Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

14 hours ago, Mattmac92 said:

What are you on drugs Darnold could be out months you don't just recover from mono like magic. Thank god you don't run the team

Calm down bro. They have a bye week in week 4. Most likely Darnold will be back week 5. 

image.png.c5fcc8706cecc9d2e2108b3a5fc48571.pngv

• Like 1

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/80887/trevor-siemian-faces-massive-challenge-in-trying-to-save-jets-season

"Siemian was uneven in training camp, impressing with his strong arm on some days but struggling with accuracy on others. His preseason numbers look good on paper (25-for-32, one touchdown, no interceptions), but he passed for 158 yards. He was Captain Checkdown against second- and third-string defenses."

Praise Be

On 9/13/2019 at 3:48 PM, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Calm down bro. They have a bye week in week 4. Most likely Darnold will be back week 5. 

image.png.c5fcc8706cecc9d2e2108b3a5fc48571.pngv

https://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/library/adult_health/sma_mononucleosis_and_sports/

The spleen is most vulnerable during the first 3 weeks that you are sick. During that time you really should just rest.

(...)

If you are playing a contact sport you may be out for 3 to 6 weeks while your spleen is recovering. 

I think you got your text from WebMD, which says something similar.

The older you are, the worse the effects are btw. Darnold is only 22 and a fit athlete, but when I had it at age 35 it took me months to fully recover.

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

https://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/library/adult_health/sma_mononucleosis_and_sports/

I think you got your text from WebMD, which says something similar.

The older you are, the worse the effects are btw. Darnold is only 22 and a fit athlete, but when I had it at age 35 it took me months to fully recover.

Here’s to hoping u good recovery week 3 🍻 

Well hoping his outlook is something like 7 catches 120 total yards and a td

Question is he can he last taking that kind of beating on such a terrible offense?! He played his guts out tonight, but man, other than him this team has nothing right now. 

Edited by dakimbell

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

Question is he can he last taking that kind of beating on such a terrible offense?! He played his guts out tonight, but man, other than him this team has nothing right now. 

Was thinking the same thing. May try to sell after this performance. 31 touches, no way he can hold up with this kind of workload all year. 

7 minutes ago, jh83 said:

Was thinking the same thing. May try to sell after this performance. 31 touches, no way he can hold up with this kind of workload all year. 

Yea man it was legit like 1 vs 11 out there and he was giving it everything he had but took a beating, especially on a lot of those dumpoffs I was cringing all night hoping he was gonna get up. Then just the complete lack of TD upside. He is a PPR machine though so long as he can stay healthy

He’s only playing his absolute hardest in order to spite the Steelers, but he’s getting a BIG wake up call about how much easier life was with the Steelers. He looked overwhelmed like he wanted to cry at one point. There’s no way he can take this beating for an entire season. Guy was getting wrecked out there. He’s getting a ton of volume but averaging low yards per touch and TDs will be difficult to come by—just as I had suspected. 

5 minutes ago, RapeandPillage said:

He’s only playing his absolute hardest in order to spite the Steelers, but he’s getting a BIG wake up call about how much easier life was with the Steelers. He looked overwhelmed like he wanted to cry at one point. There’s no way he can take this beating for an entire season. Guy was getting wrecked out there. He’s getting a ton of volume but averaging low yards per touch and TDs will be difficult to come by—just as I had suspected. 

He had Trevor Siemian and Luke Falk as his QBs last night.  It'll be easier once Darnold gets rolling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RapeandPillage said:

You "suspected" that Darnold would have Mono and the jets would be playing their 3rd string QB by week 2? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, RapeandPillage said:

Guy wants to cry because the team is giving ample opportunities on the field?  When was the last time an elite diva football player complained about too many touches and taking a "beating".  Plus, he just got paid.  I mean lol ...I completely disagree with the direction you are going here. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

You "suspected" that Darnold would have Mono and the jets would be playing their 3rd string QB by week 2? 

I suspected exactly what is occurring. You’re the one making the false equivalence that Darnold makes a difference

22 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Guy wants to cry because the team is giving ample opportunities on the field?  When was the last time an elite diva football player complained about too many touches and taking a "beating".  Plus, he just got paid.  I mean lol ...I completely disagree with the direction you are going here. 

What does ANY of that have to do with the fact that he was CLEARLY in anguish last night on the sidelines because of the brutal beating he was taking? He likes money and touches—got it. But he obviously doesn’t like the torrential assault that was given to him. 

13 minutes ago, RapeandPillage said:

I suspected exactly what is occurring. You’re the one making the false equivalence that Darnold makes a difference

He does.

12 minutes ago, RapeandPillage said:

What does ANY of that have to do with the fact that he was CLEARLY in anguish last night on the sidelines because of the brutal beating he was taking? He likes money and touches—got it. But he obviously doesn’t like the torrential assault that was given to him. 

Touches + Money, thats the whole reason he left Pit. Sorry, that's wrong.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed quote of deleted post.
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MSkibisky said:

He does.

1. Why would you sell what was mostly a first or second round pick after 2 weeks, with your starting QB coming back in a few weeks? Makes no sense.

2. That's your third post in a row. Try consolidating next time.

Because your starting QB is Sam Darnold

• Thanks 1

Just now, Novaray said:

Because your starting QB is Sam Darnold

Barkley's starting QB is an aging Eli Manning and yet he went 1st overall in many leagues. I fail to see your point. Darnold had a solid Rookie campaign.. no one could have foreseen him getting mono.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

He does.

Oh, now I see what you’re failing to comprehend: it’s similar to what Bell failed to grasp.

All touches are NOT created equal. What he—as well as you—apparently didn’t realize, is that THESE touches are infinitely harder. He’s getting his WAKE UP call now. No more walking for 5 yards per carry, baby girl 😎

4 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Barkley's starting QB is an aging Eli Manning and yet he went 1st overall in many leagues. I fail to see your point. Darnold had a solid Rookie campaign.. no one could have foreseen him getting mono.

You just compared Barkley to Bell 😂. Barkley is an explosive back that can make plays out of nothing. Bell is a scheme back. Without the proper blocking he can’t make anything happen. 

1 minute ago, RapeandPillage said:

Oh, now I see what you’re failing to comprehend: it’s similar to what Bell failed to grasp.

All touches are NOT created equal. What he—as well as you—apparently didn’t realize, is that THESE touches are infinitely harder. He’s getting his WAKE UP call now. No more walking for 5 yards per carry, baby girl 😎

You honestly think that Bell didn't realize that his blocking would be tougher in NY? Cmon. He was going from a AFC powerhouse to the low end of the AFC East.. I'm pretty sure he is aware of that.