munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

57 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Everyone ranking the Browns production based off of last season are going to be surprised when it's better, worse or the same:lol:

I’ll be more surprised when it’s neither.

22 hours ago, psygolf said:

I’ll be more surprised when it’s neither.

200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c6771ad3766744e73

Hunt's the better 3-down RB IMO. Coming in fresh and hungry after 6 weeks (or whatever it ends up being), I think he feasts. And I rode Chubb to a few titles in 2018... I just side with the value here. The ADPs of both will be very interesting to follow this offseason

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, RotoStreetJournal said:

Hunt's the better 3-down RB IMO. Coming in fresh and hungry after 6 weeks (or whatever it ends up being), I think he feasts. And I rode Chubb to a few titles in 2018... I just side with the value here. The ADPs of both will be very interesting to follow this offseason

It'll be interesting to see how their RB situation shakes out. Who knows, they could end up trading Chubb 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

It'll be interesting to see how their RB situation shakes out. Who knows, they could end up trading Chubb 

Given the draft pick used and the contract 99.99999999999% sure that scenario won't happen  because chubb doesnt suck.

I envision you will see the freeman+coleman  type of setup if Hunt  returns  during the season. with chubb being the primary by default .

What will be interesting is what does Dorsey do in 2020 if he wants to keep both? 

32 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Trade a stud on a rookie contract, and pay Hunt next year?  Mkay.  Makes a lot of sense

4 minutes ago, kdko said:

Trade a stud on a rookie contract, and pay Hunt next year?  Mkay.  Makes a lot of sense

Well, Id rather have the better RB but who knows, its the browns

19 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

It still doesn't make sense to trade Chubb. They have Chubb locked down cheap for 3 more seasons. They could afford to pay Hunt after next season and still have Chubb locked up cheap for two seasons. They spent a 2nd rounder on Chubb. Unless they are getting back a 1st round draft pick there is no incentive to trade him with 2-3 years remaining on his rookie contract.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

It still doesn't make sense to trade Chubb. They have Chubb locked down cheap for 3 more seasons. They could afford to pay Hunt after next season and still have Chubb locked up cheap for two seasons. They spent a 2nd rounder on Chubb. Unless they are getting back a 1st round draft pick there is no incentive to trade him with 2-3 years remaining on his rookie contract.

Showcase chubb for the first 3-6 games and see what kind of offers you can get. Dorsey loves to trade anyway.

I definitely think its a long shot for sure but what else is there to talk about in February? lol

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Showcase chubb for the first 3-6 games and see what kind of offers you can get. Dorsey loves to trade anyway.

I definitely think its a long shot for sure but what else is there to talk about in February? lol

Chubb is already their center piece, so he doesn't need to be "showcased". It would take an amazing offer to trade a RB you just took in the 2nd round in his 2nd season. Unless the Colts are willing to offer a 1st again for a RB that is never happening.

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I think you're missing the point.  How much better is Hunt than Chubb, that he is worth paying out other than riding your solid RB on a rookie contract?  And I don't even agree with Hunt being that much Better than Chubb.  We'll see how he fares outside Reid's system. 

Edited by kdko

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Slow down champ he hasnt done anything studly yet. He had a decent rookie season with glimpses of potential but nothing that puts him in stud territory yet.:lol:

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I would bet on you see Hunt flipped before Chubb, dont forget as a RFA Browns get to tender him for a pick. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dashoe said:

Slow down champ he hasnt done anything studly yet. He had a decent rookie season with glimpses of potential but nothing that puts him in stud territory yet.:lol:

Decent?  He had 1150 yards from scrimmage, averaged 5.2 ypc and had 10 TD's in only 9 games started... Far from simply decent.  

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Decent?  He had 1150 yards from scrimmage, averaged 5.2 ypc and had 10 TD's in only 9 games started... Far from simply decent.  

FYI. . ypc is a flawed metric alone without context .. breida, kerryon,aaron jones,lindsay,gus edwards, ekeler had higher or equal ypc, so are you going to take any of them ahead of chubb and he was like #17 in yds from scrimmage

kamara rookie season= stud

hunt rookie season = stud

saquon rookie season= stud

So I stand by the view he had a decent year as a rookie but he wasnt a stud as you stated. 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

FYI. . ypc is a flawed metric alone without context .. breida, kerryon,aaron jones,lindsay,gus edwards, ekeler had higher or equal ypc, so are you going to take any of them ahead of chubb and he was like #17 in yds from scrimmage

So I stand by the view he had a decent year as a rookie but he wasnt a stud as you stated. 

He was at stud pace. If he had started the entire season he would have been a stud. Hunt and Saquon were full-time starters their entire rookie seasons. Kamara began early in the season as well and earned a large enough share of the backfield to be productive, even at a historic efficiency.

8 hours ago, devaster said:

He was at stud pace. If he had started the entire season he would have been a stud. Hunt and Saquon were full-time starters their entire rookie seasons. Kamara began early in the season as well and earned a large enough share of the backfield to be productive, even at a historic efficiency.

"IF" a lot of guys would be studs "if" a lot of things happened differently.

FYI kamara didnt get double digit touches until wk4 or 5 after AP was gone and even then he was a 15 touch per game rb.

My bar for "stud" is much higher than the average I guess :lol:

Not that I am betting on it, but one variable regarding why Cleveland might trade Chubb and keep Hunt is the fact that Chubb has a higher trade value/better market (for all the same reasons many have said to keep Chubb...rookie contract/charitable personality/no baggage.) :shrug:

^ this + the chance Hunt doesn't stick/gets traded are the two reasons I've contemplated trading for Chubb :ph34r: now, while the current owner may be willing to move on from a questionable situation. *I totally dig Chubb's talents, just not in a two headed backfield. :arghhh: **Personally, Duke is a non-variable in this equation.

I just don't really see CLE trading Chubb though. So, it comes down to how confident an owner is regarding Hunt not sticking or being traded, hence why I can't seem to pull the trigger and make an offer...

12 hours ago, dashoe said:

Not to mention that Chubb had 3 carries that combined for 200 yards and 3 TD.   I"m not saying he's bad but it does significantly skew his numbers.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Not that I am betting on it, but one variable regarding why Cleveland might trade Chubb and keep Hunt is the fact that Chubb has a higher trade value/better market (for all the same reasons many have said to keep Chubb...rookie contract/charitable personality/no baggage.) :shrug:

^ this + the chance Hunt doesn't stick/gets traded are the two reasons I've contemplated trading for Chubb :ph34r: now, while the current owner may be willing to move on from a questionable situation. *I totally dig Chubb's talents, just not in a two headed backfield. :arghhh: **Personally, Duke is a non-variable in this equation.

No one expected brandon cooks to be traded on his rookie contract. . but he was traded.  .twice. . :lol:

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

No one expected brandon cooks to be traded on his rookie contract. . but he was traded.  .twice. . :lol:

You were supposed to support my walking back from the edge...not encourage me to leap :lol:

• Haha 1