pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Score projection for Mahomes tonight?

25-30 points depending on game flow.

17 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Score projection for Mahomes tonight?

more than Kyle Allen, less than Lamar 🤷‍♂️

Has this guy been figured out? He’s been making terrible short to intermediate passes. Missed a few screens to Mccoy. I know Tyreek was out but I still expected him to put up at least 2 tds. 

• Like 2

What do you think ROS for him? He has a pretty tough schedule ...

1 minute ago, KB24MVP said:

What do you think ROS for him? He has a pretty tough schedule ...

Well I thought he would destroy the chargers. NE could be a shootout, Denver will be tough but he’s at home and I’m not really worried about Chicago they stink. Josh Reynolds and Kupp got some deep plays in. Trubisky and Nagy will give Pat opportunities to score.

The problem now is it seems like they are running a lot on first and goal especially if Hill is out. He needs to regain his TDs.

54 minutes ago, BeGreat said:

Well I thought he would destroy the chargers. NE could be a shootout, Denver will be tough but he’s at home and I’m not really worried about Chicago they stink. Josh Reynolds and Kupp got some deep plays in. Trubisky and Nagy will give Pat opportunities to score.

Why do people keep saying New England games are going to be shootout's? I don't see it, 1 out of 10 games they have played has been a shootout

• Like 2

The two rushing TDs certainly cost him.  Mahomes of last year would have been doing those jet sweep touch pass things that the entire league has been copying.  So essentially a handoff but Mahomes would get credit for a TD. 

I think he looks "off".  They say he is healthy, but he just doesn't look as crisp as he did last year.  There was the nice TD throw to Kelce and also the beautiful off balance throw to Kelce near the sideline that didn't count because he got forced out of bounds.  But he is lacking touch on a lot of other balls.  One ball he seemed to just throw immediately into the ground.  He had trouble throwing over a defender on at least two McCoy screens.

Would have expected Watkins to step up without Hill there most of the game, but he essentially was a zero.  Need to hope that Hill heals quickly during the bye week, but you never know with hamstrings.  Hopefully this team can regroup and figure out how to make the offense go again after the bye.

3 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Why do people keep saying New England games are going to be shootout's? I don't see it, 1 out of 10 games they have played has been a shootout

People don't pay attention.

6 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Any shootout is going to be entirely one-sided because NE's pathetic offense won't be able to keep up.

2 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Any shootout is going to be entirely one-sided because NE's pathetic offense won't be able to keep up.

They are 9-1 right...Back to the thread, IMO it's obviously Mahomes has an injury and having that running game certainly doesn't help 

11 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

They are 9-1 right...Back to the thread, IMO it's obviously Mahomes has an injury and having that running game certainly doesn't help 

Mahomes only threw for 446 and 3 at Tennessee last week.  Ran for 60 yards last night, but he missed some throws after losing Hill while playing at 7000 feet above sea level, so, yeah, clearly hobbled.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Mahomes only threw for 446 and 3 at Tennessee last week.  Ran for 60 yards last night, but he missed some throws after losing Hill while playing at 7000 feet above sea level, so, yeah, clearly hobbled.

That's why I said IMO...Obviously you have one too

3 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

That's why I said IMO...Obviously you have one too

I don't think he's injured, but I do think he's more susceptible to a serious injury now, thanks to Smart Andy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Why do people keep saying New England games are going to be shootout's? 

Because NE has a great D and so-so offense.

:wacko:

I don't get Mahomes either. I know losing Hill is huge, and only a fool expected another year even close to last year. But most rightfully still expected a very good year. Unfortunately their OL isn't so hot and their RBs are a joke, and no legit WR2. Still that doesn't excuse a lot of the poor passes Mahomes has been making. This is not a SB team. 

• Thanks 1

Calling for 40+ mph wind gusts in KC sunday. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

37 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

Calling for 40+ mph wind gusts in KC sunday. [...]

'Homie is nothing if not a precision passer - Kelce/'Reek/Mecole can all do tons of damage on intermediate tosses, with the latter two having insane YAC chops to turn even the most simple slant/screen/drag into an 80 yd jaunt to la casa 🏚

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

'Homie is nothing if not a precision passer - Kelce/'Reek/Mecole can all do tons of damage on intermediate tosses, with the latter two having insane YAC chops to turn even the most simple slant/screen/drag into an 80 yd jaunt to la casa 🏚

Agree but it still isn’t anywhere near an ideal forecast in a must win fantasy matchup. 

• Like 1

[...] Would you dare play him AT New England?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

6 minutes ago, mjb said:

Welp, I played Mahomes all year to a .500 record, but sneaked into the playoffs.  Would you dare play him AT New England?

I would play him over the likes of Matt Ryan and Sam Darnold. Shaky QBs with better matchups. I would play a guy like Tannehill over Mahomes.

• Thanks 1

Live and die by Mahomes. You really don’t wanna start Tannehill and he flops and Mahomes has 40 on the bench. 

Ummm Mahomes went off against Pats last year. Deshaun just destroyed them.

Why would you bench Mahomes? That's just dumb.

Edited by timexsocialclub
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Ummm Mahomes went off against Pats last year. Deshaun just destroyed them.

Why would bench Mahomes? That's just dumb.

Not sure why last season is relevant, a lot of differences from now and last season. The Pats got destroyed in Houston, not in Foxborogh. Mahomes almost put up a complete dud at home vs Oakland if it wasnt for a rare rushing TD.

I mean youre probably still starting Mahomes but I would be more confident if he had played better the last 2 weeks.

Edited by Evincar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In his defense he really didn’t have to do much against Oakland after that pick 6. The game before they had two easy rushing tds in goal line.