thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

Don't you guys know that a starter's talent automatically transfers over to the backup whenever they go down? That's like Fantasy 101.

There's a reason why so many people say “if you drafted this guy, then you need to own his backup.” It's because backups are automatically guaranteed to put up the same level of production as the previous starter. That's just how it all works.

Edited by stigmatadiacory
More to say.
  • Haha 2

Chase Edmonds can’t hold DJ’s jock. These forums are turning into reddit. I swear some of these jabronis don’t actually watch the games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, stigmatadiacory said:

Don't you guys know that a starter's talent automatically transfers over to the backup whenever they go down? That's like Fantasy 101.

There's a reason why so many people say “if you drafted this guy, then you need to own his backup.” It's because backups are automatically guaranteed to put up the same level of production as the previous starter. That's just how it all works.

Nah you get the backup because of the opportunity to produce. 

how do you think David Johnson even exists as a fantasy option? CJ got hurt and made way for him to start. 

3 hours ago, Klientel said:

Nah you get the backup because of the opportunity to produce. 

how do you think David Johnson even exists as a fantasy option? CJ got hurt and made way for him to start. 

DJ was great well before then. Had 8+ TDs that season before he ever got to start.

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

Chase Edmonds can’t hold DJ’s jock. These forums are turning into reddit. I swear some of these jabronis don’t actually watch the games.

It's a proven fact that the backup is always the better player. Just look at our boi Justice Hill

• Thanks 1

Do we expect him to be limited or is it business as usual 

Idk about that, but what I do know is that DJ/Chase are the next Ingram/Kamara 😤

• Thanks 2

I thought we had to be sober to post around these parts.

• Thanks 1

He would be insane this season if the line wasn't hot garbage. Still living up to his draft position very nicely.

• Like 1

This may be an unpopular opinion...but thoughts on DJ being a sell high with the following schedule coming up:

@NYG (great matchup)

@NO

SF

@TB

@SF

Bye

I’m 3-3 with no time to wait around and his value might not get much higher. His pass catching skills are ridiculous but those are some tough defensive fronts he will be facing soon. 

9 minutes ago, SvanE42 said:

This may be an unpopular opinion...but thoughts on DJ being a sell high with the following schedule coming up:

@NYG (great matchup)

@NO

SF

@TB

@SF

Bye

I’m 3-3 with no time to wait around and his value might not get much higher. His pass catching skills are ridiculous but those are some tough defensive fronts he will be facing soon. 

Given the type of offense they run and how they like to use him, he's matchup-proof IMO.  If you can get an insane haul, sure, I just don't see it happening.

Well, this makes me a bit uneasy. I wouldn't think twice about it if it was his back. I have no problem firing up Chase, but I don't like "ankle".

On 10/13/2019 at 8:27 AM, stigmatadiacory said:

man I miss sniping Ben Tate during the Arian foster days

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

How bad the ankle folks?

🤷‍♂️