munde53

Nick Chubb 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

a tale of two RB seasons, through their first 10 games:

player A:

205/1108/5.4 ypc/6 TDs, 29/155/0 - 234 touches, 1263 yds, 6 TDs ... 5.39 per touch. 

192 ppr points, 19.2 avg

player B:

201/1011/5.0 ypc/6 TDs, 27/166/0 - 228 touches, 1177 yds, 6 TDs ... 5.16 per touch. 

180 ppr points, 18.0 avg

player A with 86 more total yds, on 6 more touches ... same amount of TDs, roughly ONE ppg avg better than player B - are those numbers so widly disparate?

🤔

Player B is Nick Chubb this year. Player A is someone from last year. That’s all I’ve managed to figure out lol

Edited by Ryansm11

12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Player B is Nick Chubb this year. Player A is someone from last year. That’s all I’ve managed to figure out lol

Maybe not from last year actually. I give up lol

31 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

yep, player B is Chubb. 

going back to player A - in that season i cited above, he had 7 of 16 games under 100 yds rushing, and 7 games outta 16 without a TD, including five in a row. 

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yep, player B is Chubb. 

going back to player A - in that season i cited above, he had 7 of 16 games under 100 yds rushing, and 7 games outta 16 without a TD, including five in a row. 

Give me the year they played lol 

yep, player B is Chubb. 

Doesn't look like a real monster in the catch department either, huh?

17 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Give me the year they played lol 

he's still playing 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Doesn't look like a real monster in the catch department either, huh?

nope. 

and i see RBs compared to player A quite often, but, when you look at their respective traits, how they're utilized (or not, as in lack of passing game #s) in the offense, their overall awesomeness in simply running the football, well, Chubb is the best comparision i've ever seen - but i never see it mentioned 🤔

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

he's still playing 🤷‍♂️

nope. 

and i see RBs compared to player A quite often, but, when you look at their respective traits, how they're utilized (or not, as in lack of passing game #s) in the offense, their overall awesomeness in simply running the football, well, Chubb is the best comparision i've ever seen. 

I meant like give me the year that your data was based off of. So just looking at raw stats my assumption is that it’s AP. I couldn’t tell you what season however. 

Edited by Ryansm11

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's still playing 🤷‍♂️

nope. 

and i see RBs compared to player A quite often, but, when you look at their respective traits, how they're utilized (or not, as in lack of passing game #s) in the offense, their overall awesomeness in simply running the football, well, Chubb is the best comparision i've ever seen - but i never see it mentioned 🤔

2012 AD?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I meant like give me the year that your data was based off of. So just looking at raw stats my assumption is that it’s AP. I couldn’t tell you what season however. 

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

2012 AD?

yep, 2012 NFL MVP season Adrian Peterson. 

at this respective points of their seasons, only ONE ppg higher than Chubb. 

now, is Chubb gonna go peel off 150 per down the stretch to finish with 2k?  hell no..

conversely, was anyone calling AP a "flex" or fringe rb3 back in week 11 of 2012?

now, not comparing the overall seasons, just the first 10 games, and how "brand name" clouds people's perceptions. 

true, AP was coming off a major knee injury suffered in 2011 ... but, thru those first ten games, he was no more than an eyelash over Chubb's current #s. 

the closest modern day rb to prime AP is Chubb.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Catch numbers don’t line up with this though, unless I’m just looking at something wrong. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

now, is Chubb gonna go peel off 150 per down the stretch to finish with 2k?  hell no..

conversely, was anyone calling AP a "flex" or fringe rb3 back in week 11 of 2012?

now, not comparing the overall seasons, just the first 10 games, and how "brand name" clouds people's perceptions. 

true, AP was coming off a major knee injury suffered in 2011 ... but, thru those first ten games, he was no more than an eyelash over Chubb's current #s. 

Ah yes.  He was a second rounder that year for me coming off the ACL tear.

I remember all my bitter complaints.  🤣

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I mean chubb might rip off 150 a game lol I wouldn’t say hell no. He’s more then capable. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

I mean chubb might rip off 150 a game lol I wouldn’t say hell no. He’s more then capable. 

again, proving my point of just how similar, style wise, those two compare. 

• Like 1

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Well played Lars.

Of course, now you're gonna make me scan Chubb's interviews for child rearing techniques.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Best part about car sales, I get to spend half my day looking up vintage AP highlights lmao. They do compare well. Hopefully Chubb can hit a few more ceiling games. I think hunt is a blessing and a curse for him. 

8 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Best part about car sales, I get to spend half my day looking up vintage AP highlights lmao. They do compare well. Hopefully Chubb can hit a few more ceiling games. I think hunt is a blessing and a curse for him. 

further comparision ...

the Vikes went out and drafted Gearhead in the 2nd round after AP's rookie season ... they knew Peterson would never be a three down back - he ceded plenty of snaps to Toby in hurry up/2 min/ketchup mode. 

Chubb had Duke last year, Hilliard thru 8 weeks this year, and now Hunt. 

i do think Chubb is a much more skilled receiver than AP, and has even been flanked out on a few occasions- AP never quite grasped any kinda route tree nuance such as that ... any receptions he got were fire drill dumpoffs or designed screens. 

but, yeah, fwiw ... the "third down back who steals snaps" is another parallel in their games 🤷‍♂️

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Nice flex play we got according to some! And look hunt scored too! Lol. You full PPR people happy enough? Or is hunt still stealing too much?

Edited by StevenSC400

This offense has completely turned around since Hunt came back, the way they are using both to sustain drives might end up being a positive for Chubb overall.

He’s had big yardage in all the games with Hunt... if he got in the end zone the previous games (he had plenty of opportunities), then people wouldn’t be worried about the timeshare. He’s still at least a top 8 RB1 ROS.

On top of that, he’s just so much fun to watch IRL. Love this guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

This offense has completely turned around since Hunt came back, the way they are using both to sustain drives might end up being a positive for Chubb overall.

He’s had big yardage in all the games with Hunt... if he got in the end zone the previous games (he had plenty of opportunities), then people wouldn’t be worried about the timeshare. He’s still at least a top 8 RB1 ROS.

On top of that, he’s just so much fun to watch IRL. Love this guy.

Might also have to do with the schedule opening up.

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Might also have to do with the schedule opening up.

Today the opponent definitely had something to do with it for sure, but the last two weeks they did well against a couple of solid defenses in Buffalo and Pittsburgh.

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Today the opponent definitely had something to do with it for sure, but the last two weeks they did well against a couple of solid defenses in Buffalo and Pittsburgh.

How we feeling next week on the road? Seems like more of a floor game with the Steelers looking for blood I think...

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

How we feeling next week on the road? Seems like more of a floor game with the Steelers looking for blood I think...

I feel pretty good. Whether it’s Hodges or Rudolph, the Steelers will likely have a hard time sustaining drives, which means Chubb will likely get plenty of touches.

I don’t expect a huge day like today, but I could see something like 80 rush yards, 2/20 through the air and a 50% chance of TD.

• Like 1