Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

If Kamara was on KC, Reid would start him next week and rush him up the middle every touch.

Glad he's out. Rest and come back strong. đź’Ş

This whole hiding the injury stinks.  This sounds like he is going to be out past their bye week.  Why are they hiding his injury.  A high ankle issue huh?  WTF.  And what is the knee injury.  All we here is he also has a knee injury.  What is it?

6 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

This whole hiding the injury stinks.  This sounds like he is going to be out past their bye week.  Why are they hiding his injury.  A high ankle issue huh?  WTF.  And what is the knee injury.  All we here is he also has a knee injury.  What is it?

No idea where you're getting that from lol. It seems to me like they smartened up and sat him this week after watching him play hurt last week.  

Edited by BlueDevils2202

Any type of high ankle sprain is a multi week injury.  And another injury to his knee on top of it.  That's where I'm getting my information from.

Considering a trade for Kamara so I came here to check if there’s any concern about this injury being more than they’re letting on, and apparently there’s concern from at least one person  . Anyone else?

I’m trying to trade for him on the assumption that he’s out through the bye, but not any more after that. What’s the level of concern here?

5 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Considering a trade for Kamara so I came here to check if there’s any concern about this injury being more than they’re letting on, and apparently there’s concern from at least one person  . Anyone else?

I’m trying to trade for him on the assumption that he’s out through the bye, but not any more after that. What’s the level of concern here?

We don't know, at most I'd say he's going to be out this week and next week and return 100% after the bye. Doesn't seem to be a serious high ankle sprain considering he played the rest of the game, doesn't even seem to be as serious as Tevin Coleman's was and he returned in 3 weeks which would be the same timeframe as Kamara if he returned after the bye. Having said that, we don't know and he could very well play next week. Don't read much into poster above, he seems to just be fear mongering.

8 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I traded for Kamara this week once I was able to get Murray off waivers. I got him with the anticipation of not having him through the bye week, but I probably wouldn’t have done it if I had been outbid for Murray. 

If you DON’T have Latavius, it’s prudent to go in expecting the worst, and treating the injury as a High Ankle Sprain (likely 4 weeks), so you know you might have to cover that spot for a bit.

The truth is, no one knows except the Saints what the expected timeline is. Peyton has historically been particularly secretive regarding injuries, so I think you just gotta follow practice reports and hope for the best.

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I traded for Kamara this week once I was able to get Murray off waivers. I got him with the anticipation of not having him through the bye week, but I probably wouldn’t have done it if I had been outbid for Murray. 

If you DON’T have Latavius, it’s prudent to go in expecting the worst, and treating the injury as a High Ankle Sprain (likely 4 weeks), so you know you might have to cover that spot for a bit.

The truth is, no one knows except the Saints what the expected timeline is. Peyton has historically been particularly secretive regarding injuries, so I think you just gotta follow practice reports and hope for the best.

I've tried your strategy in 2 of my leagues - picked up Murray and trying to acquire Alvin - however the Kamara owners seem oblivious to the potential severity of his injury so they are still expecting 99 cents on the dollar. Need more negative press before a true buy low opportunity arises.

6 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

I've tried your strategy in 2 of my leagues - picked up Murray and trying to acquire Alvin - however the Kamara owners seem oblivious to the potential severity of his injury so they are still expecting 99 cents on the dollar. Need more negative press before a true buy low opportunity arises.

Yeah, it’s tough because people have emotional attachment to their top 5 pick. This particular owner is 1-5 though, so that definitely changes the mindset.

21 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

I'm not sure this is necessarily the case. I mean, you seem to be aware of the potential severity of the injury, yet you're still trying to trade for him. So I think it's more so the owner sees to value of having him on a playoff roster more than whatever the regular season upgrade is from the "buy low" players. Especially where we don't really know the extent of the injury for sure yet.

Edited by Idoolittle

He better come back soon and play well, or he's going to be watching Zenner take all the early down work and be relegated to COP duties.

• Haha 2

On 10/18/2019 at 5:38 PM, Idoolittle said:

I'm not sure this is necessarily the case. I mean, you seem to be aware of the potential severity of the injury, yet you're still trying to trade for him. So I think it's more so the owner sees to value of having him on a playoff roster more than whatever the regular season upgrade is from the "buy low" players. Especially where we don't really know the extent of the injury for sure yet.

Agreed. I'd say hold onto Latavius and let the Kamara owner stew. Even if Latavius struggles against the Bears - which is likely, but not a definite - I'd be surprised if you see much of Kamara the following week and then it's a bye. If Latavius has a big game this week then the Kamara owner will be getting very nervous, and at the absolute worst you could sell him Latavius for something big. Essentially, if the Kamara owner is at risk of missing the playoffs you should be in a position of strength.

As an aside, I'm not really at risk of missing the playoffs yet I still jumped ship. Good luck everyone.

Latavious >>>>>> kamaa

Wow. Murray looked better than Kamara has all year. Guy is done as an rb1

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

Latavious >>>>>> kamaa

The least you can do is spell his name correctly for us to take your hot take serious. It’s Latavius 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, pepper11 said:

Latavious >>>>>> kamaa

says the guy who picked murray up off waivers this week

Edited by BlueDevils2202
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pepper11 said:

Latavious >>>>>> kamaa

Literally one of the stupidest things I’ve read on this board. I’m going to assume sarcasm. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 2

Just now, Flyman75 said:

Literally one of the stupidest things I’ve read on this board. 

Facts. At least spell his name right, goodness...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pepper11 said:

Latavious >>>>>> kamaa

So I should sell low?

2 hours ago, pepper11 said:

Latavious >>>>>> kamaa

Latavius owner entering the Kamara thread.

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, pepper11 said:

Latavious >>>>>> kamaa

Murray looked great, but AK is still the RB1 here.  The Saints appear on a mission to a SB appearance, both running, passing, defense are playing great.  I'm thinking AK rests up next week and the bye and returns 100% the following week.

Next week Against the terrible Cardinals d at home? They are going to rest kamara again next week. We won't see him again until week 10

Hopefully there will be clarity regarding his status. I need the clear "lead back" against the Cards because of byes.

If Kamara is back this week and Brees we should all be enjoying a much better fantasy output.

Drew Brees (thumb) plans to resume practicing this week.

Brees has resumed throwing and appears to be in the final stages of his recovery from last month's thumb surgery. The future Hall of Famer "hopes" to return against the Cardinals in Week 8 but wouldn't fully commit, telling ESPN Saints reporter Mike Triplett "we'll see" based on how the week unfolds. The Saints have yet to lose with Teddy Bridgewater under center (5-0) and have a bye scheduled for Week 9. Brees and fellow offensive juggernaut Alvin Kamara (ankle/knee) appear to be eyeing Week 8 returns, though New Orleans may opt to play it safe by keeping both out through the Week 9 bye.

10 hours ago, FootballOutsider said:

Imagine what Kamara would’ve done with 32 touches in this game. Hopefully he’s back soon. 

Cant imagine this because the Saints would not give Kamara 32 touches if Murray was out. They never did when Ingram was out last year. And now, just one game with Kamara out and Murray tops Kamara's career high. And with Murray playing, Kamara looking like 1B change of pace with 10 a game.

• Haha 1