly rated by PFF in a few NGS. 

Absolutely right.  And as of early December, he was literally rated as the best RB in the league - can’t imagine he dropped off too much in the final few weeks:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Nick-Chubb-Browns-NFL-best-running-back-125744341/Amp/

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Wait...did Hunt get let go before Chubb’s emergence this season?  ...have they ever been seen in the same room together??

Hmmm...it’s all making sense, this bizarre signing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FISH20 said:

Chubb is just as good a receiver as Hunt. 

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Chubb is just as good a receiver as Hunt. 

I owned Chubb, but didn't have much opportunity to watch Cle games...I agree that Chubb can catch the ball as well as Hunt, but Hunt does have that innate feeling for running routes & screens, of course maybe it was the result of the KC offense.

The question might be "who will be better in the passing game, Hunt or Duke?"

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I owned Chubb, but didn't have much opportunity to watch Cle games...I agree that Chubb can catch the ball as well as Hunt, but Hunt does have that innate feeling for running routes & screens, of course maybe it was the result of the KC offense.

The question might be "who will be better in the passing game, Hunt or Duke?"

Duke is a much better receiver than both. I'm likely just staying away from the situation 

18 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Duke is a much better receiver than both. I'm likely just staying away from the situation 

Lets wait and see if Duke is still around when the season starts.  The GM didn't really give a ringing endorsement saying he is on the team for now.  If Hunts gets time for last years games and he misses only 2 to 4 games this year.  I doubt they bring back Duke on his contract.

13 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Lets wait and see if Duke is still around when the season starts.  The GM didn't really give a ringing endorsement saying he is on the team for now.  If Hunts gets time for last years games and he misses only 2 to 4 games this year.  I doubt they bring back Duke on his contract.

Duke appears to be cheaper this year compared to what he was paid last year.

35 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Duke appears to be cheaper this year compared to what he was paid last year.

Wow didn't realize that.  Initially thought he would be gone but at 2.3 mil no reason to cut him until next season.

57 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Lets wait and see if Duke is still around when the season starts.  The GM didn't really give a ringing endorsement saying he is on the team for now.  If Hunts gets time for last years games and he misses only 2 to 4 games this year.  

As far as I know/everything I have read, Hunt has no shot at that little amount of time.

they may have several other incidents including the one that was on tape? i thought i read that on a roto post? that could be 6 games each if any merit is found with each allegation? i could be wrong but 2019 is not looking that promising for hunt. it seems that cleveland knows this as well. 

I wonder if Kitchens’s interest in running the Wishbone might have had something to do with this signing.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I wonder if Kitchens’s interest in running the Wishbone might have had something to do with this signing.

Everyone ranking the Browns production based off of last season are going to be surprised when it's better, worse or the same:lol:

Seriously I wouldnt touch any Browns player in the first 3 rds too many question marks, starting with kitchens

• Haha 1