Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Bell is a dead man walking in terms of being a viable fantasy running back.  When a player has a coach and acting GM who are the same person and they don't like that player, future dim.

2 hours ago, devaster said:

Don't really see how it affects Bell. He is going to be there for the next few seasons because of the guaranteed money. Gase is going to have to use him whether he likes it or not.

Gase definitely doesn't value the RB position on a team though. He would have preferred a committee of cheaper backs.

because he really made miami into an offensive powerhouse with cheap rb's?😂

I still wonder why the jets even hired him.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell is a dead man walking in terms of being a viable fantasy running back.  When a player has a coach and acting GM who are the same person and they don't like that player, future dim.

Cant wait to watch a league mate draft him like hes still a top 5 back tho

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Don't worry about all of the misses just keep shooting and you will eventually be right about the outcomes of bell+AB. 😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Don't worry about all of the misses just keep shooting and you will eventually be right about the outcomes of bell+AB. 😂

I'll tell you what.  You pay up for Bell this year, I will stay away, and we can keep a running tally of who is laughing the hardest.

• Like 1

I don't know what to make of Bell this year, but I don't think he will be on any of my teams.  The Jets OL scares me too much.  I don't think it will be a good combo with his patient running style.  He will still get his receiving side, but I just don't think the Jets are going to be good this year.  Will the possibility of a lot of garbage time receptions and check downs make up for the worse team and bad OL?  I would guess no, but it's possible.  He could end up being great in PPR, but for me the possibility of that outcome is not worth his current price.  He seems to be valued all over the place, so I expect him to be drafted at the end of round 1 or beginning of round 2, while I probably wouldn't go near him until the end of round 2 at the earliest.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

wow There’s really a debate going on that averaging ~5 ypc is backup numbers? I must be watching the wrong rbs

I guess guys like Ekeler are all time backs then huh? ;). No one ever said "Averaging 5yds a carry are back up numbers." It's not that black and white.

Context is important man. I'll go on thinking guys with small sample sizes like Ekeler aren't all time RBs and best suited as an effective change of pace/back up while some of you go on thinking that since he had 5 yards per carry, he's an all time great.

Funny stuff.

For me this is now a case of "what can reasonably go wrong here?" and there's just way too much i dont like about this situation, especially if he's costing a first round pick.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I'll tell you what.  You pay up for Bell this year, I will stay away, and we can keep a running tally of who is laughing the hardest.

I have no  fantasy interest in bell simply because I don't have an interest in the jets team and the HC running it

Good offenses generally produce predictable output for fantasy players and bad offenses produce volatile results

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I have no  fantasy interest in bell simply because I don't have an interest in the jets team and the HC running it

Good offenses generally produce predictable output for fantasy players and bad offenses produce volatile results

Then join me in throwing excrement on Le'Veon Bell's fantasy outlook.  What a fun pastime!

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Not sure that is accurate. Pats always have a good offense, as well as one of the most frustrating, fantasywise. Teams like the Cowboys or something that have a lot of bad players and no QB, so they feed Zeke, leading to consistent results.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The GM who gave all that money to Le'Veon Bell has now been fired, and rightly so.  It was by far the dumbest move made by any NFL team so far in 2019.  And this is a league with the Dolphins, Raiders, Cardinals, and Bucs in it!

Hey now......some of us are fans of those franchises.  No need to throw stones and belittling taunts in this thread.

Besides all are under new regimes now.  It will be interesting to see if someone surprises and makes the playoffs.    

4 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Cant wait to watch a league mate draft him like hes still a top 5 back tho

Well, that will be me

3 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

I guess guys like Ekeler are all time backs then huh? ;). No one ever said "Averaging 5yds a carry are back up numbers." It's not that black and white.

Context is important man. I'll go on thinking guys with small sample sizes like Ekeler aren't all time RBs and best suited as an effective change of pace/back up while some of you go on thinking that since he had 5 yards per carry, he's an all time great.

Funny stuff.

I rushed through these posts and misunderstood. Agree with you, Ekeler benefits from being a backup. Think someone said 4.8 was good for a backup or something like that. Should’ve quoted 

58 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Not sure that is accurate. Pats always have a good offense, as well as one of the most frustrating, fantasywise. Teams like the Cowboys or something that have a lot of bad players and no QB, so they feed Zeke, leading to consistent results.

dallas has a decent QB, an above average o-line and a talented rb despite the failings of the coaching staff with gameplans. 

pats had gronk+edelman+welker+brady have been studs in fantasy in any given year, it's the rb's who have been frustrating to own

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

I hate green uniforms: jets, eagles, packers...can’t own any of them.  

The last player that wore green that I rooted on was Wilbert Montgomery.

43 minutes ago, dashoe said:

dallas has a decent QB, an above average o-line and a talented rb despite the failings of the coaching staff with gameplans. 

pats had gronk+edelman+welker+brady have been studs in fantasy in any given year, it's the rb's who have been frustrating to own

Well those were just the first two teams I thought of. The Rams have a good offense, but guessing which WR is gonna go off isnt easy would be another example. I just don't agree with your original statement. 

38 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Well those were just the first two teams I thought of. The Rams have a good offense, but guessing which WR is gonna go off isnt easy would be another example. I just don't agree with your original statement. 

rams ran a predictable offense through gurley and he was a predictable weekly stud, the wrs were all fantasy relevant and less predictable in terms of production but you drafted them knowing that the ball would be spread around.

I think the premise of my statement is generally true as you search to find the exceptions.  good offenses will normally provide predictable output for fantasy players and bad ones volatile output.

3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Hey now......some of us are fans of those franchises.  No need to throw stones and belittling taunts in this thread.

Besides all are under new regimes now.  It will be interesting to see if someone surprises and makes the playoffs.    

Fair enough.  I hope these teams can all turn it around.  They were all really good in 1980s.  Well, not Tampa.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

I think the premise of my statement is generally true as you search to find the exceptions.  good offenses will normally provide predictable output for fantasy players and bad ones volatile output.

My gut feeling would be the opposite, but it's an interesting question, and one that I could waste a spreadsheet on (and a couple hours).

Shall we define "good offense" in terms of total yards rushing/receiving, and the fantasy players in terms of .5 PPR points?

I prefer to define the terms beforehand, so we have a clear question ;)

15 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The GM who gave all that money to Le'Veon Bell has now been fired, and rightly so.  It was by far the dumbest move made by any NFL team so far in 2019.  And this is a league with the Dolphins, Raiders, Cardinals, and Bucs in it!

I don’t know - Silva called the signing of backup lineman and former first-rounder Ereck Flowers as a possible converted guard and line depth for $2.5M by the Redskins the “stupidest” off-season move.

So top that.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

My gut feeling would be the opposite, but it's an interesting question, and one that I could waste a spreadsheet on (and a couple hours).

Shall we define "good offense" in terms of total yards rushing/receiving, and the fantasy players in terms of .5 PPR points?

I prefer to define the terms beforehand, so we have a clear question ;)

or we can do it the rotoforum way and just look at the top fantasy scorers minus qb's and kickers  or just look at top 12 QBs , which may or may not prove anything. . .🤣

Edited by dashoe

53 minutes ago, dashoe said:

or we can do it the rotoforum way and just look at the top fantasy scorers minus qb's and kickers  or just look at top 12 QBs , which may or may not prove anything. . .🤣

Thanks for not answering so I can't prove you wrong... The rotoforum way ;)

Never mind, I will see what I can do.

5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Thanks for not answering so I can't prove you wrong... The rotoforum way ;)

Never mind, I will see what I can do.

I support you 💯% 👍

you are not embarking upon an easy task but i would think for fantasy purposes it would be easier to define the best offenses as the ones that produce the most td's and yards since thats how we generate fantasy points for players.  Rather than get into the weeds with offenses based on efficiency in terms of their plays, averages,  variance, schedules, etc

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I support you 💯% 👍

you are not embarking upon an easy task but i would think for fantasy purposes it would be easier to define the best offenses as the ones that produce the most td's and yards since thats how we generate fantasy points for players.  Rather than get into the weeds with offenses based on efficiency in terms of their plays, averages,  variance, schedules, etc

But the flipside of this is that this does not mean they are the "best" offenses in the NFL based on traditional rankings and methodology so if i was attempting to prove my initial premise I would would probably look at the official  end of season rankings  of offenses found on NFL.com  make my cutoff to 8 -12 teams  which is 25% and correlate how many of those teams produce top fantasy players. 

and then I would make whatever adjustments needed to ensure i was correct. . 🤓

Edited by dashoe
  • Haha 1