thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

makes some sense but my only issue with that is if it was only an emergency role why did they bother giving him the first carry

Yeah, exactly. If he didn't limp off the field he would have kept playing. Otherwise, why put him on the field in the first place.

Just now, kball09 said:

Yeah, exactly. If he didn't limp off the field he would have kept playing. Otherwise, why put him on the field in the first place.

fantastic question.   Maybe they decided after Edmonds first big TD that they could keep DJ on the bench.    Maybe DJ felt good in warmups and tightened up enough that they pulled the plug immediately.    Maybe DJ really did tweak something......dunno

practice reports will be key

15 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

makes some sense but my only issue with that is if it was only an emergency role why did they bother giving him the first carry

I actually think that explanation makes no sense. If he was gimpy and was only emergency back why would he start the game. I believe very little of what comes out of coaches mouths. Hopefully whatever he did that caused him to limp off the field wasn't a major aggravation, for his sake. 

• Like 1

ARI is about to sign another RB to the team. Put the pieces together. 

DJ is about to miss some games.

Acceptance is the first step.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

fantastic question.   Maybe they decided after Edmonds first big TD that they could keep DJ on the bench.    Maybe DJ felt good in warmups and tightened up enough that they pulled the plug immediately.    Maybe DJ really did tweak something......dunno

practice reports will be key

I don't think we can rule out the idea that it was gamesmanship on Kingsberry's part.  IMO, that's the most likely explanation.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I don't think we can rule out the idea that it was gamesmanship on Kingsberry's part.  IMO, that's the most likely explanation.

I'd agree if they didnt give him the first carry then take him immediately out. If it was gamemanship why not just declare him active and put edmonds out there to start. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

The news we needed. But this doesn't explain why he went back out there when Chase was puking if he really couldn't go on the ankle. I guess he was just going to stand there in the backfield? This situation is just all kinds of bizarre!

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

I'd agree if they didnt give him the first carry then take him immediately out. If it was gamemanship why not just declare him active and put edmonds out there to start. 

Just taking it a step further than most coaches typically take it to mess with their gameplan?

IDK.  They got this guy to push the envelope a bit.  They are clearly all in on the riverboat gambler/unpredictable mentality with him and Murray.

4 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Gonna deal w this every week

the limited practice reports and game time decisions for rest of year 

unless 

they shut him down.

It's best to just start Chase at this point. Then if you feel good about DJ on a particular week, then flex him. Between DJs back and ankle, how can we really trust him? Then you get these false reports that he will play, but doesn't.

• Like 2

Kingsbury “David Johnson didn’t feel right.”

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

It's best to just start Chase at this point. Then if you feel good about DJ on a particular week, then flex him. Between DJs back and ankle, how can we really trust him? Then you get these false reports that he will play, but doesn't.

Dont worry DJ will be dnp dnp limited and then get 15 touches at NO

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I'd rather DJ rest up than force to play. Let the kid deal with having to run against the 49ers twice in the next 4 weeks.

Pretty sure he just rested up on Sunday? 

Pretty simple guys lets not over think it.., They put DJ in a few plays.. Sub'ed in Edmonds and things went pretty good.. why roll DJ out when he is banged up and Edmonds is doing just fine.. Wrecked my fantasy week for sure..  But I do understand why he didnt see the field again, no point to roll him out there when Edmonds was more than enough to handle NYG .. DJ will be back ; however, I will not be starting him again until I see him log full practices.. Got lucky and picked up Murray so i am hoping I can ride that train a week or so and patiently wait for DJ 

Edited by mlrush

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

ARI is about to sign another RB to the team. Put the pieces together. 

DJ is about to miss some games.

Acceptance is the first step.

Hate to say it, but I’d bet this time next week, this post will still ring true. 

• Like 2

Forget the game-time decision b.s.  Now that they know Edmonds is more than capable of carrying the load, let DJ sit out a game to heal.

He basically sat one week so it's very possible he feels better for next week 

• Like 1