Gohawks

Alvin Kamara 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, jjbooda said:

As to the committee, I own both and hope it is a Kamara ingram split.  Problem is this week in a must win, unsure I can roll then both without seeing it first.

I don't get this. WHy would u want a split. I'd rather have 1 RB slot get the majority of the production than have to use 2 slots for 50% each

Anyone concerned with his limited return to practice today?  Or are they just easing him back in?

45 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Anyone concerned with his limited return to practice today?  Or are they just easing him back in?

Not a huge fan of it. If he was fully healthy there would be no reason to limit him.

5 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I don't get this. WHy would u want a split. I'd rather have 1 RB slot get the majority of the production than have to use 2 slots for 50% each

Last year both Kamara and ingram were starters.  Kamara was an RB1 and ingram was an RB2/flex.  Of course I want to be able to play both rather than have murray as a cuff.   It is not a 50:50 split but the split is enough to get murray a workload to be playable.

7 hours ago, jjbooda said:

These forums crack me up.  Kamara missed two games because of an ankle injury.  He played five games with basically half of the play book available because brees got hurt.  Murray comes in and does what he supposed to during the two games and everyone wants to crown him the lead back.  Say what you want about Kamara’s value relative to ADP but Murray was a late round flyer on draft day.  Hard to believe people believe that Peyton will tell Kamara, nah we good bro...your taking a backseat now.

As to the committee, I own both and hope it is a Kamara ingram split.  Problem is this week in a must win, unsure I can roll then both without seeing it first.

I really want to post a Denny Green meme right now, but every time I try to put in anything but a link it says the file's too big...

1 hour ago, boredster said:

Not a huge fan of it. If he was fully healthy there would be no reason to limit him.

Cynthia friedland says he's pretty much 100%

28 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Cynthia friedland says he's pretty much 100%

Who's Cynthia Freidland?  Alvin's girlfriend?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Is anyone starting Kamara and Murray? Will the offense be stoked hot enough to sustain both as top options?

In a half PPR league I'm strongly considering starting both.  It's either Murray or Mixon as my RB2.  Mixon should definitely get more touches than Murray, but the question is how good those touches will actually be.  I think Murray has a better chance of seeing goal line carries or turning a dump off pass into a long gain.  

The thing about the Kamara/Murray split is that we have a very small sample size of what the split will be like when Brees is under center.

1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I really want to post a Denny Green meme right now, but every time I try to put in anything but a link it says the file's too big...

Insert the gif from URL, it allows any size.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Is anyone starting Kamara and Murray? Will the offense be stoked hot enough to sustain both as top options?

I am, but i'm decimated at RB and have Fournette on a bye.  Murray looks like a better bet in standard leagues than plugs like McKissic or whoever plays RB for Miami or the Jets this week.  Hopefully both Kamara and Murray can give owners good weeks vs the Falcons.

Most entertaining player in the league next to Lamar, CMC, Saquan......confidently starting Kamara + Murray

11 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

dennis-green.jpg?w=351&h=263

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would not think much about the limited tag yesterday, they are just making sure he is really rested up for this stretch run and saints do not actually practice on Wed...it is a light walk-thru day. These div games with ATL is the cliche 'toss-the-records-out' battles. I know ATL has been suddenly better at defending pass catching backs, but some of that is contextual, I bet AK gets at least 8 targets and turns them into some highlights.

Yuck. Blurb came out about Payton saying he expects him to play. 

Guy had two weeks off and is still feeling it? Worst case scenario right now. Might be looking at something he's going to be dealing with all season if they keep playing him. 

I've mentioned this before and I don't get it.  What is his injuries.  All they say is knee and some kind of ankle injury.  If the injury was so bad, why the hell did they play him in week 6.  So frustrating.

7 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Yuck. Blurb came out about Payton saying he expects him to play. 

Guy had two weeks off and is still feeling it? Worst case scenario right now. 

Well....not ideal, but certainly not the WORST scenario. 

1 minute ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Well....not ideal, but certainly not the WORST scenario. 

I'd rather him be out (only because I also own Murray) than be hobbled and in and out of games. 

9 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I've mentioned this before and I don't get it.  What is his injuries.  All they say is knee and some kind of ankle injury.  If the injury was so bad, why the hell did they play him in week 6.  So frustrating.

It was likely a high ankle sprain in Week 6, which has a 4-6 week recovery timeline.