Sign in to follow this  
FF4life

Eli Manning 2019 Outlook

On 1/3/2019 at 11:16 AM, FF4life said:

Based on Dave Gettleman's 35 minute presser yesterday, Eli is the Giants 2019 starting QB.

Gettleman:

- blamed the Giants defense for the losses, admits the defense is bad, is ticked off they allowed the most points in the NFC East

- Said "I had a candid conversation with Eli. Eli then took me to the low post and won" - this speaks volumes.

- said the Giants had O-Line issues and that Eli was "running for his life" the 1st half of the season before they acquired RG Jamon Brown and stabilized the OL

- said Eli put up good stats considering (4300 yards, 66%, 7.5 YPA, 22 TDs, just 11 INTs)

- mentioned the Giants scored the most points in the NFC East

- talked about never reaching for a QB in the draft, and how it can set you back many years

He separated his shoulder reaching that hard.

Trade back from the 6 if you want Daniel ya dummy

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, FF4life said:

Based on Dave Gettleman's 35 minute presser yesterday, Eli is the Giants 2019 starting QB.

Gettleman:

- blamed the Giants defense for the losses, admits the defense is bad, is ticked off they allowed the most points in the NFC East

- talked about never reaching for a QB in the draft, and how it can set you back many years

So why did he pass on Allen the  undisputed best edge rusher in the draft and consensus best talent in the draft? 😆

Over under on games started by Eli Manning, for any team, from this point going forward:  1.5

BOLD PREDICTION:Manning to the Saints. Saints beat patriots in the superbowl. Manning retires and becomes the spokesperson for Dominos

Edited by Maxtap
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, dashoe said:

So why did he pass on Allen the  undisputed best edge rusher in the draft and consensus best talent in the draft? 😆

This team is a mess. You don’t keep Eli for his salary and take a quarterback at 6. It’s idiotic. The “mentor” crap is overrated too that’s what coaches are for. Should’ve done one or the other not both. Now they have a 20 million dollar player watching from the sidelines week 3 it’s unreal for a team that had a reputation for competence and 4 Super Bowls to their name.

It is finally time. Benching him for Geno Smith was one of the most idiotic decisions I ever saw made, but Jones lit up the pre-season and they drafted him to be the future. Time to move on. I can't see the Giants trading Eli to any competitive teams in the NFC.

• Like 3

Nobody's taking on that salary, even with the injuries around the league.    Giants would have to cut him and i think they'd only do that if he asked for it.     They'll be paying him either way, and everyone needs a second stringer, so let him hang around.   Maybe he starts the last home game or plays the second half and gets a sendoff or something

6 hours ago, BrianM said:

Nobody's taking on that salary, even with the injuries around the league.    Giants would have to cut him and i think they'd only do that if he asked for it.     They'll be paying him either way, and everyone needs a second stringer, so let him hang around.   Maybe he starts the last home game or plays the second half and gets a sendoff or something

I agree with this, Also I don't think the Giants care about paying him at all Mara is more than happy to pay him that salary one more year to be a backup and some type of sendoff. This year was always going to be a wasted year every logical Giant fan was aware of that, the entire defense is all rookies with no transcendent type of talent on the defense either. I don't know why people keep bringing up why did Giants pay him 17 million to bench him it really is irrelevant... whatever they were trying to sell in regards being competitive was nonsense this was always going to be a wasted year. This year you want growth from the defense even if that means marginal improvement week to week and Jones as well,  Gettleman and Shurmur will be legitmately judged by Mara in 2020.

Edited by NyZD

7 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

it’s unreal for a team that had a reputation for competence and 4 Super Bowls to their name.

Things starting unraveling when Coughlin left.

He should have taken over as GM. Gettleman is a trash GM.

Shurmur is not much above McAdoo. And i just triggered my self saying poo poo McAdoo.

8 hours ago, BrianM said:

Over under on games started by Eli Manning, for any team, from this point going forward:  1.5

Under. He's a backup QB right now. Which means he only starts if Jones gets hurt, he gets traded to a team that lost their starter (unlikely given his contract), or he continues his career as a backup beyond this season and the starter gets hurt (unlikely). Not saying it won't happen (see Minshew, Bridgewater, Rudolph, Falk, etc.). But I'd take the under on this one.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:16 AM, IDGAFOS said:

Calling 2nd year Baker the best QB OBJ's played with is a joke - I wish RW would source their additional comments.  Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Eli put up better numbers than Baker this year.

Eli on pace for a better season at this rate!