pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

What do you mean none of us know the cause? Watch the video, the player who tackles him lands on his knee. What does that have to do with his ankle

When did I say it had anything to do with the ankle? My point is none of us know if the bum ankle played a part or not. Maybe it did. Maybe it didn’t. And I’ve seen the video many times. Who hasn’t? 

I think we can all agree that the Chiefs should shut him down for the year, and he should retire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Message board doctors: “The ankle and the knee are two separate body parts, but if one is injured, it definitely leads to the other being injured. We’re smart. Leave the thinking to us.” 

See what’s funny is that because none of us know the extent or the actual cause, the snarky comment you made can actually be applied to you, too. Maybe the knee was a result of the bum ankle. Then again, maybe not. You think you’re being clever, but your snark sticks to you, too. Frankly, I’m not on either side of this. I don’t really care why it happened, and it’s not worth the argument. I just hate that it happened to Mahomes...seems like a good kid. 

Fact:  I have never said that the ankle caused the knee.  I do not know that, and neither do you or any of the other message board doctors who claim to.

Fact:  Unlike you and the genius Andy Reid, I recognized that, given the health of Mahomes, it was a horrible call as soon as he ran the sneak, well before they pulled Mahomes and his broken knee from beneath the pile.  This is not hindsight.

Fact:  Now Mahomes is out for very possibly the rest of the year.

So, tell me, who has been proven right here, me or you, your message board doctor friends, and the genius Andy Reid?

Edited by Bastardo!

17 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Ooh Fitzpatrick would be fun to watch in KC

I think that Fitz would be a better replacement than Matt Moore because he's more similar to Mahomes.  I remember watching Moore when he played for Miami and he liked to sling the ball, too, but I still like Fitz better.

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I think that Fitz would be a better replacement than Matt Moore because he's more similar to Mahomes.  I remember watching Moore when he played for Miami and he liked to sling the ball, too, but I still like Fitz better.

Be tough to get Fitz since he's now the starter in Miami but Miami is fully tanking. So much so that trading away their starting QB might not be such a stretch for them. As I mentioned in the game day thread, Foles was made for this job but not sure if KC could pull it off.

Edited by WaiverLooter

9 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Fact:  I have never said that the ankle caused the knee.  I do not know that, and neither do you or any of the other message board doctors who claim to.

Fact:  Unlike you and the genius Andy Reid, I recognized that, given the health of Mahomes, it was a horrible call as soon as he ran the sneak, well before they pulled Mahomes and his broken knee from beneath the pile.  This is not hindsight.

Fact.  Now Mahomes is out for very possibly the rest of the year.

So, tell me, who has been proven right here, me or you, your message board doctor friends, and the genius Andy Reid?

Fact: I have never claimed it was or was not the ankle. You have clearly pointed to the ankle as a cause, multiple times. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn’t. 

Fact: I have not once said it was a good call or horrible call or acceptable call. But keep putting words in my mouth. Lol. 

Fact: Saying Mahomes is very possibly out for the year is, in fact, not a fact. It’s speculation on your part as we await MRI results. 

So tell me, where in any of this thread have I come down on either side. Where have I played message board doctor? I haven’t. All I did was point out the other side of the coin you flipped. All I’ve said was that your own statement could be turned around on you, and that none of us know if the ankle was a cause or not.

But don’t actual facts get in the way of a good rant. 

Edited by Flyman75

5 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Fact: You have clearly pointed to the ankle as a cause, multiple times.

But don’t actual facts get in the way of a good rant. 

Considering that I have not done this, your two statements go well together.

And since I've apparently made this statement "multiple times," it should be easy enough for you to find.  I'll wait.

Edited by Bastardo!

12 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

Yeah, run your franchise quarterback who is already hobbled under a pile of 300 pound men and see how it turns out.  I mean, who could predict . . .

11 hours ago, Bastardo! said:

If your ankle is weakened and you can't maneuver through a qb sneak the way you otherwise could, who knows what kind of damage you might suffer as a result.  Bottom line: it was a stupid call on a night where everyone knew that Mahomes was at far less than 100%.  Just ridiculously stupid.

1 hour ago, Bastardo! said:

All I know is I was cringing and calling Andy Reid an idiot as soon as I saw Mahomes dive under that pile of 300 pounders with his bad ankle, long before they dug him out of the pile and carried him off for the season.

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Considering that I have not done this, your two statements go well together.

You were saying?

If you were not pointing to the ankle as a cause, then why did you bring it up multiple times? 

And I noticed you didn’t address the other “facts” you clearly made up. 

All I know is KC has great incentive to keep Mahomes injury extent a secret while exploring trade options for a qb. Other teams know that KC is still a big contender even with a semi decent quarter back in this explosive offense.

He was probably compensating trying to keep too much pressure off his ankle. The walrus will never win a ship. Good grief, they couldn’t let mahomes rest another week? It was the Broncos...

Hmm, interesting to see how this plays out. Good initial news, but think it is wise to still be a little cynical of the "short absence" talk.

11 minutes ago, rgernon said:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1185238329723367425?s=21

looks like no further damage. Short absence expected 

What is brief??? I wouldn't trust Rap, dude is a mongoloid, the fact that he's seeking other options is bad news, no one knows how long he's going to be out, chiefs haven't given us a timetable....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

What is brief??? I wouldn't trust Rap, dude is a mongoloid, the fact that he's seeking other options is bad news, no one knows how long he's going to be out, chiefs haven't given us a timetable....

Barkley sought out 2nd opinions too and he's already back this week

I expect 1 of 2 outcomes. He comes back ready to roll and plays week 11. Or, they win a game or two and decide to sit him until the bye, he comes rolling back in week 13.

Just now, PointGawd0 said:

Barkley is a freak and a dislocated kneecap is much more serious than a sprained ankle. I'm curious how long Mahommes will play with a brace for 😕 Might be perpetual.

Chiefs are going to lean towards protecting their future.....if there is any potential for him to make the damage worse by playing before surgery one would think he would be shut down for the year.

If you are in the Chiefs front office aren't you looking at how RG3 was handled years ago? Look at the franchise since.

"Brief Absence"

Code for "he'll be out all season". The Rapoport kiss of death.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PointGawd0 said:

Barkley was jumping doing backflips after his sprain....

Enjoy the good news, because it is in fact good news. But I wouldn’t read much into the timeline on when he returns. Rap is a tool and a fraud of a reporter. Adams owners know too well.

Edited by gufomel

20 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I expect 1 of 2 outcomes. He comes back ready to roll and plays week 11. Or, they win a game or two and decide to sit him until the bye, he comes rolling back in week 13.

IMO I agree. Most probable outcome. But I have seen stranger things. 

anyone know how fast he recovers from a previous injury?