pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

38 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

So a sleeve, no brace or crutches? Sounds like he’s fine. 

I tore my ACL. Was able to walk around fine also. His knee didn't explode. That's a good thing. Being able to walk around doesn't mean he doesn't have a season ending knee injury. 

8 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Yeah, run your franchise quarterback who is already hobbled under a pile of 300 pound men and see how it turns out.  I mean, who could predict . . .

Tom Brady does it every game. Had 2 QB sneaks for TDs last week on Thursday night in case you forgot. He is an old man and just as valuable to his team and definitely more fragile  but yeah, you DEFINITELY know better than Bellichick and Reid. It's just insane you haven't gotten a Head Coaching job since you clearly know better than those 2 Hall of Fame head coaches. . 

Edited by wideopen21
  • Like 3

Just now, wideopen21 said:

It's just insane you haven't gotten a Head Coaching job since you clearly know better than those 2 Hall of Fame head coaches. . 

Inexplicable, really.

If the best case happens and he's only out a few weeks, at least he'll also be able to get that ankle right too.

Obviously worse case is a season ender, but just trying to stay positive here.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

So a sleeve, no brace or crutches? Sounds like he’s fine. 

You do realize he can walk around fine and still have multi-week absence right? 

17 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Yeah, run your franchise quarterback who is already hobbled under a pile of 300 pound men and see how it turns out.  I mean, who could predict . . .

So sprained ankles lead to dislocated kneecaps? Causation does not equal correlation, it was a freak injury and those things happen. If it is correlated I’m very concerned about Saquon playing this week after his ankle sprain /s.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ddam2013 said:

So sprained ankles lead to dislocated kneecaps? Causation does not equal correlation, it was a freak injury and those things happen. If it is correlated I’m very concerned about Saquon playing this week after his ankle sprain /s.

body overcompensates for inj. fact

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

body overcompensates for inj. fact

Yes and I would agree if this was a knee sprain or something common but this is a very uncommon injury if knee dislocations were a result of playing with ankle sprains there would be way more of them.

Just now, Ddam2013 said:

Yes and I would agree if this was a knee sprain or something common but this is a very uncommon injury if knee dislocations were a result of playing with ankle sprains there would be way more of them.

we will never know. just saying other inj happen when ur inj/sore/banged up. s--- happens a lot to me ha

• Like 1

Just now, Ddam2013 said:

If your ankle is weakened and you can't maneuver through a qb sneak the way you otherwise could, who knows what kind of damage you might suffer as a result.  Bottom line: it was a stupid call on a night where everyone knew that Mahomes was at far less than 100%.  Just ridiculously stupid.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We’ve seen quite a few guys walk off the field with torn ACL’s, then find out the next day they’re done. They know he dislocated the kneecap, but what they don’t know is if the ligaments are damaged to the point where he needs surgery. As of right now, it seems like he dodged a bullet & might just be out a few games. Nobody really knows until the MRI tomorrow

2 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

If your ankle is weakened and you can't maneuver through a qb sneak the way you otherwise could, who knows what kind of damage you might suffer as a result.  Bottom line: it was a stupid call on a night where everyone knew that Mahomes was at far less than 100%.  Just ridiculously stupid.

Andy just couldn't help himself so he had to one up Denver's coaching staff

11 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

And it was against the Donkeys, so...

44 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Tom Brady does it every game. Had 2 QB sneaks for TDs last week on Thursday night in case you forgot. He is an old man and just as valuable to his team and definitely more fragile  but yeah, you DEFINITELY know better than Bellichick and Reid. It's just insane you haven't gotten a Head Coaching job since you clearly know better than those 2 Hall of Fame head coaches. . 

They could have easily gotten the 3 points and they were already up. BAD decision on an already hobbled mahomes. Reid is a bad coach with a string a good teams

I think we're only looking at a few weeks here. And as someone mentioned, it gives him time to get the ankle back to 100% as well. Not an ideal situation, but could be much worse. There are always QBs on the wire with good matchups that are serviceable. 

• Like 1

The guy got hurt on a freak injury that had nothing to do with his ankle. A defender slamming into the side of your knee when you're about to hit the ground causing you kneecap to dislocate has literally nothing to do with a preexisting ankle injury. 

He'll be out for at least a few weeks but they won't know if he damaged his MPFL until he has his MRI tomorrow. If there is damage to his MPFL there is a chance he's done for the year. Since it's his first dislocation it seems likely he didn't severely damage his MPFL (if at all) but we have no idea. The only issue, as someone else pointed out, is that now he has dislocated his kneecap once he's exponentially more likely to do it again. 

Edited by munde53
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m placing my bet on out for the season. They’ve known he’s been injured for weeks and they run a sneak. Tar tar. This is the first year I’ve legitimately questioned Reid on multiple fronts..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theantishere said:

If the best case happens and he's only out a few weeks, at least he'll also be able to get that ankle right too.

Obviously worse case is a season ender, but just trying to stay positive here.

Exactly. And know what, my money is on 2 to 4 week diagnosis, Back in 3. And the few week’s rest allows Mahomes otherwise gimpy ankle the rest and recovery time necessary for it to fully heal. And when he returns, just a few short weeks rom now, he immediately plugs back into lineups as the 2019 weeks 1 thru 3 version of Patty Mahomes in all that Irish sonsofbitche’s glory

(and all the Chiefs positional players back on board along the ride)

And then one day — many, maaany minutes and hours from now, perhaps even days from now - like upwards of dozen & a half, two dozen....we all look back on this and have a nice chuckle

Food for thought: without this injury, Mahomes continues to be hobbled by his ankle as a watered down version of himself (see week’s 4, 5, and his 1+ quarter of football in week 6) all the way till his bye in week 12, where he receives all of one week of rest to allow his banged up ankle, now 9 weeks since having initially tweaked it. Ask yourself this: you better off?

So...blessing in disguise??  I’m thinking, yeah, could very-well be.

Plus I just shook the Magic 8-Ball and it came back with “Outlook Good”

No, seriously. I actually did do that and that’s what happened. So that’s good.

38 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Exactly. And know what, my money is on 2 to 4 week diagnosis, Back in 3. And the few week’s rest allows Mahomes otherwise gimpy ankle the rest and recovery time necessary for it to fully heal. And when he returns, just a few short weeks rom now, he immediately plugs back into lineups as the 2019 weeks 1 thru 3 version of Patty Mahomes in all that Irish sonsofbitche’s glory

(and all the Chiefs positional players back on board along the ride)

And then one day — many, maaany minutes and hours from now, perhaps even days from now - like upwards of dozen & a half, two dozen....we all look back on this and have a nice chuckle

Food for thought: without this injury, Mahomes continues to be hobbled by his ankle as a watered down version of himself (see week’s 4, 5, and his 1+ quarter of football in week 6) all the way till his bye in week 12, where he receives all of one week of rest to allow his banged up ankle, now 9 weeks since having initially tweaked it. Ask yourself this: you better off?

So...blessing in disguise??  I’m thinking, yeah, could very-well be.

Plus I just shook the Magic 8-Ball and it came back with “Outlook Good”

No, seriously. I actually did do that and that’s what happened. So that’s good.

**For the watered down gimpy ankle Mahomes version, I meant to say see week’s 5, 6, and 1+ quarter of week 7. Missed the window to edit before realizing the miscitation. That is all.

Just read a story that said he led a post-game celebration w his team while acknowledging Moore, saying, “how about my guy?” Love it. Class act.

• Like 2