joebaker23

James Conner 2019 Outlook

Looked great and has proven that although he may not be as talented as Le’Veon Bell that he can still bring an elite level of production. Excited to see what this man can bring in 2019.

Letting the other guy draft Conner next year then watching closely what transpires.

Could be a fantasy monster or huge disappointment - time will tell. 

• Like 1

All depends on his ADP, and also if they draft another RB. I have a feeling Samuels will eat into his workload a bit on passing downs, but even considering that, if all else remains the same he'd be a low-end RB1.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

All depends on his ADP, and also if they draft another RB. I have a feeling Samuels will eat into his workload a bit on passing downs, but even considering that, if all else remains the same he'd be a low-end RB1.

In the Mike Tomlin era it has been proven that they love to use their #1 RB as their bellcow and it has been the recipe for elite fantasy numbers. I just can’t see Samuels eating into Conner’s workload (with the exception of an injury to Conner).

Edited by joebaker23

He is unfortunately going to be DND for me based on his use in the playoffs (especially if his ADP is first round). He started off getting tons of work but this coaching staff had him running 15 times to Ben throwing 50 times, even in tie games. Mind-numbingly dumb.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He is unfortunately going to be DND for me based on his use in the playoffs (especially if his ADP is first round). He started off getting tons of work but this coaching staff had him running 15 times to Ben throwing 50 times, even in tie games. Mind-numbingly dumb.

I wonder if all the work he had early was more about 'proving' what Conner could do and when it got into the crunch time of the season they just completely relied on Big Ben.  It also could have to do with wear and tear/injuries that he picked up along the way, not sure.

Def a DND for me next year but I am very interested to see how it shakes out. 

I feel like Samuels earned his way into a decent role behind Conner next year.  That's enough for me to slightly fade him.   Right now I'm guessing Conner is in the mix in PPR to go right after the obvious top 5.   It'll be a punch in the face for me if I just miss one of those 5 (maybe MGIII belongs there too) and am staring at Conner instead in a snake.    

I have him tagged as my 11th rd keeper for next year. I feel he will be a mid/high lvl RB1. Not much on that offense is going to change going into next year. I don't there are any lingering contracts for the OL either.

14 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I have him tagged as my 11th rd keeper for next year. I feel he will be a mid/high lvl RB1. Not much on that offense is going to change going into next year. I don't there are any lingering contracts for the OL either.

Outside of maybe AB not being there? :huh:

I think his ADP is going to be higher than I would like. I view him as peaking in 2018. View him as more of a borderline RB1 and high-end RB2. He isn't Bell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devaster said:

I think his ADP is going to be higher than I would like. I view him as peaking in 2018. View him as more of a borderline RB1 and high-end RB2. He isn't Bell.

I agree with the low end RB1 assessment.   I actually think that's where he'll end up going in most leagues.   Behind the top level RB1 and the handful of dominant WR. 

On 1/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, JohnD said:

I have him as my keeper for my 16th round pick... Could keep Chubb for my 9th round pick also but am def leaning Conner. 

2 hours ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

I have him as my keeper for my 16th round pick... Could keep Chubb for my 9th round pick also but am def leaning Conner. 

I'd lean Chubb over Conner personally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really have a hard time drafting a player after a breakout performance/chance, especially if I got him for low in said year. 

Don't know how the Steelers will look without Brown and as someone already said I feel like the high amount of usage at the beginning of the year could have been to show Bell that he is not unreplacable.

23 hours ago, DOOSH MAGOOSH said:

I passed on keeping a young TD at a mid-rd pick because I could keep Pickens (after his 17 td year) at a later pick...do not base your decision on the difference between the 9th-16th rd, keep the rb you think will perform. 

• Thanks 1

I'm waiting to see if there will be any changes made to the -oline before I put a value on Conner. If AB is traded this offense will look much different. he took a lot of pressure off of the run game and juju

Edited by dashoe

I will be in this thread for a while - acquired at a good price.

Situation in PIT is in flux and Conner did not finish on a high note.

He proved 2 things this year: 

• Capable of being elite
  • Can't finish/potentially injury prone

Time will tell but he will be the back to draft in PIT next yr.

I believe he showed he can be a top tier fantasy RB.  If they trade AB I know there is a huge cap hit for this year. Perhaps that solidifies Conner as they will have limited cap room to make moves and will need to address other issues. That could leave the RBs intact for next year. Of course I have him in dynasty so perhaps this is me trying to talk myself into Conner being elite. Guess we will find out. 

With the Steelers intending to trade Antonio Brown... how does this affect Conner’s outlook going forward? Offense will now be Conner, JuJu and Washington.

I am probably out on Conner.  He's a good player, but Big Ben and the Steelers abandoned the run for weeks at a time during different points in the season in 2018.  It is not working out too well when your fantasy team's no. 1 running back gets 9 carries in an entire game.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:00 AM, GreatScott! said:

I believe he showed he can be a top tier fantasy RB.  If they trade AB I know there is a huge cap hit for this year. Perhaps that solidifies Conner as they will have limited cap room to make moves and will need to address other issues. That could leave the RBs intact for next year. Of course I have him in dynasty so perhaps this is me trying to talk myself into Conner being elite. Guess we will find out. 

Whether they trade AB or not the cap is mostly unchanged. If they keep AB they still have a large portion of cap dedicated to AB. If they trade AB then they have to deal with the cap hit from the guaranteed money already paid.

7 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

With the Steelers intending to trade Antonio Brown... how does this affect Conner’s outlook going forward? Offense will now be Conner, JuJu and Washington.

I think this helps Jaylen Samuels out a lot. His NC State coach is now on staff, looks like a unique weapon they can deploy in many areas. I am buying Jaylen and selling Conner where I can. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

You want to take juju ahead of conners in any draft

DND with what's probably going to be top 10 ADP. 

His usage towards the end of the season was scary and I'm not willing to take the plunge. 

• Like 2