DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

15 hours ago, Stonej14 said:

Idk. Humphreys has less touchdown catches in his career than mike vrable. As a matter of fact delanie walker is the only member on the team with more recieving TDs than vrable... ya I just replied to this statement as an excuse to drop that bombshell 

All he does (Vrable) is catch touchdowns!

Titans' Derrick Henry: Practices again Tuesday

By RotoWire Staff

Henry (calf) participated in Tuesday's practice, Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official site reports.

This is the second straight day Henry managed to practice after his lengthy absence with a left calf strain. It's unclear whether Henry upped his participation by much Tuesday, as videos showed the tailback just participating in indivudual drills, but it's still a good sign for Henry as he makes his way back to 100 percent.

SEE FULL ARTICLE
2061188.png

DERRICK HENRY / 29M AGO

On 8/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, FFCollusion said:

33 year old Adrian Peterson.
90+ runs are a silly stat as the situations where they can potentially occur are so limited.  Anything that results in a TD you're restricted by field position, not speed.

4 different players had 90+ runs last year.
9 different players had 70+ runs last year.
15 different players had 60+ runs last year.
26 different players had 50+ runs last year.

These type of runs are more indicative of blown coverage rather than a player's pure speed.
Looking at the names that are on my list, I assure you, while speed helps, it's not the determining factor.

A 33 year old Adrian Peterson is still extremely fast once he breaks in the open field. If you think he's slow you're sadly mistaken.

You quoted a lot of stats that didn't prove what I said was wrong.

So 4 different RB's broke off a 90+ yard run last year, which one do you consider slow?

2 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Was this boosted by his 90 yard run when he owned that Jacksonville defender lol

I'll retract on my earlier statements in this thread. RBS were drying up and I had to take a chance on him. Hoping for some type of return, but Titans have upgraded their line at least.

44 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Was this boosted by his 90 yard run when he owned that Jacksonville defender lol

I'll retract on my earlier statements in this thread. RBS were drying up and I had to take a chance on him. Hoping for some type of return, but Titans have upgraded their line at least.

Other RBs can boost their stats by big 99 yard runs too. I wonder why they don't do that more often?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Other RBs can boost their stats by big 99 yard runs too. I wonder why they don't do that more often?

It's impressive by Henry because the volume wasn't even full time and he did it.

So, maybe ADP will go back up soon.

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Yanno what I find most encouraging about henry is that even with that one huge run the rest of his 900 yards last season didnt come on that many big plays. In the 2nd half of the season he consistently got good chunks of yardage and wasnt dependent on a 50 yard run to keep his ypc up.

Saquon got over 1/3 of his rushing yards (over 400 yards) on 8 Carries which is concerning becuase that's hard to accomplish in one season let alone repeating it. Nick chubb has the same stat over 1/3 yards on 8 carries

Henry however barely gets to 1/4 of his rushing yards on 8 Carries and one of those was for 99 yards. He shows he consistently got yardage.

All that said saquon and chubb are still beasts but it shows they depended heavily on big plays and those are hard to repeat while a guy like Henry who everyone assumes depended on big plays actually didnt. (He depended on 12 tds) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

value at ADP, that is really all that needs to be said, at this point everyone know his story

5 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Yanno what I find most encouraging about henry is that even with that one huge run the rest of his 900 yards last season didnt come on that many big plays. In the 2nd half of the season he consistently got good chunks of yardage and wasnt dependent on a 50 yard run to keep his ypc up.

Saquon got over 1/3 of his rushing yards (over 400 yards) on 8 Carries which is concerning becuase that's hard to accomplish in one season let alone repeating it. Nick chubb has the same stat over 1/3 yards on 8 carries

Henry however barely gets to 1/4 of his rushing yards on 8 Carries and one of those was for 99 yards. He shows he consistently got yardage.

All that said saquon and chubb are still beasts but it shows they depended heavily on big plays and those are hard to repeat while a guy like Henry who everyone assumes depended on big plays actually didnt. (He depended on 12 tds) 

If you take out the 99 yard run, and even the 54 yarder that same game, he still averaged 4.25 ypc.  Not too shabby. 

• Like 3

Titans LT Taylor Lewan will serve a four-game PED suspension after the league denied his appeal.

Not ideal but no one was expecting it to be over turned anyway.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:48 PM, Stonej14 said:

Eh...

YPC is YPC. Barkley faced stacked boxes with a bad line. He also has ridiculous top speed and acceleration. 

This means that once he gets past the stacked box he’s going to go really far. Otherwise, you are looking at a very small gain if any. The big runs were the nature of the situation not some luck. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last year McKinnon have a calf strain in preseason and went on to tear his ACL.

Injuries lead to other injuries. Compensation. Weakness leading to imbalance. 

Not excited.

3 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Last year McKinnon have a calf strain in preseason and went on to tear his ACL.

Injuries lead to other injuries. Compensation. Weakness leading to imbalance. 

Not excited.

Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby

• Haha 1

Andrew luck retiring means the colts will score less. That's 2 more games this year that henry probably wont be game scripted out of.

4 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Andrew luck retiring means the colts will score less. That's 2 more games this year that henry probably wont be game scripted out of.

Henry catches 30+ balls this year.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Henry catches 30+ balls this year.

If that's the case he'll be an rb1, but I haven't heard anything about him being involved in the passing game

Edited by scheibler

11 minutes ago, scheibler said:

If that's the case he'll be an rb1, but I haven't heard anything about him being involved in the passing game

Not like that's a stretch

Would be 1.8 catches per game. 

Seems doable even with Lewis.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Not like that's a stretch

Would be 1.8 catches per game. 

Seems doable even with Lewis.

Yea I've always had him locked in for  25 to 30 catches this year. If he plays alot more snaps hes gonna catch a few extra dump offs. But now andrew luck cant jump out to a 28 point lead in the first half on the titans. (Maybe luck couldnt do that anyways but he sure ain't gonna do it now)

34 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Yea I've always had him locked in for  25 to 30 catches this year. If he plays alot more snaps hes gonna catch a few extra dump offs. But now andrew luck cant jump out to a 28 point lead in the first half on the titans. (Maybe luck couldnt do that anyways but he sure ain't gonna do it now)

Luck easily could have done that. He was on a hall of fame trajectory but the Titans know what they are. Vrabel is coaching the defense to keep them on games. I see no reason for the titans to panic even down 14 points I think they will stick with Henry as long as he is running hard and that extra useage should lead to those few extra screens 

He is so dangerous in the open field I'd be shocked if they didnt try to work him in a bit more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Does this guy take a huge value hit in PPR?

Well, last year he didn’t earn more than 6 points in anybweek until week 7, and then even after he started warming up, he still through a couple sub-5 pointers in there before his kabillion point explosion in week 14, which only Derrickhenrycleats and like 6 other guys were able to benefit from

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ArtistPain said:

only Derrickhenrycleats and like 6 other guys were able to benefit from

Nah, that was just DHC and all his aliases. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

DH is my 2nd RB because of how value fell to me in the draft, the hype train is real. I'm honestly happy I get to jump on DHCs hype train and ride this wild ride. 

1,600 rushing/15TDs/50 receptions/500 receiving yards/2 receiving TDs

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Haha 2