Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LarryDavid said:

The Florida team I forgot to mention would be the Bucs. Especially if they officially hire Bruce Arians. Ronald Jones and Barber aren’t the answer.. and we have all seen what BA did with David Johnson in AZ.

TB is 29th in projected cap space so I doubt that happens. Bell is all about the money right now. He would be great in an Arians offense though. I still say NYJ (#2 in $) or OAK (#5), but HOU (#6) is an intriguing possibility

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

TB is 29th in projected cap space so I doubt that happens. Bell is all about the money right now. He would be great in an Arians offense though. I still say NYJ (#2 in $) or OAK (#5), but HOU (#6) is an intriguing possibility

I think Bell is less about the money than the consensus thinks. The end witht he Steelers I think really came down to respect/pride at the way he felt management treated him.  The last franchise tag which prevented him from negotiating was probably the last straw.  I think he is looking for the most money in the right situation for the next part of his career vs the highest paycheck. . assuming the number offered is a number he cant refuse. Signaling he wants to go to Indy says he wants to go to a playoff bound team with a great QB which means he knows that team won't blow their cap on him to play there. .

Edited by dashoe
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

That's very interesting. I was going at it from the other perspective; I was looking for teams that would need a RB. I have:
- Need a RB but Bell will probably not be interested:
* Bills (#3 cap space according to https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/)
* Jags (#31)
* Dolphins (#27)
* Jets (#2)

Bell may be interested in:
* Texans (#6)

* Falcons (#24)

* Bucs (#28)

You didn't mention the Bills, but I think they need an upgrade over McCoy, also looking at his age. I don't think Bell will be very interested in the Bills though, so the Texans or Jets make more sense. If he goes to the Texans, he could be a very interesting pick.

Edited by Boudewijn

6 minutes ago, The G Man said:

What about KC? 

They just signed Damien Williams for $8M, so my first guess is they wouldn't be that interested.

Here is the cap space for all teams visualised:

image.png.1d23a548653e6d42d0b3d58cf5c8f4ed.png

I highlighted the Jets, Texans, Raiders and Chiefs. The Chiefs have just under $40 M left for next year, which may not leave a lot of room to give Bell the money he wants. I think it will probably take one of the teams with $50M or more?

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

They just signed Damien Williams for $8M, so my first guess is they wouldn't be that interested.

I highlighted the Jets, Texans, Raiders and Chiefs. The Chiefs have just under $40 M left for next year, which may not leave a lot of room to give Bell the money he wants. I think it will probably take one of the teams with $50M or more?

Pretty cool little chart. Thanks for sharing. 

Based on cap space, I guess the Jets would make the most sense with the Raiders as another possibility. 

Jets are the favorite then the Texans. Colts bat the Texans and Mack played well so I would say they are not interested.

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

How can you be as bad as the Jaguars and have negative cap space?

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

How can you be as bad as the Jaguars and have negative cap space?

The Jags have continually spent a lot of money in FA. They also extended Bortles to an expensive short-term deal. On offense they picked up Hyde, Moncrief, and Norwell. On defense they picked up Calais Campbell, Malik Jackson, Marcell Dareus, Bouye, and Gipson. Then factor in all the good players they drafted and had to re-sign recently like Telvin Smith and Linder.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:33 AM, LarryDavid said:

If you’re predicting the Dolphins, I’m not sure how you could scoff at the Colts. The Dolphins have Kenyan Drake (young and cheap) just like the Colts have Marlon Mack. I would say they are very similar. Drake is dynamic runner and can catch the rock. The only reason Mack is outproducing Drake currently is because Gase is and idiot and I’m Colts have a great system going and oline.

The Florida team I forgot to mention would be the Bucs. Especially if they officially hire Bruce Arians. Ronald Jones and Barber aren’t the answer.. and we have all seen what BA did with David Johnson in AZ.

yah Drake couldn't keep a 35 year old plodder off the field, I dunno why.

Tampa is looking like a very good shot here

6 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

yah Drake couldn't keep a 35 year old plodder off the field, I dunno why.

Tampa is looking like a very good shot here

Tampa has less than $20 million of cap space. I don't think they have any shot. 

And don't underestimate what Arians can do with Barber and/or Jones. Tampa will not be the landing spot for Bell. At least I'll be shocked if it is. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

And don't underestimate what Arians can do with Barber and/or Jones. Tampa will not be the landing spot for Bell. At least I'll be shocked if it is. 

Agree.  I can see Coleman or Ingram possibly ending up in Tampa but not Bell.

• Like 1

Wherever he goes I think I am drafting him. Even though this year he disappointed me, he was gold when he played. Hopefully everyone in my league holds off. :)

39 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree.  I can see Coleman or Ingram possibly ending up in Tampa but not Bell.

Not to get off topic, but either of those guys would be fantasy beasts under Arians. Wowzers. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Not to get off topic, but either of those guys would be fantasy beasts under Arians. Wowzers. 

I don’t know about Coleman. Seems like dude can’t handle a huge workload.

On 1/8/2019 at 8:03 AM, Flyman75 said:

The Bucs can easily free up another 24m by dumping JPP & DJax if they were interested in Bell.

• Like 2

Bell would be dynamite with Crab Legs Winston and Arians. Crab Legs sucks at the deep pass so Arians will feed Bell the ball both in the run game and pass game.

12 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Bell would be dynamite with Crab Legs Winston and Arians. Crab Legs sucks at the deep pass so Arians will feed Bell the ball both in the run game and pass game.

I think he winds up in Tampa too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wild Thing said:

I think he winds up in Tampa too

Price check in comment #6

On 7/1/2019 at 10:27 PM, Boudewijn said:

They would have to get rid of some players (or some really creative accounting) to even afford Bell's probable price tag.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Price check in comment #6

They would have to get rid of some players (or some really creative accounting) to even afford Bell's probable price tag.

I think they get rid of some players

I'm sure they will, they also need some defensive upgrades. Their defense was bottom 5 in pretty much every category this season and I think they need more talent there than they can just pick up in the draft. I expect them to spend a good chunk of the cap space on the secondary.

There is a story out this morning that says the Steelers will hit Bell with the transition tag, match any offer, then trade Bell.

Wow.

Now that may be a violation of the CBA, I think they cannot tag a player they have no intention of keeping.  But I think it's safe to say this:  "Here We Go Again."

I don't get the end game here.......no compensation if Bell signs an offer and Pittsburgh doesn't match it.........and why the hell would they match it?   Match, then trade?   Ludicrous.   I'd laugh forever if they match a high dollar offer then get stuck with Bell.   What's their ceiling here, a third round pick?   Not worth the risk, or the headache.  

They had a chance to just make a clean break here, and they just couldn't help themselves. Last season they were a train wreck, and had to deal with this albatross the whole time.    Now they just doubled down, like a bitter divorcee filing new motions to drag out the process just to cost his ex wife that much more money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There is a story out this morning that says the Steelers will hit Bell with the transition tag, match any offer, then trade Bell.

Wow.

Now that may be a violation of the CBA, I think they cannot tag a player they have no intention of keeping.  But I think it's safe to say this:  "Here We Go Again."

One would think one of the best and respected organizations is not petty... but the reporting so far suggests that.