Fantasy Gooroo

Christian McCaffrey 2019 Outlook

Just now, tim14125 said:

If Cam is out hopefully they start Kyle Allen and not Grier. I saw him play in preseason and he was god awful.

Allen is second on the depth chart so I assume that's who gets to ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Meh Cam wasnt playing well anyway. We'll see. The backups might be more likely to check down than Cam was. He had CMC in the flat a few times Thrusday and decided to throw contested/erratic mid to deep balls

I just think defenses are likely to sell out to stop McCaffrey now. Cam was playing extremely well most of last year (both running and passing), which obviously helped McCaffrey a lot. 

Even if the backups are better than Cam, defenses have to be saying, “stop McCaffrey at all costs. If Kyle Allen beats us through the air, so be it.” The Bucs dared Cam to beat them through the air and we saw that he couldn’t do that. Until someone proves they can, McCaffrey might struggle (similar to David Johnson last year)

I think I'm more worried about the offensive line at this point than I am the QB situation.  They were terrible on Thursday, though, TB through two games has shown they seem to be legit up front.

If Cam is out, hopefully this leads to lots of dump-offs, screens and swing passes to CMC.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NinerLifer said:

I think I'm more worried about the offensive line at this point than I am the QB situation.  They were terrible on Thursday, though, TB through two games has shown they seem to be legit up front.

If Cam is out, hopefully this leads to lots of dump-offs, screens and swing passes to CMC.  

That's my main hope, that although the efficiency will go down CMC could be looking at legit 30 touches in many games.

1 minute ago, griffin727 said:

That's my main hope, that although the efficiency will go down CMC could be looking at legit 30 touches in many games.

Can't get less efficient than last thursday night.

2 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Can't get less efficient than last thursday night.

Well I honestly think Kyle Allen can provide more than the corpse of Cam Newton. Plus he was open for a lot of dump offs but Cam decided to noodle arm passes ten feet from guys 20 years downfield instead.

Edited by griffin727
  • Like 2

I hope Cam takes a couple weeks off and gets his mind and body right. Otherwise he may as well retire. He looked asleep out there, maybe he was on some sedating medication or something. 

Let's see what Allen can do. Can't be any worse than last week. 

I feel it will be better.... more designed screens and dumpoffs to CMC

I hope Allen keeps the job. He moves the offense better than Cam and better for CMC. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2019 at 9:18 PM, ponchsox said:

I hope Allen keeps the job. He moves the offense better than Cam and better for CMC. 

Any worry of less catches with Cam out?

No question in my mind that drafting CMC was a great decision by Carolina. Forget the dogma about RB's low draft value, CMC is practically their entire offense. They would be completely dead in the water without him.

Own him in 0/5 leagues. I am sad about that.

Christian McCaffrey is on pace for 1,644 rushing yards, 100 receptions, 872 receiving yards, 16 TDs. LOL.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Having him is like having an extra WR2 spot on your team, makes up for duds from other players. I actually worry he’s being used TO MUCH. I mean how long can he keep this workload up reasonably?

18 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Having him is like having an extra WR2 spot on your team, makes up for duds from other players. I actually worry he’s being used TO MUCH. I mean how long can he keep this workload up reasonably?

Who knows.. but I wouldn’t change a thing. Great white buffalo.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Did it all year last year

He's such a fun player to watch too. The Panthers highlights are always my favorite NFL highlights to watch each Monday, and they are usually just a highlight reel for McCaffrey. Just when you think he is about to go down, he is seemingly always able to extend the play for a few more yards.

• Like 2

spacer.png

The NFL record for yards from scrimmage is 2509 set by CJ2K in 2009.

• Like 1