pastorofmuppets2

Patrick Mahomes 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What? alright i guess ill type it out.

Id rather not spend a first round on mahomes chasing his #1 overall 5 point lead QB when the next QB is gone round 4 or so. 

Same with TE and same with K/DEF (ill probably drop down a round or 2 for the K/DEF just to get one from a decent D or high powered offense)

for ****z and giggles i'm going to join one of those $10-$20  snake draft leagues next year and see if I can win a league drafting mahommes in rd1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

for ****z and giggles i'm going to join one of those $10-$20  snake draft leagues next year and see if I can win a league drafting mahommes in rd1

I was going to do the same doing Kelce/Ertz 1 and 2 to see if going TE early matters

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What? alright i guess ill type it out.

Id rather not spend a first round on mahomes chasing his #1 overall 5 point lead QB when the next QB is gone round 4 or so. 

Same with TE and same with K/DEF (ill probably drop down a round or 2 for the K/DEF just to get one from a decent D or high powered offense)

No one is guaranteed the "next-best" simply because they were too frugal to spend on the top talent...that train of thought is crowded.

Edited by psygolf

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

No one is guaranteed the "next-best" simply because they were too frugal to spend on the top talent...that train of thought is crowded.

Theres a reason why its crowded. Spend a first on a QB.

2 QB leagues hes worth a first

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

That argument works for literally any position and player.

Sure, but Mahomes just had one of the best fantasy seasons ever, and when other QBs had stats like this they regressed after.  That's why I'm a bit skeptical about just taking his stats from this year and saying he'll do it again next year.  Like Zak0221 alluded, it's possible Mahomes is the Tomlinson of QBs and ends up passing for 4500-5000 and 45-50 for the next year 5+ years.  I'm sure Mahomes will still be one of the top QBs next year, what I'm wondering is whether he'll maintain the same PPG advantage he had this year and I don't think I'm alone in thinking that.

Edited by ZappB
  • Like 2

I’m more likely to take him in an auction, with Tyreek Hill.

If I pay up for both, I can live with a bunch of cheap scrubs to fill out the roster and churn the WW as I hammer everyone’s face in with the best stack since Brady/Moss ‘07

There have only been 13 seasons in which a QB threw for 40 or more TD passes. 2018 Mahomes is on the high end of that scale, with 50 TD passes (tied for 2nd all time). The QB's to be closest to that number of TD passes in the fantasy football era are...

2007 Brady - 50 TD passes

2011 Brees - 46 TD passes

2011 Rodgers - 45 TD passes

2013 Peyton - 55 TD passes

How did they follow up those historic seasons?

2008 Brady - injured in Week 1 of the season

2012 Brees - 43 TD passes (goes from #2 fantasy QB in 2011, over to the #2 fantasy QB in 2012)

2012 Rodgers - 39 TD passes (goes from #1 fantasy QB in 2011, over to the #1 fantasy QB in 2012)

2014 Peyton - 39 TD passes (goes from #1 fantasy QB in 2013, over to the #3 fantasy QB in 2014)

I'd say the owners who drafted Brees, Rodgers and Peyton in the following season after their 45+ TD seasons, were all happy with their production (even if they didn't reach the extremely high and rare number of TD passes they had the prior season). And Brady had a freak injury, so all you can do is shrug your shoulders...because as we know, top players at all positions can get hurt (see: David Johnson and Odell Beckham in 2017, as recent examples). 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Proteus said:

If I pay up for both, I can live with a bunch of cheap scrubs to fill out the roster and churn the WW as I hammer everyone’s face in with the best stack since Brady/Moss ‘07

i did a Broncos stack one season manning-julius-DT-cja worked like a charm until playoffs came then it fell apart when julius got injured and then the collective  stack underproduced for critical playoff games

1 hour ago, Proteus said:

I had that stack in 2007, and it was pretty amazing. 

Across the 13 seasons of my main fantasy league, elite QB/WR stacks have been a part of the 4 best teams in our league's history. Obviously that doesn't mean an elite stack is guaranteed to work, but I've personally seen it work to great effect. 

29 minutes ago, Corleone said:

I had that stack in 2007, and it was pretty amazing. 

Across the 13 seasons of my main fantasy league, elite QB/WR stacks have been a part of the 4 best teams in our league's history. Obviously that doesn't mean an elite stack is guaranteed to work, but I've personally seen it work to great effect. 

And personally I don’t think it gets any more enjoyable than singeing the a**-hairs off your opponent with a 17-20 point play.

• Like 1

What do you guys think his auction price will be in a 12 team $200 ? 

My league has 6 pt td passes also .  

Drafted him for $5 and can keep him for $10.  No brainer imo . 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RUGOO said:

Depending on your leagues  auction style  and competitiveness I can see someone paying 15%-20% of their budget.   He would be one of the first players I toss out early to force someone to spend  their $$$ and i will wait until the end and pick up my QB for  $3

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LuckBox1 said:

# 1 overall 2019

This is a true statement. By the end of the season, he is the most likely out of all NFL players to finished with the most fantasy points in any format. 

But number 1 overall draft pick? That is still depending on format and how you planning to build your roster. 

6 hours ago, RUGOO said:

Probably $30's.

No brainer keep at 10

3 hours ago, LuckBox1 said:

# 1 overall 2019

2QB league and a big maybe,

Let’s say that Chiefs release Tyreek if this news is indeed true. What is the outlook for Mahomes going forward?

16 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Let’s say that Chiefs release Tyreek if this news is indeed true. What is the outlook for Mahomes going forward?

Chris Conley will become a 1000 yard WR

and Kelce will go for 3000

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Mahommes will still be  a top 5 fantasy QB.  The other skills players will need to step up and fill the void and Andy will go shopping for some pass catching talent . 

The guy is a phenomenal athlete. I have never seen a QB throw a football as if he was throwing a baseball.

41 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Chris Conley will become a 1000 yard WR

and Kelce will go for 3000

Conley isn't on the team anymore. Kelce was already a stud. 

Watkins has the most to gain, an I think Mahomes would be just fine. 

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Better draft Baker instead of Patrick now.

mahommes can make anyone of these available FA's a stud

Kelvin Benjamin 
Dez Bryant 
Randall Cobb 
Chris Conley 
Michael Crabtree 
Michael Floyd 
Ryan Grant 
Justin Hardy 
Chris Hogan 
Justin Hunter 
Dontrelle Inman 
Jermaine Kearse 
Cody Latimer 
Rishard Matthews 
Jordy Nelson 
Aldrick Robinson 
Russell Shepard 
De'Anthony Thomas 
Demaryius Thomas 
Deonte Thompson 
Mike Wallace

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Better draft Baker instead of Patrick now.

If Tyreek is indeed let go, I agree with this.