Fantasy Gooroo

Le'Veon Bell 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, scheibler said:

This post will not age well through the second half of the season

yes considering he only took one drive off

Bell appears to be just fine, and is still an elite RB with sky high potential.  With Darnold back, making Crowder and Anderson relevant again, I foresee some big weeks ahead.  When he gets more involved in the passing game again, look out. 

Proud owner in my keeper league, and am going to to attempt to make moves to get him elsewhere.

• Like 1

Obviously not a tremendous play against the Patriots, but some silver lining in that unlike week 3, they'll have Darnold back and they have to at least think about the pass as opposed to Falk.  That said, in order to have any kind of shot they have to run the football.

Gore found a little bit of room against them.  Divisional games can sometimes get interesting.

7 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

Anybody think him only getting one catch was due to the inept Dallas pass D opening up the field for the receivers?

It seemed as if Dallas basically thought they were playing Luke Falk and basically just focused on Bell which let Darnold pick apart the rest of the defense.

I'm going to assume the pats will focus more attention on Darnold which will free up Bell.

• Like 1

Hopefully Bell gets a bunch of dump offs next week when the Patriots go up by 30.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Smoketheclay said:

What is a reasonable expectation for Bell vs Patriots?

Over/Under on:

1) 100 yards

2) TD

70 yards and no TD

I still think Pats focus on stopping Bell. However they’re smart enough to make adjustments if Darnold is playing well (unlike Dallas)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

I'm going to assume the pats will focus more attention on Darnold which will free up Bell.

Pats defense has the same strategy every game, every year, for as long as I can remember.  To take away the #1 weapon of their opponent, and force you to beat them with something else.  That weapon is Bell, hands down.
Pats Passing Defense is so good, they don't have to focus any attention on Darnold.

I can't imagine more than a handful of draft scenarios where you aren't starting Bell regardless of matchup.
He'll be in my lineup this week (every week) and I'm just praying for dump offs for a PPR game or a lucky fall into the end zone.

Not getting my hopes up, not pretending he won't be bottled up for 90% of this game, and definitely not panicking or letting sheep pretend a bad outing vs the Pats means anything for his ROS outlook.

Lock the thread until next week, there's nothing to discuss.  Play him, take what he gets, and don't let the results alter your opinion of Bell moving forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

Pats defense has the same strategy every game, every year, for as long as I can remember.  To take away the #1 weapon of their opponent, and force you to beat them with something else.  That weapon is Bell, hands down.
Pats Passing Defense is so good, they don't have to focus any attention on Darnold.

I can't imagine more than a handful of draft scenarios where you aren't starting Bell regardless of matchup.
He'll be in my lineup this week (every week) and I'm just praying for dump offs for a PPR game or a lucky fall into the end zone.

Not getting my hopes up, not pretending he won't be bottled up for 90% of this game, and definitely not panicking or letting sheep pretend a bad outing vs the Pats means anything for his ROS outlook.

Lock the thread until next week, there's nothing to discuss.  Play him, take what he gets, and don't let the results alter your opinion of Bell moving forward.

Belli has had his issue containing bell honestly. Even when Landry Jones started a game once bell still had his way. I’m not expecting much, but the passing game is really what we all need here. A nice 6 for 50 to save our bacon. 

17 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Belli has had his issue containing bell honestly. Even when Landry Jones started a game once bell still had his way. I’m not expecting much, but the passing game is really what we all need here. A nice 6 for 50 to save our bacon. 

This Pats D seems different this year. 

19 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I think it had something to do with AB taking some of the attention. Bell will be contained by the PSTD bc he is the best player. Belichick likes to take away the teams best players and let someone else beat them 

2 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I think it had something to do with AB taking some of the attention. Bell will be contained by the PSTD bc he is the best player. Belichick likes to take away the teams best players and let someone else beat them 

I know it, the hoodie makes you fight left handed. I think bell can avoid a bust game in PPR however. 

Why does that doofus Matthew berry keep talking about he’s worried bell will break down I don’t understand at all

On 10/14/2019 at 7:02 PM, Smoketheclay said:

What is a reasonable expectation for Bell vs Patriots?

Over/Under on:

1) 100 yards

2) TD

150 all purpose yards with a TD

85 rushing and a TD

65 receiving yards

Jets upset of the season...stun Pat's in MetLife

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, IrnMike80 said:

85 rushing and a TD

65 receiving yards

Dear God I hope. I certainly need it.

8 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Why does that doofus Matthew berry keep talking about he’s worried bell will break down I don’t understand at all

I’ve been wondering same thing. I usually agree with what he has to say too, I disagree with him on this take though.

11 minutes ago, IrnMike80 said:

85 rushing and a TD

65 receiving yards

I think if the Jets want a chance of handing the Pats their first loss this season, they need to attack the deep ball. Give Robby the deep routes, look for Crowder down low, and Bell to the outside. I think the only way to beat this Pats secondary is to spread them out.

Bell is still a good RB, but without a good O Line, he really isn't going to be what he was in Pitt. The Pats are going to focus on stopping him this game, so I don't see a breakout coming here either. 

51 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Bell is still a good RB, but without a good O Line, he really isn't going to be what he was in Pitt. The Pats are going to focus on stopping him this game, so I don't see a breakout coming here either. 

He will improve through the season and the volume is there. He should be a lock for top 10 production and 80 catches will put him in the top 5

The YPC is a good indication of what we have for the rest of the season. RB1, even if he hasn't played like 1 in the worst situation imaginable for most of the season. I'm just thanking my lucky stars he hasn't been injured for this stretch.

He's on my bench for now..I can't start him after what I just saw from Jets future QB!?!?!? ,And yes Pats D is ridiculous this yr, but C'mon, Luke did a better job @Pats few weeks ago

Edited by Sean Tambo
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

He's on my bench for now..I can't start him after what I just saw from Jets future QB!?!?!? ,And yes Pats D is ridiculous this yr, but C'mon, Luke did a better job @Pats few weeks ago

You're benching him now? His next stretch is so easy, and Bell has looked good despite his offense struggling. Are you crazy?

Considering that may have been the worst performance by a quarterback I've ever seen, he actually did pretty good.

• Like 1

He looked primed and ready to go. Locked and loaded RB1 all year, thank goodness he doesn’t play NE again. Receptions have disappeared though and darnold just got slaughtered against the blitz, hopefully that changes. 

5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Considering that may have been the worst performance by a quarterback I've ever seen, he actually did pretty good.

After watching last nights game, as a Jets fan, I miss the butt fumble.