pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

If he sits until after the BYE, he gets Oak right out of the gate........and then NE, DEN, CHI for fantasy playoffs 😐

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

When did I say it had anything to do with the ankle? My point is none of us know if the bum ankle played a part or not. Maybe it did. Maybe it didn’t. And I’ve seen the video many times. Who hasn’t? 

My point is if you've seen the video as you've said you have how on earth could his ankle have had anything to do with his knee getting landed on?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Enjoy the good news, because it is in fact good news. But I wouldn’t read much into the timeline on when he returns. Rap is a tool and a fraud of a reporter. Adams owners know too well.

If there was an award for best post with least comments, making the biggest impact to the discussion...you sir,win that award!!!!

50 extra interweb points for you today!!

21 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Enjoy the good news, because it is in fact good news. But I wouldn’t read much into the timeline on when he returns. Rap is a tool and a fraud of a reporter. Adams owners know too well.

Schefter said 3 weeks for Mahomes so im rolling with Adam Schefty

Edited by vthokie3

3 minutes ago, beerfish said:

If he sits until after the BYE, he gets Oak right out of the gate........and then NE, DEN, CHI for fantasy playoffs 😐

so what if he didnt have to sit?

would he still get to play against the same teams after the bye?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, itschief33 said:

Ooh Fitzpatrick would be fun to watch in KC

Bring on the gunslinger! That’ll be good for Tyreek

17 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

so what if he didnt have to sit?

would he still get to play against the same teams after the bye?

Yes, the NFL will maintain the same schedule regardless of the severity of the injury.

My point is, make other plans, its not not like he is coming back to some juicy playoff schedule.

• Haha 1

Mahomes playoff schedule means absolutely nothing, he is the best QB in the league...I actually would rather he faces better teams, they might actually be able to keep up.

The chance of aggravation and making it worse is def a concern here, but if he is good enough to go (obv with the protection of a brace) at the 3 week mark, there is nothing to be gained by sitting him any longer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SGagne said:

And this thread was going insane earlier this morning with sports doctors saying he should sit the whole year. 

I wouldn’t call it insane, us sport doctors wrote that they thought the best interest of the Kansas City Chiefs would be that they shut him down so he can heal, instead of him getting another dislocated knee. 

6 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

Be tough to get Fitz since he's now the starter in Miami but Miami is fully tanking. So much so that trading away their starting QB might not be such a stretch for them. As I mentioned in the game day thread, Foles was made for this job but not sure if KC could pull it off.

Foles is out until Week 12.  Mahomes will probably be back before he will.

1 hour ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Foles is out until Week 12.  Mahomes will probably be back before he will.

oh I was under the impression he could be back to practice next week. But yeah I guess it doesn’t make sense if there is a gap between now and when he’s available.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

oh I was under the impression he could be back to practice next week. But yeah I guess it doesn’t make sense if there is a gap between now and when he’s available.

He is.. foles or fitzpatrick would be great bridges, but I think Moore can surprise people. Reid wlll put him in optimal position to succeed

1 minute ago, Dontrelle Willis said:

What do you guys think of trades involving Mahomes is everyone staying put?

Like everything else, it depends.  It depends if you have a backup, it depend on what you're offered, it depends on your record, it depends if the trade fills your needs, etc.

I'd say in general that if you can find someone who thinks he will be back in 3 weeks and playing his normal game, and gives you fair value at that level, I'd take it instantly.

• Thanks 1

NFL injuries suck.  Green Bay coming playing the Chiefs...what an awesome matchup that would be with everyone healthy.  Rodgers vs. Mahomes.  Tyreek, Davante, Kelce....so many stars would be playing.

Now we have the GB M.A.S.H. unit at WR and the KC missing the best QB in the league.  Stinks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jbarretta said:

Any chance he only misses 2 games since he played thursday?

Only way that happens is if they are just totally non-competitive without him and feel like they have to rush him back to salvage the season.  Otherwise, it's almost certain you won't see him again until Week 13.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 4:23 PM, WayneFontes said:

Fire up Matt Moore with confidence. Mahomes is mostly a system quarterback.

Let us all welcome the new resident troll.

Dropped this dude for Fitzpatrick. I don’t got time for games and Fitzmagic doesn’t play games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Dropped this dude for Fitzpatrick. I don’t got time for games and Fitzmagic doesn’t play games.

Related image

• Like 1

Well the short man Schefty reporting that Mahomies could come back "in less than three weeks".  Not sure how accurate that is, but that would be AHMAZING.