thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Has a Top 5 pick ever been droppable due to poor performance in the history of FF?

Jeremy Hill?  CJ Spiller?  Maybe they weren't top 5.  But they were close.

If he starts this week, he will definitely be a very risky RB2 against the Niners.

But, man, I have this good feeling he's gonna snap. SF coming off their first season defeat, and Cardinals unbeaten at Levi's Stadium with four wins.

Besides that feeling I can only hope.

50 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

I'm as down on him as anybody, but in the second clip it looks like he's running slow because he's waiting for a hole to develop. I didn't get the sense he was sprinting as fast as he could to find the edge.

57 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Arizona sports writer huh. Laying the woods on DJ. Goddamn. I don’t know, went below the belt with those personal information about DJ though. 

I don’t think he is healthy. Back problems are a beeech to deal with and you are always limited by it. He is trying to justify his contract and didn’t want to lose any more touches to Drake. I don’t blame him. 

I took him very high this season and getting burned the past few weeks that he is active. But I don’t think he is washed or anything. I do however believe is he not healthy. He is going to ride the bench, unless I see that he is actually healthy. 

My team is one of those that everyone hate. Scored the lowest points in the league but somehow top 3. I love H2H leagues right? So I am hoping for a miracle where DJ can find himself and be serviceable during the playoffs would be...miraculous and all will be forgiven. 

• Like 2

Yes hard love and cussing has done him in... dude isn't done yet but def needs to get healthy 

Looks for Winston rojo Evans Godwin and Howard to all retire in the next two years...

Edited by hard1

This play doesn't look nearly as doom and gloom as people are making it out to be. He's moving towards the camera while waiting for a hole to develop (it never does). Are we not doing depth perception anymore?

Edited by sSektor

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

This play doesn't look nearly as doom and gloom as people are making it out to be. He's moving towards the camera while waiting for a hole to develop (it never does). Are we not doing depth perception anymore?

That's not the DJ I remember.

Looks worse than K. Ballage.

He needs to be shelved.

I'm glad that run's been posted in here. The writing was already clearly on the wall but that run was THE perfect "proof" if you will for anyone who needed it. That was one of the worst runs I've ever seen. And not just because it was negative. It was so lethargic, so uninspired, and to top it off he let himself get absolutely trucked. That looked like a player who didn't want to be there. He is completely done. 

14 hours ago, ginocan said:

Arizona sports writer huh. Laying the woods on DJ. Goddamn. I don’t know, went below the belt with those personal information about DJ though. 

It's all relevant to the situation though. Money changes you, marriage changes you, kids change you. A single 25-year old on a rookie deal thinks about nothing but dominating, DJ is thinking about his health, his family, life after football, etc. You accompany that with the fact that his wife's in his ear and it's all over. And if there's any doubt about that shift in his outlook a quick glance at the tape backs it up. 

9 hours ago, sSektor said:

Dudes moving in slow motion

yea he ain't the same player, even if hes healthy this year or next we won be seeing the old dj anymore. As a Texans fan it reminds me of jj watt, but Watt was playing above avg. We  wont see the Watt from 2014-16 anymore, same with DJ.

Guy has multiple different injuries that he is trying to tough it out and prove he is a warrior.  Then he gets out there and he gets frustrated he isn't himself.  Guy just needs to rest up and call it a year.  The coaching staff and GM should do that.  Some of these guys would limp into a wall a 100 times just to prove they still can do it.  He isn't technically hurt "enough" to medical not let him play.  This is where other people need to make the decision for him and tell him to get set for next season.

Being a 3-year owner of DJ, and a HUGE fan of his ever since he came into the league, I'm incredibly disheartened by what's happened to him this season. Injuries, overuse, lack of a decent o-line or whatever. I just can't do this anymore. It's time for me to move on after this season. And, it's not like I'm all pissed that he has cost me games. It's more like I just feel for him. Sad really. Seems like a really good guy too. I wish him the best.

• Like 1

Yet another exhibit as to why you shouldn't give a RB a big contract.  Team killer.

LMAO...no way he goes into MY lineup this week. 

David Johnson was not listed on Wednesday's injury report.

This comes as a surprise after coach Kliff Kingsbury said Johnson has "obviously" been slowed by ankle and back injuries. In Week 10, Johnson was not running anywhere near his top speed and was limited to just five carries and one target. Arizona has lost the trust of fantasy owners this season, and it's muddied up projections for touches between Johnson and Kenyan Drake. Kingsbury said his plan is to find the best role for his running back duo "over the next few weeks." We'll see if Johnson stays off the injury report heading into Week 12's game against the 49ers.

Nov 13, 2019, 7:51 PM ET

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

LMAO...no way he goes into MY lineup this week. 

David Johnson was not listed on Wednesday's injury report.

This comes as a surprise after coach Kliff Kingsbury said Johnson has "obviously" been slowed by ankle and back injuries. In Week 10, Johnson was not running anywhere near his top speed and was limited to just five carries and one target. Arizona has lost the trust of fantasy owners this season, and it's muddied up projections for touches between Johnson and Kenyan Drake. Kingsbury said his plan is to find the best role for his running back duo "over the next few weeks." We'll see if Johnson stays off the injury report heading into Week 12's game against the 49ers.

Nov 13, 2019, 7:51 PM ET

Well, this is week 11 and they are playing the 49ers. I guess that's a typo (week 12) in the blurb. Week 12 is a bye.

But, agree no way I start him this week. ARZ needs to let him heal this week and the bye, and see if he can get anything going for the FF playoffs.

Giving the current version of DJ 12-15 carries against the 49ers front is probably a fairly sure-fire way to make sure he ends up on IR.

On 11/12/2019 at 4:28 PM, KennyWoo said:

Jeremy Hill?  CJ Spiller?  Maybe they weren't top 5.  But they were close.

Spiller went 2nd overall in one of my leagues