Gohawks

Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

hahahahahahahahha

 

that's the perfect gif. how quickly the trajectory of the jaguars plummeted. for shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You think they would have learned their lesson with Gus Bradley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darrell Bevell was a fine play caller in Seattle.  He was scapegoated by a team that decided to give dinosaur minded Offensive Line Coach full control over offensive line moves.  And how did that work out?  It worked out in a league worst way.  Tom Cable’s scheme is dead.  

 

Nobody liked Schottenheimer when he was hired.  In fact Seahawks were ripped to shreds for hiring another retread after week 2 loss to Bears.  But Mike Solari brought the line together with real talent finally, DJ Fluker, Duane Brown etc.  And then passing game developed as it should of in a complimentary role the same way it did under Darrell Bevell when he was in Seattle when they had good ground game.

 

And in fact if you want to dig EVEN FURTHER the biggest reason Bevell was crushed in Seattle was because people came up with this theory that he couldn’t get Jimmy Graham the ball or utilize this horrid f***** loser the ball.  Well in GB this year under everyone’s favorite excuse making, god QB, Aaron Rodgers, this f***** loser Jimmy Graham STILL COULDNT get the ball.

 

There was literally nothing ever wrong with Darrell Bevell.  Teams would be smart to hire him.  Brett Favre said he’s one of best coordinators he worked with, he developed Russell Wilson from a 3rd round pick into an all pro hall of fame QB.  Darrell Bevell is a very good play caller.  Don’t pin the SB play call squarely on him that goes through the head coaches ear set.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Seahawks in points per game under Bevell:

 

2011: 23rd

2012: 9th

2013: 8th

2014: 9th

2015: 8th

2016: 17th

2017: 12th

 

4 straight top 10 finishes in midst when Tom Cable was drafting college football players to play LT in his first season playing football in years, drafting left handed college defensive lineman in Drew Nowak to play center and be a complete abortion.  Take a guy in Ifedi who never played pro style offense and toss him out on an edge in rookie year and sophomore year to get feasted on with zero adjustments, not to mention having to the biggest f***** loser TE in nfl history blocking wise in Jimmy Graham staying around to “try” and block.  All these things will often lead to your offense being stuck in neutral.  

 

Everyone always says Darrell Bevell sucks.  Then references a SB play in which he didn’t have full anatomy on play over.  You can’t lump an entire tenure into one play.  He was never an issue in Seattle.  It was always Tom Cable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Tom Cable’s scheme is dead.  

 

58 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Tom Cable was drafting college football players to play LT in his first season playing football in years, drafting left handed college defensive lineman in Drew Nowak to play center and be a complete abortion.

 

58 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

He was never an issue in Seattle.  It was always Tom Cable.


OK, but don't hold back, tell us how you really think about Tom Cable? :)

 

BTW, I understand Cable's hand is also visible in the following:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/inside-the-amazing-transformation-of-george-fant-from-college-power-forward-to-starting-left-tackle-for-the-seahawks/

Quote

(...)the Seahawks, anyway, who in recent seasons have turned a college tight end who was an undrafted free agent into a starting right tackle within two years (Garry Gilliam) and converted a college defensive lineman into a starting guard within a year (J.R. Sweezy) among other seemingly unlikely success stories.

Still, even by the Seahawks’ leave-no-stone-unturned standards, Fant’s story is unique.

It’s one that’s been told a few times now.

How Fant, who hadn’t played football since eighth grade, decided after his final basketball season at Western Kentucky University in 2015 to take a stab at a football career after determining that if he wanted to make money in basketball he’d probably have to go overseas.

 

You are the fan, and I have no idea so please help me: is that somewhat accurate, and were they actually a success?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

This organization is easily becoming the next Cleveland Browns. Their GM is pathetic and so is Tom Coughlin.

Their GM put together a team that just went to the AFC Championship.  If anything Coughlin's drafting is what's tearing this team down.  Taven Bryan and D.J. Chark?  Thanks Coughlin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

 

 


OK, but don't hold back, tell us how you really think about Tom Cable? :)

 

BTW, I understand Cable's hand is also visible in the following:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/inside-the-amazing-transformation-of-george-fant-from-college-power-forward-to-starting-left-tackle-for-the-seahawks/

 

You are the fan, and I have no idea so please help me: is that somewhat accurate, and were they actually a success?

 

 

Fant was the backup in rookie year to Bradley Sowell — who was Tom Cable’s grooming project that offseason to be a total loser at LT.  Somehow Tom Cable’s backup plan was drafting a college basketball player at LT — actually sorry it was drafting a massive bust in 3rd round in Rees Odiambo.  Usually these guys sit for a year or 2 and gain experience. Tom Cable had a strict zone blocking scheme.  He failed to ever adapt.  Mike Solari has come in and run some power and zone and gave teams different looks.  It’s been so refreshing seeing somebody who can develop talent again. 

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Darrell Bevell was a fine play caller in Seattle.  He was scapegoated by a team that decided to give dinosaur minded Offensive Line Coach full control over offensive line moves.  And how did that work out?  It worked out in a league worst way.  Tom Cable’s scheme is dead.  

 

Nobody liked Schottenheimer when he was hired.  In fact Seahawks were ripped to shreds for hiring another retread after week 2 loss to Bears.  But Mike Solari brought the line together with real talent finally, DJ Fluker, Duane Brown etc.  And then passing game developed as it should of in a complimentary role the same way it did under Darrell Bevell when he was in Seattle when they had good ground game.

 

And in fact if you want to dig EVEN FURTHER the biggest reason Bevell was crushed in Seattle was because people came up with this theory that he couldn’t get Jimmy Graham the ball or utilize this horrid f***** loser the ball.  Well in GB this year under everyone’s favorite excuse making, god QB, Aaron Rodgers, this f***** loser Jimmy Graham STILL COULDNT get the ball.

 

There was literally nothing ever wrong with Darrell Bevell.  Teams would be smart to hire him.  Brett Favre said he’s one of best coordinators he worked with, he developed Russell Wilson from a 3rd round pick into an all pro hall of fame QB.  Darrell Bevell is a very good play caller.  Don’t pin the SB play call squarely on him that goes through the head coaches ear set.

 

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

 

Seahawks in points per game under Bevell:

 

2011: 23rd

2012: 9th

2013: 8th

2014: 9th

2015: 8th

2016: 17th

2017: 12th

 

4 straight top 10 finishes in midst when Tom Cable was drafting college football players to play LT in his first season playing football in years, drafting left handed college defensive lineman in Drew Nowak to play center and be a complete abortion.  Take a guy in Ifedi who never played pro style offense and toss him out on an edge in rookie year and sophomore year to get feasted on with zero adjustments, not to mention having to the biggest f***** loser TE in nfl history blocking wise in Jimmy Graham staying around to “try” and block.  All these things will often lead to your offense being stuck in neutral.  

 

Everyone always says Darrell Bevell sucks.  Then references a SB play in which he didn’t have full anatomy on play over.  You can’t lump an entire tenure into one play.  He was never an issue in Seattle.  It was always Tom Cable.

Few things. First off, in most of those years they had a pro bowl QB, a pro bowl RB, and one of the best defensive units ever to give them the ball. Second, he wasn't scapegoated. He was never a good coordinator and it was obvious by watching the terrible play calling. I agree Cable was a bigger issue but Bevell was part of the problem as well. The play calling made absolutely no sense at tines, was extremely inconsistent, and was often straight baffling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

 

Few things. First off, in most of those years they had a pro bowl QB, a pro bowl RB, and one of the best defensive units ever to give them the ball. Second, he wasn't scapegoated. He was never a good coordinator and it was obvious by watching the terrible play calling. I agree Cable was a bigger issue but Bevell was part of the problem as well. The play calling made absolutely no sense at tines, was extremely inconsistent, and was often straight baffling. 

It became baffling when the offensive line went to straight s***.  Even after Lynch went down, and Rawls came in, Russell Wilson went on one of the best runs in nfl history stats wise for a stretch.  I fully 100% believe this offense was stalled out by Tom Cable and his stubbornness to make Jimmy Graham a blocking TE, and Jimmy Graham as a whole.  Bevell got crushed in this town for not getting Jimmy the ball.  As we saw in GB this year with a QB everyone and their mom double jerks off he had an even worse year than all years in Seattle.  When Graham blew out his Achilles he was toast.  He was done at the point, he never came close to being same player again.  And people in this town still cried that Bevell couldn’t get him the ball.  Hysterical.

 I bet Bevell works out same way Schottenheimer this year in Seattle for a team.

Edited by Cmilne23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

It became baffling when the offensive line went to straight s***.  Even after Lynch went down, and Rawls came in, Russell Wilson went on one of the best runs in nfl history stats wise for a stretch.  I fully 100% believe this offense was stalled out by Tom Cable and his stubbornness to make Jimmy Graham a blocking TE, and Jimmy Graham as a whole.  Bevell got crushed in this town for not getting Jimmy the ball.  As we saw in GB this year with a QB everyone and their mom double jerks off he had an even worse year than all years in Seattle.  When Graham blew out his Achilles he was toast.  He was done at the point, he never came close to being same player again.  And people in this town still cried that Bevell couldn’t get him the ball.  Hysterical.

 I bet Bevell works out same way Schottenheimer this year in Seattle for a team.

First off, Graham has been a bum for some time now. The issue isn’t that Cable didn’t convert him because Graham is extremely soft. Cable just sucked at his job overall. However, that doesn’t excuse Bevell. Just go watch entire games and see that dumb play calling. It has nothing to do with Graham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Their GM put together a team that just went to the AFC Championship.  If anything Coughlin's drafting is what's tearing this team down.  Taven Bryan and D.J. Chark?  Thanks Coughlin.

Coughlin had a hand in their draft last season that took them from worst to first. Fournette is there solely because of Coughlin. And he was a big reason for the turnaround the season before. In addition to some of the FA pickups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, devaster said:

Coughlin had a hand in their draft last season that took them from worst to first. Fournette is there solely because of Coughlin. And he was a big reason for the turnaround the season before. In addition to some of the FA pickups.

Last years draft had nothing to do with the Jaguars success last season.  They won with defense and they were 3-0 without Fournette.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

They need to get rid of bortles, yuck

Yup. I was really surprised they re-signed him to a short-term extension last season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Their GM put together a team that just went to the AFC Championship.  If anything Coughlin's drafting is what's tearing this team down.  Taven Bryan and D.J. Chark?  Thanks Coughlin.

Their GM signed players because his has a ton of cap. Jaguars GM Caldwell has been awful.

 

He’s also missed on every first rounder except Ramsey (which was a no brainer).

 

Bortles+Joeckel+Fowler+Fournette+Bryan= Caldwell keeping his job. Now we can get excited to see which quarterback Caldwell decides on. Rest assured it will be the wrong one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what happens to the Jags’ offense? Coughlin calls out Fournette and Yeldon, and speculation started that Fournette would be finding a new address in 2019. And isn’t Yeldon a free agent? Would that make Hyde their lead back? Blech.

Surely they’ll just keep Fournette. Bortles sucks...the Jags’ WRs suck. Bevell may be solid, but he’s not a miracle worker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

He’s also missed on every first rounder except Ramsey (which was a no brainer).

That may be true but there are more rounds than the 1st lol

 

He drafted Telvin Smith, Allen Robinson, Marquise Lee, Yannick Ngakoue, Aaron Colvin, Brandon Linder, Cam Robinson, Leonard Fournette, Jalen Ramsey.

 

He's definitely not the worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 12:51 AM, RMJ_12 said:

Their GM put together a team that just went to the AFC Championship.  If anything Coughlin's drafting is what's tearing this team down.  Taven Bryan and D.J. Chark?  Thanks Coughlin.

Where is Robinson??? Caldwell is a failure of a a GM. You're the only Jaguar fan that likes Caldwell running this franchise. I know alot of Jaguar fans and everyone wants Coughlin and Caldwell out of Jacksonville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Where is Robinson???

Just absolutely dominating for the Bears right now.

 

12 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

You're the only Jaguar fan that likes Caldwell running this franchise.

I was fine with Caldwell running the team.  The drafting went downhill after Coughlin took over decision making.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

Just absolutely dominating for the Bears right now.

 

I was fine with Caldwell running the team.  The drafting went downhill after Coughlin took over decision making.

Lol. Okay man whatever floats your boat. Speaking of boats... Blake Boatles was so deserving of an extension too, huh? Oh my bad that was Coughlin choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

The Bears. Not the Jaguars.

Didn't catch the sarcasm, did you?

 

He didn't do squat this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...