munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

You are right, the addition of Trent Williams would be a massive uplift for Hunt.

Countdown to Hunt: T-Minus 3 Weeks

If you have to own one change of pace back who gets chunk yardage between the 20's this fall/winter, Kareem Hunt is probably a safe bet.

18 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Chubb is tier 1, Jones is tier 2, and Damien is tier JAG.

JAG = Just another guy. Please don't disprespect the term like that. Williams is far below just another guy. He's more like TRASH.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I wasn't comparing them. I was comparing their situations. It doesn't really matter how talented the #1 rb is by himself but rather in relation to his backup. To make my point, if Zeke and Saquon were in the same backfield do you believe Saquon would get all the work or would they split? Obvoiusly an extreme example. Do you believe the talent between Mixon and Bernard is less than Chubb and Hunt? Caus Mixon is averaging 60% of snaps. What about Kerryon and Ty Johnson? 

All I'm saying is you guys are convinced that Kareem Hunt will have no role but I'm not so sure and I traded. I'm off the Chubb wagon. I have no dog in this fight. One of you guys asked me if I could name 10 and I did. That's not me trying to delude myself, that's me explaining my thought process when challenged. 

image.png.487278f0690b8b044e2b92c5186c5360.png

These are the snap shares Chubb (bottom) had last year when Duke (top) was on the roster. It's is so inconceivable that Hunt can not get 75% of what Duke got?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It doesn't affect me anymore. Take it for what you will. But if thy end up splitting 65-35 come fantasy playoff time don't say it was hindsight bias when trying to explain it. 

You do have a dog in this fight. Your dog is the fact that you traded Chubb thus you are going to convince yourself that you made the right decision. It's human nature.

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I wasn't comparing them. I was comparing their situations. It doesn't really matter how talented the #1 rb is by himself but rather in relation to his backup. To make my point, if Zeke and Saquon were in the same backfield do you believe Saquon would get all the work or would they split? Obvoiusly an extreme example. Do you believe the talent between Mixon and Bernard is less than Chubb and Hunt? Caus Mixon is averaging 60% of snaps. What about Kerryon and Ty Johnson? 

All I'm saying is you guys are convinced that Kareem Hunt will have no role but I'm not so sure and I traded. I'm off the Chubb wagon. I have no dog in this fight. One of you guys asked me if I could name 10 and I did. That's not me trying to delude myself, that's me explaining my thought process when challenged. 

image.png.487278f0690b8b044e2b92c5186c5360.png

These are the snap shares Chubb (bottom) had last year when Duke (top) was on the roster. It's is so inconceivable that Hunt can not get 75% of what Duke got?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It doesn't affect me anymore. Take it for what you will. But if thy end up splitting 65-35 come fantasy playoff time don't say it was hindsight bias when trying to explain it. 

Even if Chubb gets 15 carries instead of 20 carries once Hunt comes back Chubb will still be a back end RB1. Not sure if you can trade him right now for anything better than that because everyone knows that Hunt is returning in a few weeks. It really depends on your league mates and how they view Chubb. If you can get Saquon, CMC, Kamara, DJ, Zeke, Cook, etc for Chubb I'd be willing to make the trade. Bell and Fournette I would consider it. But any less than that and you're probably losing value even with only a 65-70% snap share Chubb. 

I'm a Chubb owner that is slightly worried about Hunt's return. But I'm in a situation where my league mates probably don't view him as a top end RB1 ROS so the best course of action is to hold him rather than sell him at a huge discount.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Novaray said:

anyone holding through the bye?

I'm trying to trade him for Hunt since, well you know...

• Haha 1

Hunt returns to practice this week.  Any Chubb owners looking to acquire him.  I don’t think Hunt takes a meaningful amount of carries from Chubb but I fear he’s a potential TD vulture.  

1 minute ago, lla887 said:

Hunt returns to practice this week.  Any Chubb owners looking to acquire him.  I don’t think Hunt takes a meaningful amount of carries from Chubb but I fear he’s a potential TD vulture.  

He will probably vulture a couple.  But I doubt that role alone will be significant enough where you want to play him.

Hunt's value will be tied to Chubb's health I think.

• Like 2

I’m more worried about his week 8 matchup against the Pats than I am about Hunt. Though I’m sure Hunt will take some away from Chubb when he’s back. 

13 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

I’m more worried about his week 8 matchup against the Pats than I am about Hunt. Though I’m sure Hunt will take some away from Chubb when he’s back. 

This is the first time the Pats will play an offense that isn’t bottom 5.

Its a tough matchup for sure but with his volume he’s matchup proof.

33 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

This is the first time the Pats will play an offense that isn’t bottom 5.

Its a tough matchup for sure but with his volume he’s matchup proof.

They just flayed Sam Darnold alive on national TV. I fear for what they might do to Baker and the rest of the offense considering Baker hasn't looked great the last few weeks

I don't care who they're playing, including the Patriots defense. Obviously not an optimal matchup, but I rarely, if ever, bench my studs.

To win that game, they need to mimic the blueprint that was used against the Ravens.

Granted this coaching staff isn't the brightest bunch, but they have to realize to have a realistic shot at winning - then the offense needs to be run through Chubb.

Starting Chubb with confidence.

You guys really overvaluing this whole situation. Hunt is a top flight handcuff. That’s about it. As far as stealing goal line touches it’s not like Chubb wasn’t already getting vultured at the goal line on some plays and for sure on 3rd downs. All hunt does is replace those.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 1:11 AM, StevenSC400 said:

You guys really overvaluing this whole situation. Hunt is a top flight handcuff. That’s about it. As far as stealing goal line touches it’s not like Chubb wasn’t already getting vultured at the goal line on some plays and for sure on 3rd downs. All hunt does is replace those.

Chubb has demonstrated he’s not effective in the passing game. That’s where I feel Hunt comes into play. That’s why I feel Hunt will have at least flex appeal. 

7 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Chubb has demonstrated he’s not effective in the passing game. That’s where I feel Hunt comes into play. That’s why I feel Hunt will have at least flex appeal. 

He’s not effective lol? Says who? The browns don’t even really pass to any of their running backs. With the intended RB screen plays that I’ve seen he’s picked up chunk yardage. I have no idea what your seeing out there. The coaching staff is what’s holding the whole team back besides baker mayfield. He’s just not a good QB and needs to get better.

Edited by StevenSC400

8 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

He’s not effective lol? Says who? The browns don’t even really pass to any of their running backs. With the intended RB screen plays that I’ve seen he’s picked up chunk yardage. I have no idea what your seeing out there. The coaching staff is what’s holding the whole team back besides baker mayfield. He’s just not a good QB and needs to get better.

I mean you can do the math and compare him to other backs with limited targets. Even Derrick Henry makes more out of his catches. Tennessee behind Mariota is even worse.

Edited by FitzMagic

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean you can do the math and compare him to other backs with limited targets. Even Derrick Henry makes more out of his catches. Tennessee behind Mariota is even worse.

That play calling is horrendous. He can catch and run just fine if you’ve watched any of his games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

That play calling is horrendous. He can catch and run just fine if you’ve watched any of his games.

Yeah, if you think Hunt is gonna magically make screen blocking better for the Browns, you gotta another thing coming.

They need a new left tackle.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

God he’s gonna bust and get 10 points ain’t he?

10 points would be phenomenal against these guys.

It'll probably look like the SF game.

• Like 1

New England defense gonna swallow baker alive and go up 21-0 and then Cleveland will abandon the run and Chubb gets benched.

i can see <8 carries this week. 

Really hope im wrong need him badly this week

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBatum88 said:

New England defense gonna swallow baker alive and go up 21-0 and then Cleveland will abandon the run and Chubb gets benched.

i can see <8 carries this week. 

Really hope im wrong need him badly this week

They've played in some ugly football games this year and "abandon the run" has never entered the discussion.

A sub 16 carry day would be his first.

• Thanks 1

You’re obviously starting him this week, but I’m not expecting much. You’re basically hoping he gets a garbage time touchdown or breaks off a long run. If you’re looking for a positive, I did see that the weather forecast calls for showers. That can sometimes be a good thing for the run game by forcing them to run it more and making it an uglier, lower scoring game, so at least there’s that.