pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

Mahomes in the locker room with just a sleeve on. No ice? No brace? No air cast?

2 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Is IR a possibility?

Depending on swelling and tissue damage, anything a possibility.

Patrick Mahomes has been diagnosed with a dislocated right kneecap.

NFL.com's James Palmer reports that Mahomes has avoided a fracture, but that further testing is required to determine if there's any ligament damage. A short absence is in play, but the same remains true for a lengthy one. Mahomes should undergo an MRI on Friday, and we figure to know the results within the next 18 hours.

The most intense 18 hours...

3 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Is IR a possibility?

They just showed him walking around the locker room with just a knee brace. He’s fine. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

They just showed him walking around the locker room with just a knee brace. He’s fine. 

It was a sleeve, but he def had a really bad limp. 

2 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Just showed him giving a post game speech, he was limping REALLY badly. He will for SURE be out until the bye IMO. 

Thx doc. 

• Like 1

He didn't look or sound like he was in much pain.

But the same was true of Guice as he ate his lollipop and claimed he was aiight the night before his season ending MRI last year.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

It was a sleeve, but he def had a really bad limp. 

So a sleeve, no brace or crutches? Sounds like he’s fine. 

My team was on life support with Mahomes. Without him, the season is over. I was riding bareback so there isn’t much to get on the wire. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Proteus said:

He didn't look or sound like he was in much pain.

But the same was true of Guice as he ate his lollipop and claimed he was aiight the night before his season ending MRI last year.

Yes but Guice also had a tear in his MCL.. Mahomes, as far as we know and what has been reported, is his KNEE CAP. Which shouldn't be confused with his Knee. Knee cap is better situation to be in. Glass half full type stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CORTEz said:

dislocated kneecap...

I have no idea what kind of injury that is...

anyone have any info on that kind of thing?

As a Tyreek owner and the unfortunate sufferer of this awful injury multiple times...I wrote the following in the Game Thread:

1 hour ago, Spina said:

I have intimate details about dislocated kneecaps (4-Time Sufferer)

-Freshman Year Soccer -- by far the worst pain I've ever felt -- excruciating pain -- kneecap was stuck behind the knee/leg, stretching/straining the ligaments until doctors at the hospital were able to pop it back in after being loaded up on what seemed like every drug (with a little over a month of extensive rehab everyday I was ready for winter basketball season)

-Junior Year Soccer -- Summer Workouts (End of Aug) -- again stuck behind the knee -- made it back towards the end of the season (End of Oct) for it to only pop out (stuck) again. Good Times.

- Junior Year Baseball -- Inside pitch hit directly on the side of my knee and it popped out, but for the first time popped back in instantly (out for about a Week and a half)

Senior year and college baseball - along with the rest of my life - it's thankfully never happened again -- it is however always in the back of my mind.

Sucks for Mahomes -- if no ligament damage probably looking at about 3-4 Weeks (month).

Pray for no ligament damage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No Words 💀

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

My team was on life support with Mahomes. Without him, the season is over. I was riding bareback so there isn’t much to get on the wire. 

I went with Sammy D due to schedule, not the player. Hope is 4 weeks, but obviously season ender  possible.

Reid laughs, says he called the sneak, that no one gets hurt on that play, just a freak injury.  Jackass.

18 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

So a sleeve, no brace or crutches? Sounds like he’s fine. 

I think it’s best to wait for the MRI. Last preseason Guice walked out the stadium and told reporters he was fine before his MRI. It looks mild in comparison to what it could have been but you may be getting a bit ahead of yourself here.

14 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Reid laughs, says he called the sneak, that no one gets hurt on that play, just a freak injury.  Jackass.

Calm down dude. It was a freak injury.

Reid cares more about Mahomes health than you ever will. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

I mean...he's right.

Update based on Dr. Parekh's assessment: 2-4 weeks, with 2 weeks being a strong possibility if he is comfortable in the knee brace and surgery unlikely. Maybe dodged a bullet here. We'll see. Tomorrow will dictate a lot obviously.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I mean...he's right.

7 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Calm down dude. It was a freak injury.

Yeah, run your franchise quarterback who is already hobbled under a pile of 300 pound men and see how it turns out.  I mean, who could predict . . .

• Like 1

Hope it isn’t serious. I feel like the state of quarterback play league wide is the worst it’s been in a long time. As for Reid, yes it is a freak injury. Mahomes has been nursing a bad ankle though people are going to question the decision whether it’s justified or not. The worst possible outcome happened.

2 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Yeah, run your franchise quarterback who is already hobbled under a pile of 300 pound men and see how it turns out.  I mean, who could predict . . .

I always forget that people who play fantasy football tend to be some of the most irrational people on Earth (myself included).

• Like 2

The only thing we can say for sure is he won't be rushed back unless he is 100 percent. Two weeks is pie in the sky... dude was playing gimpy tonight.

Alot of pressure to protect the franchise I would expect...

• Like 1