DerrickHenrysCleats

Derrick Henry 2019 Outlook

34 minutes ago, smeeze said:

If there’s one thing Tanehill is known for, it’s decent passing games 🙄

Henry needs to go to a team with an aging superstar QB that the coaches are looking to take the pressure off by running the ball 30 times per game

Chargers

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Chargers

You keep that evil away from my air guitar friend Ricky Bobby.

13 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Chargers

In my fantasy, he goes to the Seahawks. Wilson's efficency combined with Carroll pounding the run to death, would be an amazing FF season

• Like 2

Just now, hoppychokes said:

In my fantasy, he goes to the Seahawks. Wilson's efficency combined with Carroll pounding the run to death, would be an amazing FF season

I could see it.

He's a dead ringer for prime Lynch.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I could see it.

He's a dead ringer for prime Lynch.

Would love him on the Hawks, the other place I think he could be deadly (but he won't end up there because they already have 42,398 RB's) is the 49er's with Shanahan.

Just now, vercrazy said:

Would love him on the Hawks, the other place I think he could be deadly (but he won't end up there because they already have 42,398 RB's) is the 49er's with Shanahan.

I dunno if the stretch zone would be the best fit anyway.  He could do it but one cutting him doesn't seem like the best use of him.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:03 PM, scheibler said:

Bc 8 games last year were UNDER 6 pointsand

How do I know when someone is mad that they were wrong about Derrick Henry?

Because it's Week 3 of 2019 and I still hear "yeah but for the first 12 games of 2018....."  

Last year is no longer relevant.

Derrick Henry's floor through 3 games is 10 points and you're still stuck on the first half of last year.  Come on, man.

Edited by Lord_Varys
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Facing Atlanta this week

Has had a TD in every game so far this season.

Their premiere run stuffing DT, Grady Jarrett, is banged up a bit...also starting box SS Neal is done for the year.

Mr Henry needs 25+ carries this week

• Like 1

Not going to get cute with Henry - he's an auto start for me. Seeing the volume, goal line, and has homerun potential on any given play. His long speed is unreal for a guy his size.

21 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Their premiere run stuffing DT, Grady Jarrett, is banged up a bit...also starting box SS Neal is done for the year.

All one need do is compare the Vikings game vs the Eagles game to see what works against the Falcons.

35 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Totally forgot Neal is out too , WOW . Recipe for a huge blow up game here. Freakin blows tho, starting him one league vsing him in the other . Such is fantasy life lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Totally forgot Neal is out too , WOW . Recipe for a huge blow up game here. Freakin blows tho, starting him one league vsing him in the other . Such is fantasy life lol 

Baby Rhino gonna rage?

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Baby Rhino gonna rage?

Ehh I really hope so , I'll just hold my tongue for now. Last time around I mentioned "baby rhino" and things didn't go as planned lol. But in all seriousness, a 20 burger is to be expected 😉

usually been pretty anti-henry in the past (never owned him) but tempted to try to deal for him. Gets a ton of work and getting Taylor Lewan back soon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

usually been pretty anti-henry in the past (never owned him) but tempted to try to deal for him. Gets a ton of work and getting Taylor Lewan back soon

It's funny, I was reading an article on ESPN I think about "availability bias" and how Henry's last few games last year had allowed it to seep into public perception artificially inflating Henry's perceived value.  That his early season stretch made him droppable and people weren't focusing on that.

And I thought, "wait a second.  There were circumstances that surrounded that start.  Lafleur was calling plays and splitting the touches between Henry and Lewis.  Saban says Henry is the type of guy that needs touches to get going.  According to the guy that rode him to a Heismann his OC was playing him exactly wrong.  When they fed him the rock he won leagues for people.  Now he's got a coaching staff that buys the message and the offensive line to pave holes for him (not just Lewan and Conklin, but Saffold too).  And I can draft him the 4th round?"

Maybe "availability bias" was focusing on the first half of last year.

• Like 2

So I recently acquired Dion Lewis as "insurance" and it feels dirty. I don't even like Lewis lol.  I could see TEN looking to possibly trade for another RB as insurance behind Henry unless there is another RB in waiting and it would end up a committee.

Having said that Henry is poised to continue his dominance in this backfield and can't wait to see what it looks like once the whole O-line is together.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

It's funny, I was reading an article on ESPN I think about "availability bias" and how Henry's last few games last year had allowed it to seep into public perception artificially inflating Henry's perceived value.  That his early season stretch made him droppable and people weren't focusing on that.

And I thought, "wait a second.  There were circumstances that surrounded that start.  Lafleur was calling plays and splitting the touches between Henry and Lewis.  Saban says Henry is the type of guy that needs touches to get going.  According to the guy that rode him to a Heismann his OC was playing him exactly wrong.  When they fed him the rock he won leagues for people.  Now he's got a coaching staff that buys the message and the offensive line to pave holes for him (not just Lewan and Conklin, but Saffold too).  And I can draft him the 4th round?"

Maybe "availability bias" was focusing on the first half of last year.

Possibly. I just try to stay away from poor offensive teams and I don't have a ton of faith in Mariota. That being side if Saffold plays to the level he did in STL and Lewan comes back strong the line will make holes

9 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Possibly. I just try to stay away from poor offensive teams and I don't have a ton of faith in Mariota. That being side if Saffold plays to the level he did in STL and Lewan comes back strong the line will make holes

If I could find a way to slot three Zeke Elliot's into my RB/Flex spots I would do that haha.

Unfortunately there are only so many RBs that play for good offenses that have predictable usage, particularly along the goal line, week in and week out.

But in terms of Henry's perceived value vs what he is actually doing, and what he could be doing considering the scenario, I gotta say I don't regret the pick.

How’d he look? I wanna buy in on him, but like many of his nay sayers, I have my reservations. Seems like he’s really turned it around, but why is my stubborn a** thinking it’s a fluke? 

1 hour ago, mvttchew said:

How’d he look? I wanna buy in on him, but like many of his nay sayers, I have my reservations. Seems like he’s really turned it around, but why is my stubborn a** thinking it’s a fluke? 

He is the kind of back that doesn't wow you with yards per carry. But he will brutalize a defense and by the end of the game (especially if the the titans are up), he will get a lot of "garbage yards." honestly its my first year owning him, and his floor is solid at about ten points per game in a standard setting.   

• Thanks 1

On another day he breaks off a big run or scores a td and this mediocre but acceptable stat line is another feast. It didn't quite happen, I'll take the double figure points though.

10 point floor. Works for me.

• Like 1

Nugget I found on my feed :

Last 500 carries:

Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott:

2,261 yards and 12 TDs (4.5 YPA)

Titans RB Derrick Henry:

2,260 yards and 23 TDs (4.5 YPA)

• Like 3

On 9/20/2019 at 1:44 PM, RunCMC said:

Henry is perfectly fine , Mariota was sabotaging the whole game... & Calais campbell was wreaking havoc . I watched the entire game, and some decent chunk plays were called back on holding penalties.  Context is everything , and it was just one of those games, where he was barely getting past the 1st line of defense. He's a baby rhino and thrives after getting past that second level of defenders & picking up speed. He's just not that type of back to cut and change direction quickly. Speed is what he needs to be an absolute wreaking ball. But if he's not able to accelerate in time, then we have issues like last night. Seriously time to throw in Tannehill , tired of seeing this bum Marcus 

The game vs the Jaguars was a disaster against their DLine. No one on offense had success and even worse, neither the run or pass was even remotely succeeding to help the other.

Just traded for this guy, can I join you guys on the hype train? He’s a beast.