thebadferret

David Johnson 2019 Outlook

On 11/19/2019 at 7:58 PM, SmileyFace8 said:

David Johnson has to be the most disappointing fantasy player other than maybe AJG and Andrew Luck who retired before the season started. many owners selected him in the 1st round and he hit a wall. I mean losing his job to Kenyan Drake. 

You're insane.

Sincerely,

Barkley and Mixon owners. 

21 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

That's possible but unlikely at this point. I think people have to see the writing on the wall and believe their eyes. DJ has lost a step. He's slow and is playing without conviction. I can't see him getting the workhorse role back, which is what made up the majority of his value in the first place. Might as well take a flier on some other high end handcuffs

This much was obvious last season. Going into this season I didn't even have him ranked in the first round of our 20-team PPR league. Looks like I made the right call there.

DJ hit our waiver wire this week, and I intend to let him sit there for my part. Someone might pick him up intentionally giving themselves a headache the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, Jags02 said:

This much was obvious last season. Going into this season I didn't even have him ranked in the first round of our 20-team PPR league. Looks like I made the right call there.

DJ hit our waiver wire this week, and I intend to let him sit there for my part. Someone might pick him up intentionally giving themselves a headache the rest of the season.

Who on your bench are you keeping over DJ.? Id pick him up and see what happens

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Who on your bench are you keeping over DJ.? Id pick him up and see what happens

No thanks. I don't see him having another relevant fantasy game this season.

7 hours ago, bomont said:

You're insane.

Sincerely,

Well at least both of those players are still starters and haven't lost their job to freaking Kenyan Drake.

11 hours ago, bomont said:

You're insane.

Sincerely,

not the last 3 weeks 😝

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

not the last 3 weeks 😝

Don't jinx us please, thank you!

15 hours ago, Jags02 said:

You made the right call, but not for the right reasons. Even though DJ did look like he lost a step, he was still producing solid fantasy value and was an RB1 like he was drafted to be. He wasn't a bad pick at the time, volume is king in FF. That he got hurt and they traded for Drake, was not something that could be predicted.

And for the people who say that DJ hasn't lost a step, watch the game. And compare it to 2016. Or just visit a Cardinals fanbase page like Reddit, they're as down on him as fantasy owners are and they watch every game. He doesn't look close to the RB he was in 2016.