pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Just read a story that said he led a post-game celebration w his team while acknowledging Moore, saying, “how about my guy?” Love it. Class act.

This... ❤️

4 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

so at least 3 weeks.

Trusting Rapoport is too funny

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

They just showed him walking around the locker room with just a knee brace. He’s fine. 

I remember when Derrick Rose walked off on his own power....

• Like 2

Even if it’s best case scenario, I don’t think it would be wise to bring him back before the bye. The team might as well sit him for week 11 as well and bring him back week 13 especially since the rest of the division is struggling. 

What I believe the Chiefs should do regarding Patrick Mahomes. 

shut him down. Now trying to get Patrick to agree afterall we all know he wants to play but he should be concentrating on being healthy for 2020. his health is the number 1 priority for the Chiefs. 

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Trusting Rapoport is too funny

Agree.  This is the dude that said Davante might not miss any time.

• Thanks 1

The cruel thing about all of this is if he does miss any significant time, his bye week is so late.

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

shut him down. Now trying to get Patrick to agree afterall we all know he wants to play but he should be concentrating on being healthy for 2020. his health is the number 1 priority for the Chiefs.

Uh what?  They're 5-2.  Say Mahomes misses 6 games.  If they can go 3-3 and he returns when they are 8-5, they are back to being Superbowl contenders this year.

Zero chance they throw in the towel with Mahomes at 5-2.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Uh what?  They're 5-2.  Say Mahomes misses 6 games.  If they can go 3-3 and he returns when they are 8-5, they are back to being Superbowl contenders this year.

Zero chance they throw in the towel with Mahomes at 5-2.

Well we disagree on the approach we would take with our franchise quarterback and we have no idea what the MRI is going to show.  I just don’t think a dislocated knee will heal in six weeks. He wasn’t right before last nights game and then he dislocated his knee and now your saying he will be fine in only six weeks to return. 

21 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

shut him down.

Now trying to get Patrick to agree afterall we all know he wants to play but he should be concentrating on being healthy for 2020. his health is the number 1 priority for the Chiefs. 

⁉️

Just now, dashoe said:

⁉️

Hmmm. Is that some type of new sabermetrics code? What are you trying to tell us? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Dude, the results from the MRI haven't even come out yet..and you're saying shut him down for the year?  Excuse me for saying this but that's a rash and uninformed decision that you're recommending. 

Shutting him down for the season may actually be the smart move for the Chiefs in the big picture. Their defense is horrific, and with a less-than 100% Mahomes there’s no way they beat NE at Gillette, assuming KC even makes the playoffs. 

Shut him down, fix the defense, decide on a starting RB, and be the SB favorite in 2020.

Honestly...what is Reid doing? QB sneak when your QB is already hurt? That's just as dumb as BB letting Brady QB sneak it so much at the GL.  Just stupid football that is not worth the risk.

• Like 2

Just now, Lamont Sanford said:

Shutting him down for the season may actually be the smart move for the Chiefs in the big picture. Their defense is horrific, and with a less-than 100% Mahomes there’s no way they beat NE at Gillette, assuming KC even makes the playoffs. 

Shut him down, fix the defense, decide on a starting RB, and be the SB favorite in 2020.

What did the MRI say? 

People should be calling out the Chiefs for a terrible play call...why mess around with a QB sneak when you knew your QB was already battling an ankle problem?

No idea how this works out but obviously huge downgrade for the whole offense.  

So if the MRI comes out and its clean and hes projected to be out 3 weeks, the chiefs should come out and say his season is over?

One of the worst takes I've ever heard on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1