thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

How refreshing!

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/david-johnson-will-be-used-creatively-in-kliff-kingsbury-s-offense

“He’ll get it all sorts of ways,” Kingsbury said. “We’ve got to be creative in how we get him the ball.”

“I’ve never been one that’s just going to (say), ‘Hey, this is what we’re going to run no matter what,’” Kingsbury said. “That hasn’t worked for me. So whatever we have offensively and the skill we have and the players we have, let’s make it fit them.”

• Like 1

It'll still be a crap offense. How hard will it be to key on one guy? It will need to feel like a bargain before I pull the trigger

31 minutes ago, fingers said:

It'll still be a crap offense. How hard will it be to key on one guy? It will need to feel like a bargain before I pull the trigger

A step in the right direction though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fingers said:

No worries. Edmonds will get touches 😂😂

3 hours ago, fingers said:

Offenses can change pretty quickly with a new coach, draft, FA, etc. I don't think it's a lock to be a crap offense; though I don't think Rosen is very good

Comeback player of the year. Top 5 fantasy RB. ADP around 15. League winner.

There you have my bold prediction.

5 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Comeback player of the year. Top 5 fantasy RB. ADP around 15. League winner.

There you have my bold prediction.

Not very bold. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Not very bold. 

I don't know...CPOY, top 5, league winner...those seem pretty bold to me, lol. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I don't know...CPOY, top 5, league winner...those seem pretty bold to me, lol. 

He was top 5 a couple years ago. Saying a good player who had a bad year is going to be good again isn't very bold.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

He was top 5 a couple years ago. Saying a good player who had a bad year is going to be good again isn't very bold.

Top 5 a couple of years ago but still on an offense that, at this moment, doesn't really have anything inspiring around him...Kingsbury or no Kingsbury. So in this moment, I definitely believe it's pretty bold to say he's going to break into the top 5. Agree to disagree :). 

24 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Top 5 a couple of years ago but still on an offense that, at this moment, doesn't really have anything inspiring around him...Kingsbury or no Kingsbury. So in this moment, I definitely believe it's pretty bold to say he's going to break into the top 5. Agree to disagree :). 

Well I agree he is in the top 5. Just doesn't seem bold at all.

14 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Well I agree he is in the top 5. Just doesn't seem bold at all.

That's where we part ways. I don't believe he's a top 5 RB...not until I see something more than an offensive-minded coach who failed at TT in his only HC stop. What KK is saying sounds good, but I still don't see the pieces to make DJ a top 5 RB...not right now. Maybe that changes before the season starts. 

If I thought DJ was a top 5 RB, I'd agree it isn't bold. But I don't, so I believe it is. 

19 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

That's where we part ways. I don't believe he's a top 5 RB...not until I see something more than an offensive-minded coach who failed at TT in his only HC stop. What KK is saying sounds good, but I still don't see the pieces to make DJ a top 5 RB...not right now. Maybe that changes before the season starts. 

If I thought DJ was a top 5 RB, I'd agree it isn't bold. But I don't, so I believe it is. 

I'm just confused now.

• Haha 2

Force feeding a player a la "the Randy ratio" doesn't seem like the key ingredient to a dynamic offense. If Rosen isn't commanding any respect from opposing defenses DJ will find himself in the same position as last season.

13 hours ago, fingers said:

Force feeding a player a la "the Randy ratio" doesn't seem like the key ingredient to a dynamic offense. If Rosen isn't commanding any respect from opposing defenses DJ will find himself in the same position as last season.

I don't think so. He was missused very badly.

I'm too lazy to find all tweets regarding this topic but there was a huge difference in YPC for his inside runs compared to his outside runs.

BTW when Rosen starts DJ more as a dump off or safety blanket ppr owner would welcome that, too. And you don't have to keep the defense honest for this.

PS: Sorry for allt he inconvinience I created with calling my statement bold ;)

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 12:52 PM, Flyman75 said:

His surrounding cast looks ok to me. It's the OLine that was in real shambles

Christian Kirk

Larry Fitzgerald

DJ

Chad Williams

If kliff Kingsbury can get Josh Rosen to release the ball quick to his playmakers the offense could have potential

I'd go all out for Olinemen to fit his scheme through FA and the draft.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

"If Kliff Kingsbury can get Josh Rosen to release the ball quick to his playmakers the offense could have potential. I'd go all out for Olinemen to fit his scheme through FA and the draft."

He is there to develop a QB, but Kingsbury loves Kyler Murray. I think it has to fall through, but if the stars align, Rosen is a guy they're going to try to move. If it's me, all I'd want for him is an established, top OL or a high pick to draft one & a day two draft pick to get another one. But the Cardinals aren't... the Redskins, they're the Cardinals. I know they could trade back & get a boatload for the rights to Murray, but if he's really that good, figure it out. I agree with others who have Fitzy as the value play on that offense.   

Remember a couple years ago, when everyone said Goff was a bust (a la Rosen), the Rams had no O-Line (a la Arizona), and the Rams brought in a young offensive coach (a la Kingsbury) and Gurley had a huge bounce back year.  DJ has the same scenario here, I love his talent and will gladly take him at his second round price.

I agree - second round seems like a very reasonable price, and even a slight value.

8 hours ago, BMcP said:

I agree - second round seems like a very reasonable price, and even a slight value.

I agree. We should all agree and be this....

On 2/8/2019 at 3:19 AM, thebadferret said:

I don't think so. He was missused very badly.

I'm too lazy to find all tweets regarding this topic but there was a huge difference in YPC for his inside runs compared to his outside runs.

BTW when Rosen starts DJ more as a dump off or safety blanket ppr owner would welcome that, too. And you don't have to keep the defense honest for this.

PS: Sorry for allt he inconvinience I created with calling my statement bold ;)

Great post.

Question #1 is how does he get yards and TDs when the team is punting on every possession?