munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

The past two weeks the Browns have beaten some pretty good defensive clubs that were in that "if the playoffs started today" groups.

they also gave the Pats a pretty good fight up in Gilette ... was 17-10 heading into the 4th qtr, iirc. 

they were set up for a nice run to crawl back into the playoff hunt ... then Denver happened  🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Does sound like a bad scoring system.

Agree with the sentiment though....Chubb not catching any passes hurts.  And not getting a carry on first and goal at the one and having your QB sneak it instead also hurts.  

I guess I'm jsut old school but I'd have been pounding that ball with Chubb.  First of all, you've got to reward your RB that gets pounded all game by letting him hit paydirt on a play like that.  Second of all, I'd have wanted to get the monkey off my back from the bad taste left after last weeks game where they got stuffed down there.

And while Hunt isn't taking too much work, he also isn't helping things.  Hunt is getting almost all the third down work and we know he's plenty capable of running the ball well.

Chubb is still good but the arrow is definitely pointing down a bit as his ceiling isn't nearly what it was.

You guys keep talking about hunt. They are moving the ball! Before hunt they were stalling out on drives. Chubb wasn’t playing 3rd down much before anyway. There’s also a lot of 2 RB sets in which hunt is playing. There’s a few plays where both of them ended up splitting out at WRs. Hunt isn’t stealing any goal line TDs. The positive is Chubb should have more scoring chances and the bad is hunt steals a few more passing plays. To me 27 carries and goal line opportunities, getting a lead, ability to close out the game with the run is a huge positive. The positives to me outweighs the negatives. At worst it’s a wash. Idk how Chubb now falls outside the top 10 because hunt is stealing a few catches that he was losing to Hilliard before anyway. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The past two weeks the Browns have beaten some pretty good defensive clubs that were in that "if the playoffs started today" groups.

If 4 games of no TDs or two games with Hunt is fair play for sample size in analysis, than surely we can acknowledge that this team is also playing better, no?

The Titans are not without their flaws either. It's great that they beat KC in Mahomes first game back, and Tannehill has been playing well, but he has a long history of just being ok, the secondary had issues before and now they lost Malcom Butler, etc.

I think given the past two weeks they seem to be on equal footing.

i think the titans made the right adjustments to win games, namely QB change and i see too many games with the Browns where the same mistakes are made over and over again, namely questionable coaching, penalties, questionable QB play and a passing game not in sync.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

they also gave the Pats a pretty good fight up in Gilette ... was 17-10 heading into the 4th qtr, iirc. 

they were set up for a nice run to crawl back into the playoff hunt ... then Denver happened  🤔

True.  That game likely put the nail in the coffin to any playoff aspirations.  It's an inconsistent bunch with a bad line and questionable playcalling, I don't think anyone can argue that.

Just now, dashoe said:

i think the titans made the right adjustments to win games, namely QB change and i see too many games with the Browns where the same mistakes are made over and over again, namely questionable coaching, penalties, questionable QB play and a passing game not in sync.

Ok.  But at the end of the day, the past two weeks they put Ws on the board against teams that were in the top six in their conference record wise.  I think that has to count for something.

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys keep talking about hunt. They are moving the ball! Before hunt they were stalling out on drives. Chubb wasn’t playing 3rd down much before anyway. There’s also a lot of 2 RB sets in which hunt is playing. There’s a few plays where both of them ended up splitting out at WRs.

Hunt isn’t stealing any goal line TDs.

The positive is Chubb should have more scoring chances and the bad is hunt steals a few more passing plays. To me 27 carries and goal line opportunities, getting a lead, ability to close out the game with the run is a huge positive. The positives to me outweighs the negatives. At worst it’s a wash. Idk how Chubb now falls outside the top 10 because hunt is stealing a few catches that he was losing to Hilliard before anyway. 

You can't steal what isnt there 😂

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

9.2 points in full ppr is rb3 and flex numbers...and this is with him getting almost 30 touches. Not trying to piss anyone off...those are the numbers. Any back in the nfl getting 27 touches can muster 3.4 yards a carry against Pittsburgh

Who would you say is on the same level as Chubb? This should be interesting.

4 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

By their logic? Bilal Powell. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

All of them if given the same 27 touches. If Chubb was actually good, his thread would not have 85 pages yet here we are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

All of them if given the same 27 touches. If Chubb was actually good, his thread would not have 85 pages yet here we are.

Chubb is a beast, slow your roll. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah I'm not talking about who you'd take if every running back in the league got 27 touches.  If you want to talk that then you have to put them behind the Browns offensive line as well.  You say Chubb isn't that good for fantasy, who in fantasy would you say is on the same level as him right now with the touches they get and the team they're on.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

remind me.. who is leading the NFL in rushing?

5 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

By their logic? Bilal Powell. 

Trying to get him to actually name some names so we know how terrible his takes actually are.

Just now, fullonchubb said:

Yeah I'm not talking about who you'd take if every running back in the league got 27 touches.  If you want to talk that then you have to put them behind the Browns offensive line as well.  You say Chubb isn't that good for fantasy, who in fantasy would you say is on the same level as him right now with the touches they get and the team they're on.

In full ppr, guys like Ronald jones are putting up double the points of Chubb on less touches. Having a between the 20s, run only rb who cannot seem to make a play in the red zone is not good for fantasy. He is td dependent back now ie flex value in full ppr. I am not going to trade Chubb for rojo because I have too much draft capital in him because I listened to you guys.

IRL, Chubb is great. But then we aren't talking about real life. Most of us would take Chubb over a lot of players, irl. He's in my Top 5 for sure.

5 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

remind me.. who is leading the NFL in rushing?

How does that help in fantasy full ppr? Every other back is a dual threat so no need to rush up the middle. The game has changed for running backs in the nfl

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

IRL, Chubb is great. But then we aren't talking about real life. Most of us would take Chubb over a lot of players, irl. He's in my Top 5 for sure.

100% agree

This thread is a great litmus test on so many subjective observations on the game.

Here we have a guy who plays for what everyone has considered to be a disappointing outfit, heavily involved in the game plan and is running the ball for more yardage per game than anyone not named Christian McCaffrey.

Yet because of a variety of mitigating circumstances, their own personal expectations on his involvement in the passing game, a string of four games against good defenses that haven't allowed him to score, his backup, a guy who has touched the ball 23 times to his 47 the two games the backup has played in(yes, yes, more catches for the PPR crowd), but arrived with much fanfare and was held in a variety of leagues in spite of a half season suspension, it's horrendously biased to celebrate that the guy is waking up this morning as the NFL's leading rusher, and has had those 47 touches and produced great yardage totals against two good defenses, or have any optimism that they're playing the Bengals, Dolphins, Cardinals, and Ravens (a team he complied 165 yards and 3 TDs against earlier in the year) in 4 of the next five games.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

In full ppr, guys like Ronald jones are putting up double the points of Chubb on less touches.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I am not going to trade Chubb for rojo

Pick one. You can have it both ways but you just sound like an idiot.

Edited by fullonchubb
  • Haha 1

Just now, fullonchubb said:

Pick one.

Chubb, assuming he’s is healthy, because of schedule and draft capital. But Ronald jones will probably outscored him because he. An catch in full ppr 

1 minute ago, fullonchubb said:

Dr. Whom stirring up more bull crap.  Dude was literally adjusting his cup.

That’s great news...also a kittle owner who missed out on the cupcake zona matchup so was fearing the worst 

9 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Dr. Whom stirring up more bull crap.  Dude was literally adjusting his cup.

Lol, I don't take him seriously - he gets his injury reports from Joe Buck.

• Haha 2