Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Where will owners be willing to draft him? He left many owners high and dry in 2018. I imagine he can be had for a discount. Concerns will be: Was he a system back? He hasn’t played in a year? Is he motivated by more than money? Can he be trusted once he gets paid? Is Leveon Bell truly who we thought he was?

He won't be a threat to miss time or sit out for the next few years. It all depends on where he ends up.

Barring an insane dip in ADP, I won't be touching this cat.  Too much risk.  Every concern/question you posed in the OP is legitimate.

And for those reasons, I am OUT.

• Like 3

I feel that only a bad team will be the one to truly give him the megadeal he's after.   Sure, a few good teams have cap space, but i think those teams are good in part because they've avoided moves like this.    It'll be hard enough to buy into Bell no matter where he goes, as he's a bit rusty, and learning a new offense to boot.  It'll be even harder if he's on a dysfunctional franchise, such as the Raiders.    .     

50 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Barring an insane dip in ADP, I won't be touching this cat.  Too much risk.  Every concern/question you posed in the OP is legitimate.

this.  

This outlook is pretty much impossible to determine until he gets a new team. I’m likely not a fan of his TBD ADP but a lot of people are down on him so if he somehow slips to the late second I’m in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Where will owners be willing to draft him? He left many owners high and dry in 2018. I imagine he can be had for a discount. Concerns will be: Was he a system back? He hasn’t played in a year? Is he motivated by more than money? Can he be trusted once he gets paid? Is Leveon Bell truly who we thought he was?

I do believe in his talent and do believe he can be a top 5 RB again.  But you are correct with a lot of questions.

No guarantee he ends up as the Bell cow.  He might but we don't know that and what happens if he goes to a team where the coach wants to RBBC?

No doubt the system in Pitts is great for RBs and is one reason why he was able to succeed. But if he goes to the right team he could do it again.

The big question is value and where his ADP ends up.  I might be looking to buy in keeper leagues if there is a person who is unsure. Maybe can get him for "cheap" on the dollar - even though come September he might not be a top 5-10 RB. So much can change but it might be worth putting some feelers out in keeper leagues.

Either the Jets or Raiders,  in that case,  I am not touching this guy. If he somehow ends up in Indy, we can talk. Still pissed that I picked him to honor my late grandfather and he did that. At least I won the league 

he will probably be motivated next year

prob could do worse as your RB2 considering the wasteland RB2-3 has become

2 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12240324

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Bell gets his wish and plays in Indy, I will take him 1st rd with no problem

• Like 1

Can't rule out Dan Synder signing him either. There are a good amount of teams he could go to and still be worth a 1st round pick.

As others have said, it's hard to have this discussion until we know where he ends up.  Off the top of my head and no matter where he ends up I don't think I'd take him before any of Gurley/Barkley/CMC/Zeke/Kamara/Gordon/Connor.  If you factor some WRs into the mix as well I don't think I'd be willing to take him until somewhere in the 2nd.  If it's the late 2nd and he's still there then I might be willing to take the chance, but I don't think he'll fall far enough to where I'd want to take the chance.  Indy or Houston would be great but I'm not sure any other offense would be better than what he had in Pittsburgh.

Like I said though it's hard to have this discussion until we know where he ends up.

I'd pick him first overall if he signed with the Chiefs. They should look to acquire him if they had the cap space (and if they don't, they should dump Watkins' bad contract in order to make it happen)

Depending on what team he ends up signing with, if he is available for my pick at 12/13 then I will consider him depending on who is gone/available at that point.   In my auction league I will take him as my RB2 if the price is right. 

4 hours ago, devaster said:

Can't rule out Dan Synder signing him either. There are a good amount of teams he could go to and still be worth a 1st round pick.

Why would Snyder sign him? 

3 hours ago, fachowski said:

I'd pick him first overall if he signed with the Chiefs. They should look to acquire him if they had the cap space (and if they don't, they should dump Watkins' bad contract in order to make it happen)

The Chiefs don't need to take on a contract like Bell's to find a successful RB. I wouldn't go anywhere near him if I were KC. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

The Chiefs don't need to take on a contract like Bell's to find a successful RB. I wouldn't go anywhere near him if I were KC. 

Why shouldn't they? He would make their topflight offense even more explosive. If you're gonna shell out 20m on a skill position player, might as well be bell as opposed to Watkins.

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Because that is what he does?

So it's settled  Bell-> Conners->dangelo->samuels

Pitt is great at acquiring rb talent and maximizing it in their system. 

Dude will be a rb1 next season in ppr because he is an every down rb who can also line up as a wr

He's totally gonna be a Raider next year.  

He probably will also put up a ton of fantasy points on that team because they literally have nothing else.   Mildly interested if he signs in Oakland, if he goes to NYJ it will depend on the new coach/OC. 

18 hours ago, Gohawks said:

This outlook is pretty much impossible to determine until he gets a new team. I’m likely not a fan of his TBD ADP but a lot of people are down on him so if he somehow slips to the late second I’m in. 

You are going to use a 2nd round pick on this turd?  The second round is a pretty good place to select a team cornerstone.  I am thinking 7th round is about as high as I would go for Bell.