thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

All better teams than Arizona... Zona prob goes down a couple scores and plays catch up Air Raid as usual. So I doubt theres a huge running game here for Edmond... Notice all the receiving yards those RB's you mentioned got above???

 

Yeah, but I don't see what the lack of receiving yards means here? The Falcons were trailing in all but one of those games, the Eagles game. They buried themselves so deep teams just handed it off. No need to pass. Even if they get up on the Cards the RB will get receptions. The fact of the matter is the Bengals and Falcons are pretty similar. They both suck. The Cards had no problem with running or receiving among the two backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Meanwhile, running back David Johnson worked on the side after a back injury limited him during the Cardinals’ 26-23 win over the Bengals on Sunday. Head coach Kliff Kingsbury said the starting back would be a gametime decision, assuming he does not progress to practice in the next two days.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/arizonasports.com/story/2114379/cardinals-christian-kirk-progresses-david-johnson-gametime-decision/amp/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

 

But the factor of continued hits and punishment to DJ's body make Edmonds a must grab correct? 

 

Absolutely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

 

But the factor of continued hits and punishment to DJ's body make Edmonds a must grab correct? 

100%. And not just because of the recent news. We always knew Edmonds would be the 3rd down and GL back if DJ went down. Just that volume alone makes him a high-end RB2. He was and is one of the best handcuff stashes in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, but I don't see what the lack of receiving yards means here? The Falcons were trailing in all but one of those games, the Eagles game. They buried themselves so deep teams just handed it off. No need to pass. Even if they get up on the Cards the RB will get receptions. The fact of the matter is the Bengals and Falcons are pretty similar. They both suck. The Cards had no problem with running or receiving among the two backs.

 

Maybe DJ and/or Edmonds rip Atlanta a new one on the ground this weekend. But the numbers just don’t support how horrid you’re making them out to be. RBs are only gaining 4.0 ypc on the ground against the Falcons. That isn’t terrible and is good enough for 10th in the league. Cook got his 2 TD in week one, but they’ve only allowed two on the ground since. They’re not a run defense juggernaut or anything, but I think they’re average, at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

100%. And not just because of the recent news. We always knew Edmonds would be the 3rd down and GL back if DJ went down. Just that volume alone makes him a high-end RB2. He was and is one of the best handcuff stashes in the league. 

 

My thinking is Edmonds will be more involved to help preserve DJ no matter what and the upside is there for even more.

You stated he would be the 3rd down and GL back if DJ went down.  He wouldn't be a 3-down back moving forward if it happened? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope he plays it safe and doesn’t put a needle in his back to try and play through this. Not worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

I hope he plays it safe and doesn’t put a needle in his back to try and play through this. Not worth it. 


No way. I need him to play. Even if he needs to get on the TB12 program and take whatever Brady’s trainer is feeding Brady. Just play baby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ginocan said:


No way. I need him to play. Even if he needs to get on the TB12 program and take whatever Brady’s trainer is feeding Brady. Just play baby. 


I hear that! I’m just speaking on a human level, as a non-owner. 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I want is a clear "full practice and will be all systems go" or a "limited and will be on a snap count" so I can put in a noon game guy instead of him if he's not looking like he'll be 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The G Man said:

 

It could also just be muscular (like a pull or spasms). I've had lower back muscles issues before. Sometimes they go away fairly quickly with rest and muscle relaxers. Sometimes it has taken a couple weeks to feel right again. Just depends on the severity. 

I sprained my back about a year ago.

Went to pick a couch, it was early morning and I wasn't loose, the couch was segmented and buckled in the middle as soon as we started lifting.  There was an audible pop, and I could barely walk the rest of the day.

Doc said "you sprained it - that pop was a ligament snapping".  Told me he couldn't tell how bad it was, could be up to a month or two to heal, but come back in a week to check progress.  Gave me muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory pills.  First day I couldn't move, nor the day after.  Was able to go back to work after that, with limited mobility and orders for no heavy lifting.  Back seized up now and then, but by the 4th or 5th day I'd say I was back up to 80%.  A day or two later I followed up with the doc and told him I felt 100% again.  No restrictions after just a week.

I was worried it was gonna keep me out weeks, and very surprised by how quickly I recovered. 

DJ is a decade younger than me, thought he does deal with greater impacts.  It's possible that it's something serious and will be a big problem, but it's equally possible that it's no big deal and he's back to 100% by Sunday.  

And if he's feeling 100% on Sunday, there shouldn't be too much worry about re-aggravating it

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, just sold my last share of DJ for Melvin Gordon in my dynasty league. Good luck all. Had to sell before the multi week out news breaks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

My thinking is Edmonds will be more involved to help preserve DJ no matter what and the upside is there for even more.

You stated he would be the 3rd down and GL back if DJ went down.  He wouldn't be a 3-down back moving forward if it happened? 

Oh for sure, I meant as well. As we know some handcuffs get spelled on third downs or perhaps at the GL. Edmonds is gonna essentially play every snap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

How the hell can he play if he can’t even sit down without being in pain 

Lots of drugs. A combo of painkiller/muscle relaxer shots and he won’t know he was ever injured. It comes down to whether or not the injury can be made worse or if it’s pain tolerance.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oresteszero said:

How the hell can he play if he can’t even sit down without being in pain 

It'll be a week later.

Ive had back spasms and felt fine the next day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FeastMode said:

Did your backup get all the reps in your furniture moving business while you were out?  That’s the only part of your analogy that us Chase Edmonds owners care about.

He did, but there was a massive drop in production 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, oresteszero said:

How the hell can he play if he can’t even sit down without being in pain 

 

First year watching sports?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, the pic alone has me pumped. He looks like a warrior. Just have Chase on standby. I don't think people need to make any crazy decisions right now unless they don't have Chase. I feel confident in either guy in this particular game. I honestly hope sits this one out, gets right then gets back out there for Week 7.

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

usatsi_13474358.jpg?w=2000&h=1200&crop=1

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

I sprained my back about a year ago.

Went to pick a couch, it was early morning and I wasn't loose, the couch was segmented and buckled in the middle as soon as we started lifting.  There was an audible pop, and I could barely walk the rest of the day.

Doc said "you sprained it - that pop was a ligament snapping".  Told me he couldn't tell how bad it was, could be up to a month or two to heal, but come back in a week to check progress.  Gave me muscle relaxers and anti-inflammatory pills.  First day I couldn't move, nor the day after.  Was able to go back to work after that, with limited mobility and orders for no heavy lifting.  Back seized up now and then, but by the 4th or 5th day I'd say I was back up to 80%.  A day or two later I followed up with the doc and told him I felt 100% again.  No restrictions after just a week.

I was worried it was gonna keep me out weeks, and very surprised by how quickly I recovered. 

DJ is a decade younger than me, thought he does deal with greater impacts.  It's possible that it's something serious and will be a big problem, but it's equally possible that it's no big deal and he's back to 100% by Sunday.  

And if he's feeling 100% on Sunday, there shouldn't be too much worry about re-aggravating it

 

CSB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all we got thus far ...

 

in uddah news ... FIRE UP YER FREEMANS/ITOS/HOOPERS!

Cards be hurtin'

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...